• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House confirms Trump no longer plans to release Tax Returns after audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
The White House Now Says, Nope, You're Never Going To See Trump's Tax Returns - BuzzFeed News
https://apple.news/AhV-pwAgvSSyBORXN_At9eA
Senior advisor to president Kellyanne Conway said Sunday that Donald Trump will now not release his tax returns after the completion of an IRS audit despite his repeated pledges to do so.

“The White House response is that he’s not going to release his tax returns,” Conway said on ABC’s This Week to host George Stephanopoulos.

“We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care. They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: most Americans…are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like.”

Conway’s response came after Stephanopoulos cited a petition with over 200,000 signatures calling for the release of the president’s tax returns, which he declined to do during the election

Wikileaks not happy about it, too.

C2y1HhdW8AQO_11.jpg

UberTag

Fine by me. I'll just assume that he's guilty of egregious conflicts of interest and has something to hide.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hope somebody leaks it. I mean, didn't somebody from his campaign already say that releasing them would "raise more questions that it would answer?"

Lmao

Wiki leaks is turning on Trump?

These are the guys that people would reference when telling me why they voted for Trump

This is pure gold

Don't expect anyone else ever doing it again either. Elections will be complete shit shows from now on. We are living out a gameshow as politics dystopian future.

Eidan

When was he ever planning on releasing them?
The standard line was after the FBI's audit, which would be complete after the election. This was bullshit obviously, not just because of the convenient timeline, but because of Trump's complex finances, he is always effectively being audited. This is the administration finally dropping the bullshit. We're only seeing those tax returns if they somehow leak.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump fans are suckers. We will barely see any in this thread.

You got conned by the world's least sophisticated conman.

And this is the small stuff. Says more about you guys than him.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
But he said he would after the election.

Why would Honest Donald engage in...PREVARICATION? D:

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I really need to meet anyone that still supports this human garbage so I can interest them in a game of Three Card Monte.

Wiki Leaks

Fucking anarchists but I guess their breed of evil flows both ways

i dont trust that they would leak them at this point

SpaceWolf

Banned
The most darkly ironic thing about all this is if Obama had pulled a similar stunt, his detractors would used it as grounds for a civil war.

Putin initiating the next phase of his plan I see...

Yep. Putin does not want to be equals with the US and Trump believing it was as idiotic and dangerous as when Bush believed it. Put in is in it for himself and for Russia to be THE new world order and the west can eat itself.

RPGCrazied

Time for a leak? I don't know if I would have came out and say flat out we aren't releasing them anymore.

This is going to get people to seek them out by other means.

Of course he doesn't need to. It was all a classic move during the campaign to deflect from the issue, and it placated the idiots who easily shrugged and assumed the con-man would suddenly live up to the promise. And even if the political pressure somehow reaches the point where he has to, or if Wikileaks does it instead, it's all "alternative facts" anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom