• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Dark Room: Police break up massive Norwegian paedophilia ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aku-Audi

All over the news here, surprised international press hasn't really picked up on it since the activity stretches into Europe and the US apparently. I just returned home for vacation and dear lord...

Norwegian police have filed charges against 51 individuals involved in a grotesque paedophilia ring thought to be one of the largest child sexual abuse cases in the nation’s history.

Dubbed ‘Operation Dark Room’, the police action revealed a number of atrocities against children as young as infancy.

“We have the clear perception that like-minded individuals met with each other in the so-called dark net, where they could talk with one another and cultivate their interest in children in peace,” Reikrås said.

“There are several highly educated [individuals] with high IT skills. They’ve used encryption and anonymity to hide their tracks,” head police prosecutor Janne Ringset Heltne said at the Sunday press conference. She also said that all of the perpetrators involved are men.

One of the involved men had a pregnant girlfriend and discussed plans with another man to sexually abuse the child once it was born, police said.

Some of the accused men also live-streamed their abuse online and performed atrocities with their own children.

More info in the link
http://www.thelocal.no/20161121/police-break-up-massive-norwegian-paedophilia-ring

These kinds of people do not deserve families. Purge them.

One of the involved men had a pregnant girlfriend and discussed plans with another man to sexually abuse the child once it was born, police said.

1272143500915.jpg

3e73f526893e24ed0172ce840e8b3efe.gif

Takyon

From the report:

"Those facing charges can receive a maximum penalty of up to 15 years in prison."

That that is no where near enough. Life in prison at the minimum.

SJRB

Gold Member
Thankfully this scum was arrested and will be put behind bars for a long time. The bolded part is insane. Like, literally.

Freshmire

Being Norway we probably looking at 6 years at most. Maybe except for the baby rape, last time a dude got 18 years I think.
High profile case though so maybe they will be harsher.

magnetic

I can't imagine what it must be to treat cases like this for the officers involved.

This has to be one of the hardest professions in the world.

Just knowing that children are born into a world where their fathers plan to abuse them like objects makes me queasy, and these guys have to deal with this on all daily basis.

And they probably can't intercept right away once they finally track down those channels, because I assume that you would have to observe those groups over some time to collect as much information as possible.

So not only do you have to expose yourself to the most disheartening and nihilistic side of humanity day to day, but you also need to stay dispassionate in order not to uncover yourself too early, collect enough evidence and discover enough leads, knowing that the suffering of the victims continues.

Freshmire

I don't think that is a thing in Norway.

There is kinda, if there is a risk you will reoffend they can jail you for as long as it's needed. All you have to do though is swear you totally not gonna do it again and bullshit a therapist for a while.

Makes me feel sick reading stuff like this. I just don't understand why or how you can do such awful things to kids, let alone your own.

I can't imagine what it must be to treat cases like this for the officers involved.

I applied for this very job a few years back after being sent the application from a friend in the force as I'm pretty 'tech savvy' in most areas including the dark web, social media etc. After talking to her and another fried who was a detective for similar cases (not cyber crime though) and was told what I would have to go through, put me right off. They are given therapy sessions and are monitored throughout to ensure they are kept sane. I noped right out of there.

Fuck that.

Zaru

I mean there's pedophilia and then there's making a criminal organization out of sexually abusing children including your own.
Cases like this must really put the Norwegian faith in "rehabilitation" (and thus no life sentences) to the test.

DrBo42

The possibility that one of these guys would either get a woman pregnant or get with a pregnant woman to abuse the child is something on a brand new level. That's a tier of fucked up I didn't even realize existed.

magnetic

I mean there's pedophilia and then there's making a criminal organization out of sexually abusing children including your own.
Cases like this must really put the Norwegian faith in "rehabilitation" (and thus no life sentences) to the test.

When I hear stories like these it seems to be that this is way beyond "just" sexual perversion and more about sadism - having control over your victims, exploiting power, taking joy in being destructive - a complete lack of empathy.

Hyun Sai

The possibility that one of these guys would either get a woman pregnant or get with a pregnant woman to abuse the child is something on a brand new level. That's a tier of fucked up I didn't even realize existed.

I already heard of this years ago. Paedophiles hooking up with the intent of making child and abuse them. Seems like it's pretty common "tactic" in fact.

I'm pretty sure that severe cases like this result in indeterminate sentencing, allowing the court to prolong their imprisonment indefinitely. They might still try to rehabilitate them, but it'll never work, so they'll never be released.

That said, I'm partially drawing on what I know about how inmate psychopath's are considered for parole in the US (similar plan in cases where they are committed to a mental hospital).

Here's a Wikipedia article on the matter since I'm too lazy to quote the primary source.

NEO0MJ

I already heard of this years ago. Paedophiles hooking up with the intent of making child and abuse them. Seems like it's pretty common "tactic" in fact.

That's something I can't comprehend. Whenever I hear about cases were parents abuse their own children I can't help but wonder where the hell their brain went wrong to have such disconnect from your own flesh and blood.

Moodz

How can people be this horrible? I can't comprehend it. One man I could understand but this many? And it's just one organisation...

Do you think they're influenced by those crazy horror movies?

Moff

I think there was a case a few years ago in thr uk where a woman planned to do this to her child, I think there was even a celebrity involved.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
How can people be this horrible? I can't comprehend it. One man I could understand but this many? And it's just one organisation...

Do you think they're influenced by those crazy horror movies?
Entertainment is a reflection. No, some very few subsets of humans will always be grotesque, murderers and rapists. I don't like using the word evil because it's cartoonish.

boinx

That's something I can't comprehend. Whenever I hear about cases were parents abuse their own children I can't help but wonder where the hell their brain went wrong to have such disconnect from your own flesh and blood.

They were probably sexually abused in their childhood as well.

Despera

Banned
Getting your wife pregnant for the sole purpose of producing a child you and your buddies can abuse/rape.

I'm having a hard time processing this part of the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom