• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: BG&E2: Odyssey is a Switch timed exclusive (12 months, then PS4/XB1/PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

The mods are cracking down on threads based on tweets.

That said, this is an interesting turn of events. Though it's interesting that the PS4 & XB1 won't get retail versions of BGE2.

BY2K

Membero Americo
She updated the blog post with that info, so it should be fine for the thread to stay open.

RPGamer92

Banned
I'd rather Nintendo use their money on first party projects or at least help fund games that wouldn't exist otherwise e.g. Bayonetta 2 :/

pswii60

Timed would indicate that Nintendo isn't funding this after all (ie not another B2), although their marketing yen might help to offset the development costs.

Kouriozan

Funny they said they needed stronger console for exploring galaxies and the like, and bam one year timed exclusive on the weaker one.
Ah, maybe we can get a remaster/port of the first one.

Gusy

In before thread judgement day..

I loved BGE but why do this? Did the original sold well enough?

sense

Don't think this game is worthy of being moneyhatted. It is a niche title that will probably hurt the game more than it benefits Nintendo switch

harz-marz

Didn't the original sell poorly anyway? Even if this were to release on all formats at the same time, I can't see it being a huge seller IMO

Hoje0308

Banned
It's a good thing I quoted you instead of mentioning the mods or wether or not this thread should have been made at all then.

And my original post was made to express dismay at the fact that people keep creating threads that are almost certain to get locked. It's a good thing you were able to put that together.

Like with Tomb Raider people will just wait the year. A waste of money from Nintendo's perspective and damaging to their reputation to foster the anti-consumer practice of buying timed exclusives.

Palmer27

I always understood the game was shooting above current tech - interesting to see how this would work out for the switch

Cardon

Is it just me or is it odd that the PS4/X1 version will reportedly be digital only upon release? Like I get that digital sales are solid in most cases, but is this Ubi being open that this is a relatively niche sequel, that no doubt has a high budget, or does this perhaps have something to do with the Switch timed exclusive period? Just seems like a peculiar move all together in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom