• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most played Xbox One games (Week 51, 2016) for US and UK

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, Obliterator once pointed out these charts to me in the PAL chart thread, and now that those don't have numbers anymore, I thought it might be fun to have these threads again.

Apparently they update every Monday, and presumably cover the previous week. There's not much of an explanation of them though.

There also seems to be a worldwide one at a second location, so I'll put that one at the end.

It goes up to 49 (and much further on the maybe worldwide one), but I'll just put in the Top 30 for now.

US: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Microsoft said:
  1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. NBA 2K17
  3. Battlefield 1
  4. Minecraft
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  6. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  7. Madden 17
  8. Overwatch
  9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  10. Destiny
  11. Roblox
  12. Rainbow Six: Siege
  13. Rocket League
  14. FIFA 17
  15. Star Wars: Battlefront
  16. Skyrim: Special Edition
  17. Gears of War 4
  18. Forza Horizon 3
  19. NBA 2K16
  20. Fallout 4
  21. Halo 5
  22. Madden 16
  23. Titanfall 2
  24. Trove
  25. Smite
  26. The Division
  27. Final Fantasy XV
  28. Watch Dogs 2
  29. Battlefield 4
  30. Mortal Kombat X

UK: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/most-played/games/xbox

Microsoft said:
  1. FIFA 17
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Minecraft
  4. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  5. Rocket League
  6. Battlefield 1
  7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  8. Roblox
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  10. Forza Horizon 3
  11. Overwatch
  12. Star Wars: Battlefront
  13. Rainbow Six: Siege
  14. FIFA 16
  15. Watch Dogs 2
  16. Destiny
  17. Skyrim: Special Edition
  18. Trove
  19. Gears of War 4
  20. UFC 2
  21. WWE 2K17
  22. Fallout 4
  23. Titanfall 2
  24. NBA 2K17
  25. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (This is free with Gold this month)
  26. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  27. Skate 3 (Backwards Compat)
  28. Dead Rising 4
  29. The Division
  30. Halo 5

Worldwide? It's unclear, but this list is for "Most Popular", and basically lines up with combining US and UK and assuming some other regions: https://store.xbox.com/en-us/Xbox-One?SortBy=MostPopular

Microsoft said:
  1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. FIFA 17
  3. Minecraft
  4. NBA 2K17
  5. Battlefield 1
  6. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  7. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  8. Rainbow Six: Siege
  9. Overwatch
  10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  11. Roblox
  12. Madden 17
  13. Destiny
  14. Rocket League
  15. Star Wars: Battlefront
  16. Forza Horizon 3
  17. ARK: Survival Evolved
  18. Gears of War 4
  19. Halo 5
  20. Skyrim: Special Edition
  21. FIFA 16
  22. Trove
  23. Fallout 4
  24. NBA 2K16
  25. Madden 16
  26. The Division
  27. Smite
  28. Outlast
  29. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
  30. Titanfall 2

ViciousDS

Banned
FFXV ranked so low in us and not even at all in U.K. Is depressing for future final fantasy games on the system.

I hope they support the scropio

Yeah, taking the fact that it's the best selling game so far this generation, along with Infinite Warfare's decline, I don't really see that changing anytime soon either.

I was always in the camp that it was maybe the best CoD since Blops 2. But i had no idea it was the best selling game this gen. Impressive how much pull the "Black Ops" brand has.

Interesting to see Star Wars Battlefront so high. I'll be honest, the game didn't really click all that well with me, but it seems it still has a large and active fanbase. Can't wait to see what they do with the sequel, as I think with some more depth to the experience it could be really great.

Detective

I was gonna make a thread like that because of low community on Halo and not able to find matches.

Thanks for making it Mod.

Interesting to see Star Wars Battlefront so high. I'll be honest, the game didn't really click all that well with me, but it seems it still has a large and active fanbase. Can't wait to see what they do with the sequel, as I think with some more depth to the experience it could be really great.

Helps that Rogue One just came out, the Rogue One DLC came out this month and that Battlefront became "free" on EA Access.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The population is actually up quite a bit right now between Rogue One and the new DLC, and I imagine it's sustaining better due to all the updates over time.

