• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperkin accessories for Switch (including USB Type-C charging cables)

owckwUs.jpg
BnK03V3.jpg

6SIFLbe.jpg
ztFKSKx.jpg

8BltPdI.jpg
MfgLGTI.jpg

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/01/05/6-nintendo-switch-accessories-announced-by-hyperkin
http://gonintendo.com/stories/271371-ign-hyperkin-reveals-6-switch-accessories-including-usb-c-char

Well if there needed to be any confirmation, there it is. :p

Reminds me of this:
EneKXr8.jpg

Seriously, though, I feel like I have to buy screen protectors, hard cases, and bags for the Switch if I ever expect to take it out of my house. And I guess I'll need an extra battery for when I'm running out of juice.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I wonder if any of that work work with my Macbook Pro...I wonder if my Macbook Pro charger would charge the switch.

zewone

Please use quick charging. Standard power cable is a huge plus. Switch sounds better and better each time.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Good thing Switch will be easy to manufacture carrying bags for. Wii U was a mess even for storage accessories. The bulky gamepad. The power bricks and adapters. Plus original wii accessories and controllers. Most bags for Wii and Wii U were pretty inadequate.

KHlover

Banned
Seriously, though, I feel like I have to buy screen protectors, hard cases, and bags for the Switch if I ever expect to take it out of my house. And I guess I'll need an extra battery for when I'm running out of juice.

I mean, those are literally the exact same products that are advertised to you for every handheld launch ever.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What the fuck. Nintendo just reminded me of the advancement of technology.

They have an in between last gen and current gen system that uses flippin microUSB to charge.

I kind of lost perspective because i still use my 360 S and it has that huge brick and thick ass power cable attached to it, but the Switch is going to be beyond that and its infinitely smaller

-MB-

wonder if switch will support the proper standards and allow fast charging?

That car lighter adapter desciption does state noirmal 2.1 fast charging, so I would assume it does then.

But is it me, or does the wall plug one say 4A? or is it 2.4A and the 2 just is too small to be readable.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What the fuck. Nintendo just reminded me of the advancement of technology.

They have an in between last gen and current gen system that uses flippin microUSB to charge.

I kind of lost perspective because i still use my 360 S and it has that huge brick and thick ass power cable attached to it, but the Switch is going to be beyond that and its infinitely smaller
What's an in between last gen and current gen system?

If your looking for USB C outside this Hyperkin one Belkin is a good brand. Bought a couple spares for my phone and they work like a charm.

bronk

Banned
I wouldn't buy anything from this company. The pure shit that was the retron 5. Their horrible customer service and ignoring people complaining about all the systems problems.

Thraktor

Yooo that's sick.

As I mentioned, it's powered over the USB-C connection, so even if it works with Switch (for which there's no guarantee), it would be pulling power from Switch's battery, draining it extremely quickly. There's no other power port on it, and likely no way to power Switch other than the USB-C port, so no way to get around the battery life issue.

If they released one with a built-in battery, though (and it actually worked with Switch), then it could be a handy travel accessory for the console.

see5harp

Why are so many people buying cables already? Are we assuming that Nintendo isn't going to provide something as vital as a charging cable again? I'm happy they adopted something standard but if this is their next console that's fucking filthy.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why are so many people buying cables already? Are we assuming that Nintendo isn't going to provide something as vital as a charging cable again? I'm happy they adopted something standard but if this is their next console that's fucking filthy.

My cable is likely built better and longer at 6ft.

yeah that would be shitty and anti consumer

I wouldn't buy anything from this company. The pure shit that was the retron 5. Their horrible customer service and ignoring people complaining about all the systems problems.

They also revived the Game Genie of all things for DS and PS3.

88Fjmx2.jpg

*This is actually the DS one, just 3DS-branded as it works on it of course via BC.

Top Bottom