• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

snow areas in games...

snow blowing in your face, bone-chilling winds, reduced visibility, apartment that won't quite get warm, dreary monochromatic landscapes

as a scandinavian i already get enough of this shit, i play games to escape it

pls devs the pain is too real, keep it out of your games :(

As an Ohioan I also am asking the devs stop having drastically shifting weather within a short period of time. I get enough of that already.

I am with you OP. Never liked them. Pretty much stopped playing Rise of the Tomb Raider because my motivation to keep moving through the frigid snow level was very low.

There is only one exception for me, Guacameele Sierra Morena (SP?)

v8HEt0Zl.jpg

Monocle

Here's a guy who either hasn't played or is incapable of appreciating the timeless Halo classic Assault on the Control Room.

bmecey

Neo Member
Just started The Division and I like playing it in the cold especially since it's set around this time of year.

Eusis

snow blowing in your face, bone-chilling winds, reduced visibility, apartment that won't quite get warm, dreary monochromatic landscapes

How else you going to ski or snowboard though?

... Seriously though, I like them but I'm also in CA, miss the snow from PA, and frankly always had a fondness for snowy areas.

Mupod

The Long Dark would like to have a word with you

I grew up in a rural part of northern ontario and this game hit me hard. It's scary and beautiful.

Also, all that time in school where they drill into you that cat tails are the god tier survivalist plant paid off, lol.

I'm a Canadian but for some reason I love a good snow level. Maybe because I can experience it without getting cold, and because they always have the best music.

nope. grew up without weather. haven't even lived in a place with snow for a decade yet. it's still novel in real life and still cool in games.

Fumpster

Snow areas are awesome in games, as someone who greatly hates snow IRL.

It's ice levels that mess with your traction that need to die.

As a Russian, I can relate. Snow levels are cool until they feature blizzards and tons of snow (= except they are "ice levels.")

MadYarpen

I remember I liked how snow was made in ACIII.
Also, I see no reason to avoid them. Winter is nice. I like winters.

PSqueak

Banned
Snow and ice levels tend to have good music, specially on Rare games.

Freezezy Peak theme is forever engraved in my heart~

DarkKyo

I love snowy areas in games. Same goes for reason. And fog... I just like bad weather in general.

Correction: by "bad weather" you mean what the majority of the population considers bad weather. For those like us, rain and snow are good weather!

Top Bottom