• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: Next Order PS4 New Information + Free Post-Launch DLC

Armageddemon

Armageddemon is a powerful Mega form Digimon that you will discover during a brand-new dungeon in the Dimensional District. Once you complete Story Mode, you will have to defeat him to save the Digital World.

Meicoomon and Maycrackmon

Meicoomon and Maycrackmon, both from Digimon Adventure Tri., are also joining the Digital World for new adventures.

Network Battles

Players can experience Network Battles thanks to the Dimensional Box at Jijimon’s house. Face other players in a retro atmosphere and gain points from your fights to unlock different kinds of rewards.

Free Post-Launch DLC

After the release of the game, players will be able to enjoy new content thanks to free downloadable content. Piedmon, Myotismon, and the fearful Boltboutamon are all joining during a new, mysterious event. Several other events, involving different Digimon such as Piedmon, Tukaimon, or Sorcermon, will also be available.

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/digimon-world-next-order-details-armageddemon-meicoomon-maycrackmon-network-battles-free-dlc

new screenshots in the gematsu link as well

Am I completely wrong but wasn't the reception for this game pretty lukewarm when JP version launched? I know it's supposed to be totally different than Cyber Sleuth and all.

RK128

I wonder if there will be corrected-corrections for the DLC plans......

Bad joke aside, glad it will get support post-launch. I hope people enjoy the game when it comes out :).

Am I completely wrong but wasn't the reception for this game pretty lukewarm when JP version launched? I know it's supposed to be totally different than Cyber Sleuth and all.

They are remaking the game basically on PS4; new areas, gameplay fixes, better visuals and more stable frame rate are just some of the things they stated are in store for the western release.

salromano

I wonder why they localized the name as Maycrackmon instead of Meicrackmon, which makes more sense given the rookie form's name, Meicoomon.

Sealtest

Perfect. And they finally said that the JP version and NA version don't share trophy lists so I can triple dip platinum!~

ReaperXL7

Is the GOAT in this?

latest

I enjoy living in worlds where Leomon doesn't have to die.

I'm really interested in this, I wanted to watch to dev walk through yesterday but I missed it. I know it's very different from Cyber Sleuth but some of the videos still look really interesting to me.

I wonder why they localized the name as Maycrackmon instead of Meicrackmon, which makes more sense given the rookie form's name, Meicoomon.

Meicoomon is referencing the Maine Coon cat, maybe "Maycrack" is supposed to sound similar but reference something else? (Or it's classic Digimon localization shenanigans.)

Kouriozan

Is the GOAT in this?

latest

I enjoy living in worlds where Leomon doesn't have to die.

I'm really interested in this, I wanted to watch to dev walk through yesterday but I missed it. I know it's very different from Cyber Sleuth but some of the videos still look really interesting to me.

Yes.

dhLlNme.jpg

Picture from the old Vita version.

Stuart444

Meicoomon is referencing the Maine Coon cat, maybe "Maycrack" is supposed to sound similar but reference something else? (Or it's classic Digimon localization shenanigans.)

Maybe it's because then you can say she "May crack" you... Or it's just classic localisation shenanigans

Has anyone claimed the OT yet? I'm too busy and we need some hype for this poor buried game.

Maybe it's because then you can say she "May crack" you... Or it's just classic localisation shenanigans

That makes the most sense to me, but these are the people that gave us Kerpymon, so I won't give too much credit. :p

sensui-tomo

Has anyone claimed the OT yet? I'm too busy and we need some hype for this poor buried game.

That makes the most sense to me, but these are the people that gave us Kerpymon, so I won't give too much credit. :p
I was wondering about the OT too, I've spent a long time waiting for this sequel ever since the disappointment of Digimon world 2. The Digimon name thing is odd for this game, considering they're fixing omnimon to omegamon but keeping the other names the same.

ReaperXL7

So how does digivolving work in this? I think I read that if your digimon lose or die they revert to previous stages? Does digivolving work similarly to Cyberslueth or is it more random?

I'm looking forward to this but I never played a world game before.

I was wondering about the OT too, I've spent a long time waiting for this sequel ever since the disappointment of Digimon world 2. The Digimon name thing is odd for this game, considering they're fixing omnimon to omegamon but keeping the other names the same.

I gave up on consistent naming a long time ago. Though Digimon like Omegamon are usually better about it because of their popularity.

So how does digivolving work in this? I think I read that if your digimon lose or die they revert to previous stages? Does digivolving work similarly to Cyberslueth or is it more random?

I'm looking forward to this but I never played a world game before.

Digimon never revert (unless you are talking about them becoming an egg again after they die), but they do die after a certain period of time. Lack of proper care will make their lives shorter.

Digivolving is based on several factors including things like stats and weight. For example (might not be a real example), Gabumon will evolve into Garurumon if it's speed is the highest stat, but will evolve into Garurumon(Black) if it's strength is the highest and it has a lack of discipline.

Edit: Should add: Digivolving will take place after a certain period of time. You will have no direct control over digivolution like in Cyber Sleuth.

Zubz

Banned
Maycrackmon is an... interesting name.

They mention a "retro atmosphere" for the multiplayer component. Does that mean we'll have digitized arenas straight from DW1? Because I'm a sucker for that kind of nostalgia.

Maycrackmon is an... interesting name.

They mention a "retro atmosphere" for the multiplayer component. Does that mean we'll have digitized arenas straight from DW1? Because I'm a sucker for that kind of nostalgia.

When they say retro, they mean the original v-pet. This is what it looks like.

It's a... bit lacking.

Persona7

Banned
I was looking up Cyber Sleuth and prices have been rising steadily. They were at $19.99 for a while and then went out of stock on amazon.

AlanOC91

Order should be dispatched from Amazon today so might receive it Monday... Half tempted to cancel my order and just go purchase it in store on Friday.. Decisions.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
still can't even buy it on the UK psn store. wtf! it's been up on the US store for a while now and the US doesn't even get it for another few days.

if it's not up by tomorrow then i'm just gonna pick it up while out shopping tomorrow.

AlanOC91

Cancelled my order on Amazon. Was "Preparing for Dispatch" for the last two days. Sucessfully cancelled now.

Just going to pop into Gamestop after work and pick it up since they have it in stock.

We getting an OT for this?

Top Bottom