• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

WpCiZwF.png

Another year coming in, another moment for a snapshot in time of NeoGAF's most anticipated 2017 games! The deadline for voting will be January 1st at 8:59 PM PT/ 11:59 PM ET. At the end, all the votes will be tallied and the top 10 most anticipated games will be posted. Please feel free to ask if a specific game is announced for 2017 or not. I don't have access to a parser or any other tool to break down all the stats, so the results will take a week or more to tally once voting and discussion is done. Have fun, be nice!

R0hjoRo.png

D3JHU0T.png

In order not to complicate things, the guidelines are simple:

• You can list up to 10 games
  • The list must be numbered from 1 through 10
  • Each game can only have one vote
  • Please use a colon between the title of the game and your sentence
  • A game still counts even if it's releasing for only one region
  • Games from ALL platforms are welcome: PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, 3DS, Wii U, iOS, Android etc.
  • Each game must be either confirmed to be released next year OR at least have a "TBD 2017" release date estimate
  • Please attempt to comment and write a bit about the choices in your post to help spur discussion or show your level of interest. It makes for a more interesting thread.
  • If any new games get announced between now and the end of the voting, you can edit your picks as much as you like. You can add pictures, quote each other and discuss potential games or ask questions! I hope this can be a thread with substance.
  • Feel free to comment on other people's votes, but keep it civil please.

4k6xiuz.png

• Demos
  • Expansions
  • Games that do not have a confirmed 2017 or 'TBD' 2017 (estimated window) release date. Kingdom Hearts III, WiLD, God of War, Spider-Man, Cyberpunk 2077, Detroit: Become Human, etc
  • Games that are not officially announced yet. New Mario Switch game, etc

X5XXybT.png

1. Game X : Insert info here
2. Game Y: Insert info here
3. Game Z: Insert info here

dbJjRmh.png

snNE6ez.png

1. Game A : 4 points
2. Game B : 3 points
3. Game C : 3 points
4. Game D : 2 points
5. Game E : 2 points
6. Game F : 2 points
7. Game G : 1 point
8. Game H : 1 point
9. Game I : 1 point
10. Game J : 1 point

**************VOTING WILL END ON JANUARY 1ST AT 11:59 PM EST/ 8:59 PM PST****************

t1483333200z1.png

*Big thanks to Doffen for helping with the header visuals*

LordKano

Here we go :

1. The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild
1481575366-sans-titre-1.png

Well, it’s Zelda. It is my most anticipated game since its announcement in 2014, and every time it get delayed the excitement just explodes a little more. The E3 2016’s blowout was incredible, and the two trailers we got so far are the cherry on top of the cake. Huge post-apocalyptic open-world, filled with secrets about the background of the new Hyrule. How could I put anything else in first place instead ?

2. Dragon Quest XI : In Search of Departed Time
1481576739-1.png

Dragon Quest is without any doubt my favorite JRPG serie. I played through all of them, from the very first one on Famicom/NES, through the remakes that recently released on 3DS. Now, this new anniversary episode will release in two forms, retro-style on 3DS and modern-style on Switch/PS4. I plan to buy one of each, obviously, and I really can’t wait to play a new masterpiece in the legendary serie that Dragon Quest is.

3. Danganronpa V3 : Killing Harmony
1481576927-2.png

It was announced to release in the west a few days ago, during the PSX ! As the trailer said, third time’s the charm. Danganronpa has an awesome universe, with its two mainline game, the BTA spin-off, and the nice anime serie. Now, the chapter of Hope’s Peak Academy has ended with the anime, and a new timeline is supposed to begin with Danganronpa V3. So far, the characters looks all great and the few new mechanics they added seems to spice even more the trials. Once again, I can’t damn wait.

4. Persona 5
1481577078-4.png

This one was supposed to release on fall 2014. Can you even believe that, more than two years later, it’s still hasn’t released ? I’ve been really bitter when they announced that even the localization had to be pushed back to April, but what can you do, Atlus might be one of the worst companies when it comes to localization, they still make some of the most awesome games. I didn’t like Persona 4 that much, but the third one was a blast and is still one of my favourite JRPGs. Everything I saw or read so far about Persona 5 makes me crazy. The art direction and the Arsène Lupin’s references are awesome, the game’s full of style and looks like a visual fest. I just hope it won’t be delayed for the sixth time.

