• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters, more

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Updated: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612070039/

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV was able to achieve an amazing accomplishment, shipping 5 million copies worldwide on the release day. I would like to express my gratitude for everyone that has purchased it.

Currently I have heard many players around the world enjoying themselves. Players are pleased to be enjoying this new Final Fantasy, as well as the staff, we are really happy.
We’ve promised before launching the game that Final Fantasy needed to be complete before it was released. We will continue to update and we are planning to provide a more rich gaming experience to all players around the world. As a gratitude for exceeding 5 million copies, I’ve decided to strengthen the update plan considerably beyond the original plan and inform you of a concrete road map.

These are updates to make the Final Fantasy XV gaming experience more rich, and for longer playability, updates based on requests from players after the release, and in addition to DLC development reported previously. They will be given for free for the short term, mid-term, and long-term.

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals
First, we will update the experience of Chapter 13’s gameplay. For that reason, we are undertaking many enhancements such as increasing the power of the ring’s magic. We will inform you of the details of updated content at a later time.

Mid-term goals
Updating the production of the second half of the game, further enhancing the experience of the story. For example, we are planning to add event scenes where “What happened to Ravus?” was from. In addition to the event scenes, voice responses and localization work to all languages will occur so we will work firmly on this as a mid-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it’s decided.

Long-term goals
We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters. In addition to this, we will continue to actively update so that various players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV for a long time.

Others
After clearing the game, you can carry your progress into a New Game. Finishing it at a low level, an invincible suit, we will offer various items that extend the range of play. Fonts displayed can be enlarged for easier reading.
For the already announced DLC, it is planned to be released as originally intended.

FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

On behalf of the staff and all players around the world, we hope you will enjoy Final Fantasy XV even more. Thank you for your continued support for Final Fantasy XV and the Final Fantasy series.

FFXV Director Hajime Tabata

ZeroX03

Banned
Are you fucking serious

Stop playing right now people

Do not get up to that chapter until the patch hits

I repeat

DO NOT PLAY THE WORST CHAPTER IN FF HISTORY UNTIL IT'S FIXED

KingBroly

Banned
That's pretty interesting. A bit too late for most people I'd guess.

It's going to make looking up youtube walkthroughs confusing, too.

mess.
tumblr_o4i2haSZ201ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Could you also add a church in the (SPOILER!!!)
future
where you can
see Luna’s ghost and bring her to life
? Cause that would be awesome.

Are you fucking serious

Stop playing right now people

Do not get up to that chapter until the patch hits

I repeat

DO NOT PLAY THE WORST CHAPTER IN FF HISTORY UNTIL IT'S FIXED

Seeing as I'm doing every single hunt and sidequest I find, it's probably gonna take me a while anyway. Played for three hours yesterday and I'm not even at Galdin Quay.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This, uh...kinda makes me want to stop until these updates are out.

Also, avatar player character? Whaaaat?

raven777

Ok so I will add some details on the future update road-map

3 main updates: short term, medium term, long term

short term:
they are adjusting balanace of chapter 13 to make it bit less frustrating by making magic power stronger, etc.

medium term:
improving late game event stuff to make it better. Things like 'why Ravus decided to do what he did' etc. by adding cutscenes.

long term: will add important characters in the game as playable characters. Also considering an avatar system where you create your own character

Pappasman

I am just before this chapter so I guess this is a good time to go back and do some sidequesting until the patch hits.

Is there an ETA on the patch in that article?

Elios83

When is this stuff supposed to be released?
All during this month? Before Christmas?

Edit: the short term and holiday updates I mean.

Xevren

That chapter in question is no doubt one of the worst pieces of shit I've played in awhile. Also pretty dope to see them being open and continuing to work on it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This, uh...kinda makes me want to stop until these updates are out.

Also, avatar player character? Whaaaat?

I want make Noctis look like this;

Ugly-Shepard-black-moustache.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
They should absolutely let you bring along the guest party members in the post game btw, they're really cool.

zeromcd73

Quick translation
FFXV Update road map
Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13. In order to do this we will be increasing the strength of the ring magic etc.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

Soulflarz

Banned
...that solution doesn't fix it
the magic ring OHKOs everyone anyways-what's the point? The issue is it's boring and never ends.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hmm. If all they do is 'balance' 13 then the chapter is still way too long and terrible, that was not the issue with that shit.

The death spell and holy are already strong enough as it is in that Chapter. We just desperately need more exposition and more cutscenes.

They really need to go back and create more cutscenes with Luna, or force the player to hear the radio broadcasts from the Regalia.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Uhh, this sounds like stuff you'd have thought they delayed the game for in the first place.

lol

I can bet you SE didnt want to delay the game, and so it was cut cut cut.

I hope that Tabby can convince them to release a director's cut version down the line with all this new content on disc.

Baliis

I liked chapter 13 even though most people seem to hate it. Felt just long enough to me to not get boring, you get a
gimmicky weapon to play with
and before that gets too old, it
gives you back a sword
and you can blitz through the rest of it, then ends
with what I thought was a great twist that I didn't see coming

If anything they needed to expand the next chapter and show us what happened with all the characters is name drops as being total bad asses now.

That long term goal sounds nice though, let you use the temporary party members as you want in the post game or something would be sick.

Ra1den

As somebody that is on a media blackout and won't be playing FFXV for awhile, I'm kinda concerned about this. Are they gonna water down the difficulty of a chapter?

I can't read the link cuz spoilers. Plz help me GAF.

raven777

...that solution doesn't fix it
the magic ring OHKOs everyone anyways what's the point- the issue is it's boring and never ends.

I think one of the problem in that chapter is killing those soldiers with death is quite annoying so you are forced to used Altena (or whatever it's called). Making death work easier on those soldiers would make the chapter just (a tiny bit) less frustrating.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Lmfao literally a fantasy based on feedback. XD Seriously patch that newspaper scene to a tablet Tabata.
raw

Gemeanie

Half of me be like this shouldn't have happened.

Another half of me be like THIS IS HAPPENING please continue to patch the story!!

ULTROS!

Yup. This game was rushed which is a damn shame since it had the potential for to be one of he best FF.

Well if it gets patched as hell and if they play the cards right, might as well be a great game in the end, no? :p

Top Bottom