• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Wars Future Past Graces PS4 and PS Vita on March 28

Loudninja

Hi there, doods! This is Judith from NIS America, and I'm here to announce that strategy RPG God Wars Future Past will arrive in the West on March 28 for PS4 and PS Vita as a physical and digital release!

God Wars Future Past takes place in an ancient era of Japanese mythology shrouded in mystery. Boasting an impressive musical score, breathtaking story elements, and unforgettable character designs, God Wars is a tale that will resonate with all gamers who enjoy the thrill of a classic strategy RPG!

After 13 long years, Kaguya escapes her confinement with her childhood friend, Kintaro, and the two begin their journey to discover the reasons behind Tsukuyomi's decisions.

Boasting a traditional take on tactical RPG gameplay, God Wars features an intuitive turn-based battle system that allows players to consider all facets of strategy to outmaneuver and defeat the enemies. Each unit has a Unique Job, and in addition to that, a Main Job (which decides the weapons the unit can equip) and a Sub Job (which grants units additional skills). For instance, in the below screenshot, we see that Ookuninushi is not only a Samurai, but is also a Priest. In addition, his Unique Job is a War God, something that no other unit in the game shares with him!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/18/god-wars-future-past-graces-ps4-and-ps-vita-on-march-28/

March 31st for EU
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...on-31st-march/

RocknRola

I read God of War Past Graces Vita and PS4 and thought we were getting an anthology collection.

Yup, was getting all excited already and then I actually read the OP lol

Didn't even know of this game though. So...mission accomplished with this thread I guess? :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Am real curious to see how this title does in Japan. As still am on the fence about it. Even more with the blitz of releases we are getting in both the East and West this year...

Nice to see more SRPGs though since its a genre that has been kinda sparse lately compared to the past.

Trailer for localized ver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yn8NCoTdcY

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Strange that it's coming out here before Japan. They're getting it in April.

Yeah wonder wtf happened to the JP version. Unless they pushed it back due to whatever was releasing around the same time? Which I have no clue as not been paying attention to the release list for games atm...

For God's sake! How much money this people think we have?. Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7, For Honor, Yakuza, both Utawarerumono games, Nier, Nioh, and now this????

I'll end up eating just ramen like for 6 months.

Saphirax

Am real curious to see how this title does in Japan. As still am on the fence about it. Even more with the blitz of releases we are getting in both the East and West this year...

Nice to see more SRPGs though since its a genre that has been kinda sparse lately compared to the past.

Trailer for localized ver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yn8NCoTdcY

Yeah, I'm on the fence too. The demo wasn't that compelling, but they seemingly fixed some issues people had with the game so we'll see.

I guess we are going to have Cladun Returns and The Silver Case dates soon.

TSC is April 18/21.

chrono01

I normally buy my NISA releases day one...but this one will have to wait. If it looks good I'll pick it up later, but as previously-mentioned in this thread, it's releasing at a poor time with many other great titles. It's definitely over-crowded, and considering there's no way I'm passing on RE7, Nioh, Nier, Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest VIII, Gravity Rush II, Tales of Berseria, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 + 1.5 Remix, Yakuza 0, and probably a handful of other games I'm forgetting right now. I just have no more time (or funds) to buy anything more.

Loudninja

I normally buy my NISA releases day one...but this one will have to wait. If it looks good I'll pick it up later, but as previously-mentioned in this thread, it's releasing at a poor time with many other great titles. It's definitely over-crowded, and considering there's no way I'm passing on RE7, Nioh, Nier, Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest VIII, Gravity Rush II, Tales of Berseria, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 + 1.5 Remix, Yakuza 0, and probably a handful of other games I'm forgetting right now. I just have no more time (or funds) to buy anything more.
Yeah but I am happy to new rpgs getting announced for us this month.

So this game is coming out in a couple of days, and the PS4 version has dropped a staggering $20 on Amazon in case anyone is interested.

I've been watching some youtube videos of people who got it early, seems pretty interesting so far

JPS Kai

So this game is coming out in a couple of days, and the PS4 version has dropped a staggering $20 on Amazon in case anyone is interested.

I've been watching some youtube videos of people who got it early, seems pretty interesting so far

Yeah, I just received my copy while I was out at E3. Been looking for a basic RPG to unwind with after the hectic week, so this is coming out at a perfect time.

ike_

Arg, I'd totally bite at $20. I'm really in the mood for an SRPG. But Amazon is playing hardball at $31 for me. Must resist .. don't have time for more games.

Mercador

It seems a bit basic on the reviews I watched last night... 65CDN, too much for that, I'll wait for some more reviews.

Top Bottom