• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/64355-seasons-of-heaven-exclusif-nintendo-switch-premieres-photos-

By Any Arts Production.

SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_004.jpg
SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_001.jpg

SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_002.jpg
SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_003.jpg

SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Editeur_005.jpg

Yes really beautiful and new artworks too :

SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Visuel_001.jpg

SeasonsofHeaven_NX_Visuel_002.jpg

One of America’s great authors, Louis L’Amour once said, “There will come a time when you believe that everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning.” In Seasons of Heaven that is exactly what a small group of people who find themselves survivors of the greatest purge every known will ultimately come to realize. In their struggles to survive on a stripped and barren earth, they will learn that humans across the world literally died as a result of their own careless actions. Centuries of lying waste to the very land that sustained them was what would kill them in the end. The animals would be killed and eaten into extinction. The water needed to sustain all life would be polluted until it was undrinkable, and the air would be filled with waste that would suffocate the oxygen that was vital to their survival and the survival of everything else on earth. As the survivors learn to survive in a whole new world they will have to remember that the very things that gave their fellow humans a sense of superiority and even omnipotence were what had killed them in the end. Seasons of Heaven will take you from deep inside of a mystical forest at the beginning of time all the way through to the twenty-first century and the fall of civilization. It will take you on a journey with Yann, a young boy with Asperger’s syndrome and his faithful companion, Ani, a French bulldog who Yann is able to communicate with through telepathy. As you follow along on their journey you’ll have the opportunity to meet the rest of the major players and bear witness to the enlightenment of some and the demise of others. This story will allow you to experience the awe of discovering the most beautiful, magical place that ever existed while at the same time staying only one step ahead of the dark and vile underbelly of the human race.
That's the story behind this novel (?).

Those screens are from a game called Seasons of Heaven. Gameblog has the exclusive of the first screenshots (direct feed): http://www.gameblog.fr/news/64355-seasons-of-heaven-exclusif-nintendo-switch-premieres-photos-

We'll have more content about the game very soon.

As some of you pointed out, we also have a few pieces of concept art on the site. Next week we'll have a video interview with the creators of the game as well as the first gameplay footage.

The very same game Laura teased hours ago.

May as well make a thread for the unveiling.

LOL, nice controlled leak.

Also, gonna guess that the dev doesn't even have a Switch dev kit yet and is just doing exclusivity for the attention. Not unprecedented, but clever!

Vuze

What's up with the weird Aspect Ratio/crop of the screenshots?
Also dat compression. PNGs or 90%+ JPGs pls

jond76

Banned
So an unveiling with no context? Type of game? Can't get too excited over some screens, need more info.

Nice bullshots :)

Apparently the source resolution is 1280 pixels wide so...

I guess they could have been downsampled, but this is a far cry from those immaculate PS Vita renders at 1980 x 1080 of Uncharted: Golden Abyss. And early 3DS games like Ridge Racer 3D having 800 x 480 screenshots with tonnes of AA *and* added motion blur.

18-Volt

Is this an indie game? What kind of indie studio have resources to create this kind of game? Serious question.

Oh early screenshots, how you confuse and mislead us.

Really can't say much about this game, other than I'm happy that it's an original IP. Can't tell if that's actually what the game looks like, or what those shots are relevant to. Could be bullshots, or shots of cutscenes.

Still, I'm glad Switch has new IP early on.

Wonder if the dev got the ok from nintendo to reveal this before the January presentation. Or was this done without their knowledge?

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Looking good. Looking forward to the gameplay trailer, as I'm interested in how the gameplay works.

addik

From the article:

The game is about a boy with Aspergers' Syndrome (Yann) and his dog. Not much other info from what I see, but GameBlog will publish an interview next week with a "46 second surprise."

Game is developped in Unreal Engine 4.

Is this an indie game? What kind of indie studio have resources to create this kind of game? Serious question.

From LinkedIn...

(Jan 2013 - Present)
ANY ARTS PRODUCTION
"Developing a new video game company with many video game veterans from international studios."

Game appears to have been in development since early 2013 going off the profile. There's concept art from early 2013 too:

Others have found the game's story synopsis from the same profile on the other thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226225992&postcount=185

That's the story behind this novel (?).

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Let me repeat what I already said in the other thread...

Pictures look good.

NOW let's wait to see it running on the Switch with stable 30fps.

Oregano

I'm skeptical that they would be allowed to announce this if they were actually working on Switch hardware right now. It might be an actual product planned for Switch but this is probably just a build on PC. Guess we shall see...

I'll be honest knowing the rumored switch specs and seeing this game, specifically the foliage, just doesn't seem likely and makes me want to say these are bullshots

Then again The vanishing of Ethan carter makes me want to believe

I'll be honest knowing the rumored switch specs and seeing this game, specifically the foliage, just doesn't seem likely and makes me want to say these are bullshots

Then again The vanishing of Ethan carter makes me want to believe

what rumored specs are widely accepted as fact for Switch tho?

JCH!

As I said in the other thread, I seriously doubt these screens and the trailer are running on actual Switch hardware.

I hope I'm wrong though :D

Top Bottom