5. Sonic Mania
1481577468-5.png

What a nice day was the Sonic 25th Anniversary event, with a nice buzzing sound through the entire night, the absolutely-not-out-of-place Totinos products placements and bad memes about the Sonic fanbase. Still, in the middle of that mess, there was one announcement that made me forgive everything that happened these last 22 years (since Sonic 3 & Knuckles) : Sonic Mania. The true Sonic 4 we’re all waiting since so long. It looks wonderful, it plays wonderfully, the music is awesome, it’s made by talented people (aka : not the Sonic Team), everything about it looks so perfect. It has the potential to be the best Sonic game since the Megadrive era.

1. Persona 5
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. God Of War
5. Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy
6. Yooka-Laylee
7. Nier: Automata
8. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
9. Sea of Thieves
10. Prey

(should have waited to the Switch Event, huh)

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. NieR: Automata
4. Prey
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. NiOh
7. Resident Evil 7
8. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Yakuza 0

Edit: Zelda will win, easily.

Pachimari

1. Persona 5: We have been waiting for a while, this is the year.
2. Tekken 7: Already played it in the Arcade, and loved it.
3. Crash Bandicoot: N-sane Trilogy
4. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: I'm in a huge FF mood after XV and I've never completed XII.
5. Gran Turismo Sport
6. Resident Evil 7: Everything about this looks good, I love that it's in first person.
7. Red Dead Redemption 2
8. FIFA 18
9. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
10. Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Honourable mentions
x. Wipeout Omega Collection

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Persona 5
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. 3D Mario
6. Yooka Laylee

I had it reversed last year, but now that we actually know stuff about Zelda, it takes the cake.

Jamix012

1. Persona 5 : It's finally going to be here. Coming winter 2014, I'm ready for pure RPG goodness.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : 3 points
3. Yooka-Laylee
4. Gravity Rush 2
5. Nier Automata
6. DanganRonpa V3
7. Scalebound
8. The Nonary Games
9. Danganronpa 1+2 Reload; I'll get it to support the series and eventually play through but I'm not holding my breath TOO hard on a re-release of these games.
10. Project Sonic 2017

Eylos

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Trails of cold steel 3
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Red Dead 2
5. Ffxii remaster
6. Zelda
7. Crash

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Are you sure you don't want to do this in six month chunks? That would most likely avoid a lot of the game delays, and allow for games for the Fall to actually be announced.

Cincaid

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 : The first game was truly amazing, if not the best of its generation. I have high hopes of this sequel and R* usually make stuff I love.
  2. Persona 5 : Ever since I watched the Giant Bomb endurance run in 2009 I've been waiting for this!
  3. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : Never played the first game (due to not having a PS3), but this is looking great!
  4. Mass Effect: Andromeda : The gameplay videos have really looked great. I loved ME2 but never played ME3. Still, this is looking great.
  5. Divinity: Original Sin 2 : They did everything right with the first game, hopefully they can repeat that (and more) with the sequel.
  6. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard : The demo was really fun, even if they're moving quite far from RE4 and RE5 (which I consider really good games).
  7. Prey : Looks like Bioshock in space, count me in!
  8. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age : A remaster of a really good FF game is A-OK in my book.
  9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : Again, the first game was really fun and I hope they can repeat that in the sequel.

giphy.gif

TIME TO TAKE THE CROWN THIS YEAR, PERSONA 5!

