• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Vega Features Leaked

Zedox

Sauce

AMD-Vega-Architecture-Features.jpg

Vega Architecture
– 4x Power Efficiency
– 2x Peak Throughput/Performance Per Clock
– High Bandwidth Cache
– 2x Bandwidth per pin
– 8x Capacity Per stack ( 2nd Generation High Bandwidth Memory )
– 512TB Virtual Address Space
– Next Generation Compute Engine
– Next Generation Pixel Engine
– Next Compute Unit Architecture
– Rapid Packed Math
– Draw Stream Binning Rasterizer
– Primitive Shaders

Vega 10
Process Node: 14nm
Performance: 12.5 TFLOLPS, 25 (FP16) TFLOPS
Memory: 16GB/8GB HBM2
Memory Bus: 2048-bit
Bandwidth: 512 GB/s
TDP <300W

Kayhan

Vega Architecture

&#8211; 4x Power Efficiency
&#8211; 2x Peak Throughput/Performance Per Clock
&#8211; High Bandwidth Cache
&#8211; 2x Bandwidth per pin
&#8211; 8x Capacity Per stack ( 2nd Generation High Bandwidth Memory )
&#8211; 512TB Virtual Address Space
&#8211; Next Generation Compute Engine
&#8211; Next Generation Pixel Engine
&#8211; Next Compute Unit Architecture
&#8211; Rapid Packed Math
&#8211; Draw Stream Binning Rasterizer
&#8211; Primitive Shaders

AMD-Radeon-Instinct_Final-for-Distribution-page-017.jpg

Kayhan

Vega 10
Process Node: 14nm
Performance: 12.5 TFLOLPS, 25 (FP16) TFLOPS
Memory: 16GB/8GB HBM2
Memory Bus: 2048-bit
Bandwidth: 512 GB/s
TDP <300W

AmyS

Vega sounds awesome.

Isn't it expected that Project Scorpio will use a Vega GPU of some sort, and if it does, it would have these new features (except for HBM2) like the new pixel engine, etc.

Obviously if Scorpio has a Vega GPU, it would have quite a few CUs disabled and clocked pretty low, given that it only gets 6 TFlops FP32 / single precision and not 12+ TF like the higher end PC cards.

I have a GSync monitor so I'm team Green for the time being but I would loooooove for AMD to start competing with Nvidia at the high end again, and then when it comes time for a new monitor I can maybe get one of the higher end FreeSync offerings and avoid that GSync tax

Passively cooled 300 watt card has my curiosity for sure.

Does that image belong on /r/crappydesign? It's readable, but pretty messy.

I have a GSync monitor so I'm team Green for the time being but I would loooooove for AMD to start competing with Nvidia at the high end again, and then when it comes time for a new monitor I can maybe get one of the higher end FreeSync offerings and avoid that GSync tax

Yeah, I'd love more high-end competition just to keep the 1080 and 1080ti down in price.

Kirtaner

Neo Member

These cards don't have display out. They're purely for OpenCL deep-learning and AI applications.

Caayn

How can you cool something that devours 300w passively?
The image posted by Kayhan is from AMD's professional line of GPUs meant to be used in server racks. Here airflow and cooling is controlled by the case, with a windtunnel design mostly and high-power fans at the front, and not the internal components. CPUs in servers are commonly passively cooled as well.

Kirtaner

Neo Member
What's the MI6 equivalent to in current GPUs?

MI8 is equivalent to a GTX 1080 in TFLOPs, MI6 is between a 1060 and a 1070.

Keep in mind these are special purpose cards and are meant to be deployed with several in a rackmounted chassis doing shit like learning what dog butts look like.

Did you read? I presume no. They got it from someone on a forum who found this info from AMD's site, Ve.ga

Yea I saw the slides. Should have be little more clear. How many times AMD hyped out something that turns out to be whole not of nothing. Just wait for official release and benches before getting hyped up.

Vega Architecture

– 4x Power Efficiency
– 2x Peak Throughput/Performance Per Clock
– High Bandwidth Cache
– 2x Bandwidth per pin
– 8x Capacity Per stack ( 2nd Generation High Bandwidth Memory )
– 512TB Virtual Address Space
– Next Generation Compute Engine
– Next Generation Pixel Engine
– Next Compute Unit Architecture
– Rapid Packed Math
– Draw Stream Binning Rasterizer
– Primitive Shaders

AMD-Radeon-Instinct_Final-for-Distribution-page-017.jpg

I'm interested in the MI8.

tuxfool

Banned
M16 seems like a card for Scorpio? Low powr usage and 5.7 TeraFlops.

I'm interested in the MI8.

MI8 is equivalent to a GTX 1080 in TFLOPs, MI6 is between a 1060 and a 1070.

Keep in mind these are special purpose cards and are meant to be deployed with several in a rackmounted chassis doing shit like learning what dog butts look like.

MI8 is actually a Fiji in the Nano bin and the MI6 is Polaris. Only the MI25 is Vega. Also the MI8 GPU is absolutely not equivalent to the 1080.

Also none of these are Graphics cards, they're pure Compute cards. Kayhan has made a huge mess in posting that picture with no context.

Sinistral

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
2017, where AMD may become competitive on the high end, with GPUs and CPUs.

What a year this may be.

We all benefit, if AMD can put some fire under Intel and Nvidia's butts again.

Will it be called AMD Balrog in Japan?

This is a quality post.

All I can see are numbers that are not really explicit to what they can do for gaming. I am expecting good performance, but I am not expecting them to beat team green.

Adam M

Too late man, people have quoted you. Game Over.
Yeah, I thought that I was fast enough :) He killed me with his fast screenshot skill :D

I just wanted to calm people down because january 5th is not that far and hopefully we will know everything, now with prices because they can show us the tflops and other stuff without price it's nothing..

My dream is GTX 1080 performance for GTX 1070 price which is not gonna happen I guess

SURGEdude

All I can see are numbers that are not really explicit to what they can do for gaming. I am expecting good performance, but I am not expecting them to beat team green.

Considering they won't have a video-out and aren't made for gaming I'm gonna assume you might be right.

Top Bottom