That said, I'm also very interested to see the sequel, since they have the potential to really knock it out of the park and get a gigantic hit on their hands.

Rainbow Six is way too low.

Rainbow Six is maybe the most impressive part of this list. Im surprised by how high it is one year later. They were really rolling the dice with that game, and it had a strong chance to just die months after release. But its one of the most played games on Xbox, and im assuming PC/PS4.

blakep267

It was $10 during Black Friday and this past Christmas week. That's a guarantee for an insurgence of players. USUALLy it doesn't last though

The lowest halo 5 has gone is $20. If they did a $10 sale it'd be a resurgence

Surprised Dead Rising 4 didn't chart in the US, and FFXV didn't in the UK, while both sold so poorly worldwide that neither made it onto the combined rankings.

Also those Titanfall 2 rankings are hugely depressing. Best FPS of the year, and it's practically dead even on the console whose audience are disproportionately into shooters (and sports). Damned tragic, especially as it's because of such obviously stupid decisions by EA.

oti

Banned
I agree

The series clearly failed to at all attract Xbox players.

It has a history with Playstation but I mean still shockingly poor performance

Interestingly enough every ad I saw (also here on GAF) was for FF XV on Xbox One. Not a single PS4 ad. One does not need to be an analyst to know on which platform it sold more copies here in Germany though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Surprised Dead Rising 4 didn't chart in the US, and FFXV didn't in the UK, while both sold so poorly worldwide that neither made it onto the combined rankings.

Also those Titanfall 2 rankings are hugely depressing. Best FPS of the year, and it's practically dead even on the console whose audience are disproportionately into shooters (and sports). Damned tragic, especially as it's because of such obviously stupid decisions by EA.

The actual sales volume in the US seems quite high (it's #4 if we combine Pokemon in November's NPD report, which is by revenue, suggesting even higher unit sales because of the steep price cuts), so it would seem that a lot of people just decided to stop playing it.

Vestal

Gold Member

Its part of EA Access now thus I am sure it saw a HUGE surge of new users in the past few weeks.

Varg

Banned
FFXV ranked so low in us and not even at all in U.K. Is depressing for future final fantasy games on the system.

If the next final fantasy is anything like 15, they can keep it honestly . Bought it for the pro and was very disappointed .

Kill3r7

Free with EA Access.

The actual sales volume in the US seems quite high (it's #4 if we combine Pokemon in November's NPD report, which is by revenue, suggesting even higher unit sales because of the steep price cuts), so it would seem that a lot of people just decided to stop playing it.

True, hopefully actual sales aren't too bad and it's just people enjoying the singleplayer but not sticking around for the multiplayer.

Which would still kind of suck, especially given the whaling opportunities only multiplayer offers publishers that might effect a sequel, but would be better than it simply bombing

Chris1

I think there's too many variables to take into consideration with this to say "people stopped playing it". This is just simply time played in the last week and we know the playerbase received a huge boost from Christmas which could be where those sales are. With Xmas falling on a Sunday, that only really gives it Sunday + Early Monday. Also Sunday was Christmas, I can't imagine many people putting tonnes of hours into it then.

The God

Rainbow Six is maybe the most impressive part of this list. Im surprised by how high it is one year later. They were really rolling the dice with that game, and it had a strong chance to just die months after release. But its one of the most played games on Xbox, and im assuming PC/PS4.

Game is fantastic. Should be higher.

oti

Banned
Lmao, UK don't fuck with American Football at all.
Nobody but the US cares about American Football. (Where's my tennis game. 😩)

Halo 5 is beating Titanfall 2 after over 1 year on the market.
Oh yes, what a great comparison. I'm sure Microsoft's biggest brand is thrilled about beating the shooter with the worst launch date imaginable. What an achievement.

There is no hope.

What's wrong with them ? You guys act like if the game isn't in the top five there's ten people playing them . Each of those games on that list have thousands of people in matchmaking .
I can't imagine MS being happy with those numbers. All the work they put into making Halo eSports-friendly (as misguided as some think that was), what do they have to show for it? And Gears, a platform-defining franchise for the 360, getting beaten by all those other games is not a good look.

Top Bottom