1. Persona 5
  2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  5. Red Dead Redemption 2
  6. Horizon Zero Dawn
  7. Yakuza 0
  8. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  9. Yakuza Kiwami
  10. Gravity Rush 2

Phazon

2. Gravity Rush 2
3. Nier Automata
4. Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. Final Fantasy XII Remaster
9. Divinity: Original Sin 2
10. Persona 5

1. Scalebound
2. Ni No Kuni 2
3. Persona 5
4. Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
6. Nier Automata
7. Red Dead Redemption 2
8. Horizon Zero Dawn
9. Yakuza Kiwami
10. NiOh

Mr. Tibbs

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. State of Decay 2
4. Nier Automata
5. Persona 5
6. No Truce With The Furies
7. Torment: Tides of Numenera
8. Resident Evil VII
9. Nioh

Hard to say when we don't know the Switch's lineup. I'll try anyway though.

1: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2: Nier: Automata
3: Sonic Mania
4: Gravity Rush 2
5: Tekken 7

chadskin

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
3. Gran Turismo Sport
4. Little Nightmares
5. Tacoma
6. Yooka-Laylee
7. What Remains of Edith Finch
8. Hot Shots Golf

So many games not yet dated for 2017 though, especially the ones mentioned in the OP (Detroit, Spider-Man etc.).

1. Mass Effect Andromeda: I've been waiting almost 5 years for this title to come out. Expecting great character moments, beautiful landscapes, dozens-if-not hundreds of hours of exploration, and lots of crazy third-person gameplay thanks to BioWares approach to making combat feel fun like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. No other game has my attention next year.
2. South Park the Fractured but Whole: The first game was great, lots of classic callbacks and southpark humour. Previews look promising but I'm a little worried by the fact that this isn't being made by Obsidian like the first game.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2: The first game was pretty spectacular if not a little buggy. I'm hoping they don't drag GTA V's online antics over into this title but regardless I'm still excited.

Lunar15

1. Persona 5
2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Nier Automata

Fucking lol at Persona 5. This is what, the fourth Most Anticipated i've listed it as number 1?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
1: Persona 5: Played 3 and 4 last year and loved them to death! Assuming the story will be as good as those, I know I'll be in for a good time.
2: Ace Combat 7: It's the first main series game in the franchise in 10 years. In addition, it's got tons of references to Ace Combat 4 and 5, and it even has all of the main people behind those games back on board
3: Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I mean come on, it's Zelda. For the first time in the series, the world is entirely seamless, enabling you to explore all (or none) of it at your leisure.
4: Resident Evil 7: Well, they weren't kidding when they said that this game was going back to the series' survival horror roots (even though this manifested in a way that many were not expecting). From what we've seen so far, this mainly seems like a spiritual successor to PT, and you know, I'm okay with that (I still hope we get to see some series staples like Chris, Jill, and Barry).
5: Sonic Mania: Nobody thought it would happen, but Sega is finally letting hardcore Sonic fans design a legitimate 2D entry in the series, and it seems to be taking all the things that made those games great (physics included) and putting a new spin on them, making the game seem familiar yet fresh.

jmizzal

1. Zelda BotW : Ready to play it on the Switch
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Ghost Recon Wildlands
4. State of Decay 2
5. Shenmue 3
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Prey
8. Vampyr

Still a work in progress trying to think whats coming lol

I'll have to do some research to see what is coming out in 2017, but I feel pretty good about a year that will include Zelda, Divinity: Original Sin 2 (in early access now, so I assume the final release will be 2017), and Torment: Tides of Numenera.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I feel like ya'll need to ask again in mid-January because I guarantee you the majority of my list will be Switch software.

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Really excited to play this. Looks beautiful.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda: was blown away by the demo at the VGAs.

3. Star Wars Battlefront 2: loved the first game. I think this will be even better with the addition of a single player campaign.

4. Prey: I'm a big fan of Arkane Studios. I loved Dishonored (Haven't played Dishonored 2 yet).

5. Resident Evil 7: Game looks super creepy. I think Capcom is going in the right direction with this one

6. Nioh: Like the style of this game. I really like the Soulsborne series and am a fan of Ninja Garden 1 and 2. Looks like a perfect mashup.

7. Ghost Recon: Wildlands: looks really fun. I really enjoyed GRAW 1 and 2

8. Sniper Elite 4: Really enjoyed Sniper Elite 3. Looking forward to this sequel.

9. Nier Automata: never played Nier, but I like Platinum games. Looking forward to the demo that will release later this month.

10. Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar Games. 'Nuff said.

benzopil

1. Night in the Woods
2. Danganronpa V3
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Persona 5
5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
6. Little Nightmares
7. NieR Automata
8. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
9. Vane
10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

should have waited to the Switch Event, huh
That was contemplated but Resident Evil 7 posed a problem. If we waited until January 12th, there wouldn't be enough time for voting and tallying up votes and it would miss the list and there'd definitely be a ton of complaints around it.

Dalibor68

Banned
1. Prey : while I'm not feeling the black goo enemies it still looks like a immersion sim / system shock-esque game to me, which I love

2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : if I wasn't currently playing UC4 and thus saturated a bit this would probably be on #1. also really like Chloe

3. Vampyr : didn't like the combat from what I've seen so far but the setting and non-combat gameplay systems sound really interesting

4. Horizon Zero Dawn : still not convinced on the Forests but overall the game looks great, hope it won't be superficial like Shadow of Mordor

5. Outlast 2 : loved the first one and love how they're expanding the setting to rural US

6. Resident Evil 7 : kinda same as Outlast 2, but I hope they won't be too similar; also hope the game won't do a 180° later in and go all over the top with RE6 style monsters again, but doesnt seem likely at all

7. Red Dead Redemption 2 : wasn't as wowed by Redemption 1 as everyone else was but still really liked it so looking forward to the sequel

8. Mass Effect Andromeda : Loved Mass Effect 1 and 2 but all the BioWare games since have been disappointing to me, so I'm very careful

9. Divinity Original Sin 2 : loved the first Original Sin, hope this time they improve the story and add enough content for all areas

10. Ghost Recon Wildlands : basically just adding this to have a full list, not very optimistic about this game, but then again R6S turned out awesome as well so we'll see, I guess we'll get a beta soon

tbh this is really difficult as of now because there's not too much announced yet really

1. Persona 5
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
4. Scalebound
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. Digimon World: Next Order
9. Outlast 2
10. For Honor

CrisKre

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. New Super Mario for Switch
3. Persona 5
4. Yooka-Laylee
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn

1. persona 5
2. Ace Combat 7
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. South Park the Fractured But Whole
5. Horizon zero dawn
6. zelda breath of the wild
7. Nier automata

1. The Legend of Zelda- BoTW : It's the Zelda game I've been waiting for my entire life, without knowing that I wanted it. An open world with seemingly endless possibilities!

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : An open world with robot wildlife. That's about all I needed to know.

That's... honestly it for me as far as "confirmed" games go. I'm sure I'll buy and play a ton of stuff next year, but those are the only two I have any level of measurable hype for.

FenDozer

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
3. Crackdown 3
4. Star Wars Battlefront 2
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Scalebound
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
8. Yooka-Laylee
9. Mass Effect: Andromeda
10. Cuphead

Zukkoyaki

1. Persona 5
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
5. Yooka-Laylee
6. Mass Effect: Andromeda
7. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
8. Tekken 7
9. Torment: Tides of Numenera
10. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Tevren

1. Persona 5
2. Ni-Oh
3. Nier: Automata
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Danganronpa V3
6. Ni No Kuni II
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Mass Effect Andromeda
9. Resident Evil VII
10. Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

BigEmil

1. Nioh
2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix Collection
3. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
4. Zelda Breath The Wild
5. Digimon World Next Order
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. Detroit Become Human
8. Dragon Quest Viii 3ds
9. Yakuza 0
10. Sonic Mania

Neiteio

If anything is tallied from my list, just go with the eligible entries.

2. Resident Evil VII
3. Super Mario Switch
4. Nier Automata
5. Yooka-Laylee
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. God of War
8. Detroit: Become Human
9. Nioh
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Also looking forward to the Switch versions of Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles that appear to be coming out next year, too.

Also FFXV DLC episodes for Gladio, Ignis and Prompto, and the first installment of FFVII-R, if that comes out. RE2 Remake, too.

Luke_Wal

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Persona 5
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Top Bottom