• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War is almost done shooting (mocap)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It took me a bit to realize this was about the movie. I first thought it was about the upcoming game, but then I was confused why they were 'shooting', were they trying to blend real life cinema and games or something? but that didn't make any sense. And then for some reason I thought it means there was some shooter GoW game I somehow didn't know about, and the shooting would stop soon.

I am tired and should sleep.

JayEH

It took me a bit to realize this was about the movie. I first thought it was about the upcoming game, but then I was confused why they were 'shooting', were they trying to blend real life cinema and games or something? but that didn't make any sense. And then for some reason I thought it means there was some shooter GoW game I somehow didn't know about, and the shooting would stop soon.

now i'm really confused

zsynqx

My post from the other thread

For comparison, TLOU finished shooting in November and released in June (7 months later). If they're already almost done with mo-cap then the assumption is that the game will release in 2017.

Could be their big holiday game this year, been a while since Sony had one of those. :p

Edit: I was wrong, it was actually December when mo-cap wrapped on TLOU. So 6 months between that and when the game shipped

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/282304148408508416

Wait what, when did this start?

MOCAPPPPPPP PEOPLE

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wait, so this is for the game and not that God of War movie that was announced two years ago that went silent to the last bit of knowledge?

It doesn't help the new Norse game is currently called God of War, the phantom non-announced but talked about film was called God of War, the series is called God of War, and the original game was God of War.

While mocap and voicing and stuff is done for games, it's not very often you hear the 'shooting' of a game is near done for these things. It's what it'd be called but it's often that's announced or made into a topic.

zsynqx

A mod can dd PS4 to the title to clear up any confusing.

Just say in the OP it's mocap for the videogame.

So all of a sudden God of War is now so popular that they need to milk the franchise with a medium besides video games? I wonder what's next.

image.php

Phil Fish

Banned
So all of a sudden God of War is now so popular that they need to milk the franchise with a medium besides video games? I wonder what's next.

Cess007

Wasn't there a rumor that everything shown on the E3 was scrapped and that they started all over? If mo-cap is done; it doesn't that they have started again.

This is sarcasm, right?

Well that's great to hear.
I actually thought SSM wouldn't be anywhere near having mocap done.

So this could release near the end of 2017 I guess but I'm sticking with a spring 2018 release.

Skeff

OléGunner;226220084 said:
Well that's great to hear.
I actually thought SSM wouldn't be anywhere near having mocap done.

So this could release near the end of 2017 I guess but I'm sticking with a spring 2018 release.

If mocap is complete then it could launch mid 2017 but I'd guess this will be releasing in the fall.

Veelk

Banned
Knowing my luck, this will be the one videogame movie that gets super acclaim even if it's mediocre

Endo Punk

I'm really glad Gow was absent from PSX. Gives me something to get excited about for next E3. And hopefully Sucker Punch comes out of the shadows.

Zukkoyaki

I still firmly believe it's going to be March 2018... though I would LOVE to be wrong. It's easily one of Sony's most compelling exclusives on the horizon. Having Barlog at the helm with the new setting and tone sets the stage for it to be something very special.

Top Bottom