• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Switch Games List

Scoops

Banned
Work in progress. Let me know what I'm missing.

Bold = only for Nintendo home consoles: if the game has not yet been announced for any other platform it is presumed to be exclusive

RPG:

Disgaea 5 Complete
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Fire Emblem Switch
GoNNER
I Am Setsuna
Moon Child
Octopath Traveler
Shin Megami Tensei Switch

Stardew Valley
Unknown Tales of... game
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Adventure:

The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth
Cave Story
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Lego City Undercover
Minecraft Story Mode
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Rime
Riverside
The Sacred Hero
Seasons of Heaven
Skylanders Imaginators
State of Mind
Syberia 3

Action:

Cube Life: Island Survival
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Graceful Explosion Machine
Has Been Heroes
Minecraft
No More Heroes 3
Super Bomberman R

Sports:

FIFA
NBA 2K18
Steep

Platformer:

Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania
Rayman Legends
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Super Mario Odyssey
Terraria
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Yooka-Laylee
1001 Spikes

Mini Game/Casual:

1, 2 Switch

Fighting:

Arms
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Unknown Blazblue game

Simulator:

Constructor HD
Farming Simulator
LEGO Worlds
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers

Racing:

Fast RMX
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Redout
Rise: Race the Future

Puzzle:

Human Resource Machine
Little Inferno
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Snipperclips
World of Goo

Shooter:

Splatoon 2

Rhythm:

Just Dance 2017
Unknown Taiko Drum Master game

Strategy:

Dungeon of Zaar
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

Arcade:

Arcade Archives

This is not a great list. I know they could be revealing more in the future, but not counting the amazing looking Mario and Zelda, there is nothing to get really excited about.

paulogy

If it's not too much of a bother, could you add in parentheses the other platforms these titles have (or will) appear on? It will probably help people making purchasing decisions see how many games are brand new on Switch, or on Switch + Wii U only, or are already available etc.

Some Nobody

Wowww.....this is like...upwards of 50 games, isn't it? Didn't Nintendo say they have "more than 80" in development?? And we already know WELL over half? That'd be great...if this list didn't blow chunks.

Only positive I can say is Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, and BOTW are sure to be major hits that move consoles...and there's plenty of RPGs for geeks like me. Hope the remaining 30 or so are mostly big titles.

Edit: 49. Close. Still, yikes. And before someone tries to tell me my "concern" is misplaced...bear in mind, until the Switch is a hit, additional support from third parties isn't promised at all.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
C2CXnwnXcAIEHwr.jpg:large

Some more indie games here

I find it so weird that Skyrim is being ported over. It's 5+ years old.

Is there no appetite for Fallout 4? (Or New Vegas, rather)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just wanna know if Octopath Traveler and SMT UE4 are exclusive generally.

I find it so weird that Skyrim is being ported over. It's 5+ years old.

Is there no appetite for Fallout 4? (Or New Vegas, rather)

FO4 is much more demanding hardware wise than even special edition skyrim

Work in progress. Let me know what I'm missing.

RPG:

Disgaea 5 Complete
I Am Setsuna
Octopath Traveler
Shin Megami Tensei Switch
Unknown Tales of... game
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Adventure:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Rime

Action:

Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Bomberman R

Puzzle:

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Shooter:

Splatoon 2

This is what I'm interested in. Bolded is what I'm dying for.

daxgame

This is not a great list. I know they could be revealing more in the future, but not counting the amazing looking Mario and Zelda, there is nothing to get really excited about.

lol I wish I could share this.
DQ XI is a lock and DQH very tempting (I had resisted buying them until now... ugh). Octopath Traveler and Xeno 2 are a lock too.
Stardew Valley is a forced double dip for the wife.

Zelda is another lock and so is the new Mario, Rime seems interesting, Fire Emblem Warriors is a lock, Steep is a lock, Yooka-Laylee is a lock.. urgh. Tales of game will be probably another buy....

Thankfully I'm not into Splatoon or Arms I guess

Good thing not all of this should get out in 2017 because I'm used to get <10 games per year and obviously more will be revealed. Adding some 3DS stuff like DQVIII and random Steam stuff, everything points to this being my most expensive gaming year ever. Yeuch.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I was sure Tekken 7 was going to be revealed last night. Huh.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Surprised at nothing hinted at for Monster Hunter. Even Nagoshi gets on stage to say hello and announces literally nothing, but Capcom was completely silent. Kind of deflated my personal interest to pre-order.

Some Nobody

Other consoles? Why would where Bravely Default went matter lol

Lol, sure.

I think the rumors said that the port was handled by Tantalus or someone else anyway.

Yeah the XCX port thing was never rumored to be developed by MonolithSoft. I think it's not real at this point tho? I feel like if it existed it would've been announced at the same time, right? Unless this really is just a clusterfuck of a presentation and Nintendo had no idea what to do with their time.

brinstar

There's already more than enough there for me, I just hope everything comes out in a timely manner.

...I'm gonna be waiting forever for Xenoblade 2 and SMT, aren't I?

Cherubae

Oh nice didn't know Stardew Valley was confirmed. That is a guaranteed buy if I get a Switch.

Bokujou Monogatari (Story of Seasons in English) is also confirmed for Japan but unknown for other regions. Its logo is listed on Nintendo JP's website. During last night's presentation the Farming Simulator series is also on-board, but I don't know if that's FS 17 (which is currently on XOne and Ps4) or the new FS 18 (slated for 3DS and Vita and announced today)

There's a lot of farming on the Switch.

spelen

a serious question for those who might know....when has any console launch (first 3-6 months) ever not sucked in terms of games?? personally I think this is a case of expectation and reality not matching up for many...

jmizzal

Keep in mind games that have not been shown that are likely coming
Pokemon
Monster Hunter
Retro Studios game
Mario Maker (maybe 2)
Metroid
Smash Bros
Beyond Good & Evil 2

Cranster

Banned
I'll have to pass on this. Skyrim is the only thing that would have been n my radar but I'll make due with the Special Edition that's already out.

Its been rumored by like 4 insiders, one of which got about everything right in the press confs.

So its def coming, said to be by a surprising dev, not Retro

Metroid is one of my favorite series, but I'm just not counting my chickens before they hatch. There were a lot of questions about insider info post conference as well. I'm just not certain that's a given.

Top Bottom