• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 - Survival Mode Trailer

bombshell

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pajI_GSiLtA

IGN gameplay preview (thanks AKyemeni): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Dy_sNgjto

Since announcing it as part of our Uncharted 4 Multiplayer road map back in May, one of the most common questions we get is: what’s in store for co-op? Well, today I’m excited to give you a first look at Uncharted 4: Survival, our new cooperative and solo mode that will make its public hands-on debut at PlayStation Experience next week and launch in mid-December.

Survival is a wave-based mode where you and up to two additional friends can take on swarms of increasingly powerful enemies and unique objectives. If you played Co-Op Arena from Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, you’re going to feel right at home in Survival. We’ve built upon and evolved the core gameplay experience with an entirely new level of depth, challenge, and variety. From new enemy types and powerful new bosses to a dedicated progression system and expansive upgradable arsenal, Survival is all about strategy, camaraderie, and skill.

Across 50 waves and 10 maps, you’ll face off against Shoreline mercenaries, heavily armored Brutes, Snipers, Hunters, and more that will only get more precise, more aggressive, and better equipped as time goes on. Every 10 waves culminates in an intense boss battle, including our all-new Pirate Warlords. Inspired by the story of Uncharted 4, some of the Founders of Libertalia have arrived to hunt you down with powerful Mystical attacks. Don’t miss Henry Avery himself as the Djinn-wielding Warlord boss in the video above.

A bit more about the mode here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/21/uncharted-4-survival-revealed-play-it-at-ps-experience/

It's FREE. Quoting the roadmap: "Uncharted 4 post-launch multiplayer DLC will include immediate access to maps and modes for everyone at no additional cost."

Henry Avery boss gif (thanks Shin-Ra):
U4coopAvery.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Pretty cool. Basically their answer to horde mode. Hope there are a variety of special "boss" characters like the flaming skeleton pirate.

Edit: Would love to see another super power Lazarevic fight from UC2 made into a boss for this. DRAAAAAAAKE!

Alienous

Yeah, this isn't the CO-OP I wanted for Uncharted 4. Maybe for The Last of Us, but I was hoping for a CO-OP campaign like Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3's. But I expected they'd disappoint.

jjonez18

I swear if we aren't able to unlock those Djinn and Skelton skins...

Don't give me that we've grown out of it bs.

At long last. Still, I'm not as keen on this - I really enjoyed what ND did in UC3 and would rather have that model return.

You and me both. Classic mode was as close as anything in this game felt to UC3 or UC2. Hope they decide against that radar so I can have one mode as a throwback to the old days.

TheKevn

Yes! Hopefully they announce the co op adventure mode soon after this releases. Also saw the snow map from uncharted 2 in there. I'm sure it'll be added to competitive mp.

Papacheeks

Banned
No co-op adventure?

That's what this is? It has different objectives besides just shoot stuff. The co-op in uncharted 2 was basically that, you could go through a level kill the dudes anyway you wanted with co-op then you had mini-boss fights close to the end.

tusken77

Rbm7j2W.gif

Some people thought the ending of Uncharted 4
would involve battling the ghosts of the Founders of Libertalia.
Love seeing them appear as bosses.

Top Bottom