• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Season Pass (incl. Lost Legacy) being removed from sale on 13 Dec

AHA-Lambda

Information is from TheSixthAxis

Sounds like a move akin to Dying Light and Fallout 4's season pass price increases

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy was announced at PSX with a fantastic looking trailer, but they failed to get across how this stands in relation to Uncharted 4 and its Explorer’s Pack season pass. Is it DLC? Is it standalone? Turns out it’s both.

If you’ve bought the Explorer’s Pack – whether separately or as part of a more expensive special/deluxe edition – you get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a free download when it’s released. However, both the Explorer’s Pack and the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition will be removed from sale on 13th December. After that point, your only option will be to buy The Lost Legacy as a digital or physical standalone game. You have 10 days to buy it as part of the Explorer’s Pack (currently £19.99), but we don’t know how much it will cost standalone.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2016/12...-fits-in-with-the-uncharted-4-explorers-pack/

Lock if old.

Edit:
Ah, it's on the ND blog

If you picked up the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack, you’ll get The Lost Legacy as a download at launch. Both versions will only be available until December 13, so don’t miss your chance to get Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy at an amazing value.

http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_the_lost_legacy_announced_coming_in_2017

How much do we expect the story expansion to cost? I think I would rather buy it physical, but this news makes me think the price will be more than the season pass currently costs.

sense

How much do we expect the story expansion to cost? I think I would rather buy it physical, but this news makes me think the price will be more than the season pass currently costs.
30 would be my guess but they are making it sound substantial and calling it expansion so may even go as high as 40.

If you got the 20% off coupon from the PSN newsletter, it will work on season passes. Just used it on my FFXV season pass purchase. It also stacks with the current holiday sales, so I was tempted by $5.99 Oceanhorn but ended up holding off since I'm very likely not going to play it with the other games I have on my docket right now.

It's one way you can get the Uncharted pass for a slightly lower price. I didn't need to since I bought it at launch, but thought I'd throw that tip out there for anyone that's thinking about getting in while the getting's good!

If you got the 20% off coupon from the PSN newsletter, it will work on season passes. Just used it on my FFXV season pass purchase. It also stacks with the current holiday sales, so I was tempted by $5.99 Oceanhorn but ended up holding off since I'm very likely not going to play it with the other games I have on my docket right now.

It's one way you can get the Uncharted pass for a slightly lower price. I didn't need to since I bought it at launch, but thought I'd throw that tip out there for anyone that's thinking about getting in while the getting's good!
Man now I really wish I had gotten that code.

pager99

thanks op will buy
edit i actuallY reccomend people wait till tomorrow if you havent bought uncharted yet as its the next 12 deals of christmas

cheez124

How active is Uncharted 4 MP? I haven't played in a while, and I don't know if those points are even worth it.
still feels pretty active, although i don't know if there's any actual numbers out there. i don't play too often but i always find matches quickly, and i never see any repeat players

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
$30-$40 for the standalone is insane. The Witcher 3's expansion pass was only $25 for both Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine.

I'm thinking more like $20. If it's more than 8 hours, I'll be shocked.

Zolo

$30-$40 for the standalone is insane. The Witcher 3's expansion pass was only $25 for both Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine.

It's worth pointing out Witcher 3's expanions were more ridiculously cheap for all you got than anything.

It's releasing retail, and I doubt they'll have price difference between digital/retail version, so it's a bit doubtful that it'll only be $20.

I won't say you can't make a comparison between different companies and games perception of value and time-length, but by the same logic, Uncharted 4 and TW3 are both the same price yet the amount of play-time in both games are starkly different.

If it's 5-6 hours, I can easily see this being priced at $40, the same as Ratchet & Clank.

Games aren't priced around length. If that were the case Witcher 3 expansion should be over $60 since it's longer than most full price games.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
For people not having the base game: we know that the next Christmas Deal on PSN is
Uncharted 4, so i think we could get a nice discount on the bundle as well
I'm going to wait 10 hours to find out.

Hm. Well what else is in the season pass?

I don't care about microtransactiony stuff.

Just looking that up myself. From the UK store:

• Play the first ever Uncharted single-player bonus chapter as soon as it’s released.
• 3,200 Uncharted™ Points to spend on weapons, upgrades and items in Uncharted™ 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer.*

This leads me to think that The Lost Legacy is going to cost more than the current Expansion Pass price (of £20 for us here). I wonder if it's worth jumping in now and getting it for a cheaper price.

sense

InFamous: First Light was $14.99, The Lost Legacy will probably be between $19.99 and $24.99.
There is no reason to remove the deluxe edition or the explorers pack from sale if that is the case. They have said that the lost legacy started as dlc akin to last of us left behind but then the scope expanded and they are making it bigger than that and calling it an expansion. 30$ is the minimum imo

Melchiah

It's a good thing I bought the digital deluxe edition, that cost the same as the physical special edition. I rather have the DLC, instead of an art booklet and steelbook case.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wait.....The Lost Legacy is actually getting a disc release???

The Witcher III expansions were definitely underpriced but to be perfectly honest, CDPR increased my expectations. The Witcher III expansion pass was the first pass that I purchased since the season pass for ACIV: Black Flag for PS3. Granted, it's a WRPG but still, the quality is insane. I can't look at any other expansion passes, season passes or stand alone DLC in the same way. I simply expect a lot more from them now after playing through both of The Witcher III expansions.

Mrbob

Witcher 3 expansion is literally the best deal for any dlc. Can't think of any other paid dlc that compares.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So currently, the Explorer's pack is $37.95AU.

I'm wondering if I should buy it or not. The fact that they're going ot get rid of it makes me think the SP DLC will cost more than that

Nameless

InFamous: First Light was $14.99, The Lost Legacy will probably be between $19.99 and $24.99.

Yeah. $30 tops. My guess is they want to leave the door open for more stand alone expansions. Wouldn't be shocked to see the rumored Sam story after this.

cyba89

So the Season Pass is just the singleplayer DLC and some multiplayer currency. Why have a Season Pass at all then when you don't know how big the only actual content in it will be?

Thanks OP for pointing that out. So if the Season Pass gets removed, what about the other extras the latter ensures? What will happen to them and how could someone one get them?

Recall

Doesn't Destiny have expensive DLC.

You can't guess prices, you just have to wait and see what is announced/leaked.

If it's Uncharted 4 Triple Pack, then yes, that's the one.

On the whole, yes: You'll get access to SP DLC but Explorer Pack also gives you MP points to spend on items you want. Original DLC Pack (the cheaper Triple Pack) awarded you pre-determined MP items. (And access to the SP DLC upon release, obviously.)

Keep in mind the rules about main game / DLC region lock, and that ShopTo isn't trusted by everyone due to their getting hacked / CC details being stolen. Something like that.

Top Bottom