• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV PS4 Preorder DLC now available for purchase -- $0.49 each

Glassboy

Cool that they eventually released it for everybody. I hate when it remains exclusive. Terrible practice to start with but whatever

23qwerty

lol, 99 cents each in Canada

kb6NSiv.png

Meowster

Much of the exclusive dlc was amazing but I might actually advise newcomers to avoid the angler set and travel pack. They really make the game easy and even a little bit broken. I kind of wish I didn't use them during my first playthrough. The travel pack especially with their incredible discounts at 10-30K hotels early game.

Vlaphor

I'm supposed to be getting that Cindymobile for free, but since I doubt that they'll ever actually send out the codes, I'll go ahead and spend that .49.

I wish that they were part of the season pass, or at least upgradable. I'd love to have the Blazefire Saber, but if it's anything like the Gae Bolg/Masamune it'll be overpowered at the very start of the game and useless within the space of a couple of hours. And if I started again I'd try NG+ in the hopes that they actually patch some difficulty into it.

Might consider getting the skins though. At least they're cheap.

Lum1n3s

Yo that's much cheaper than what I saw in the B/T/S thread where someone was selling that pre-order stuff for $20-30 lol.

Mediking

Much of the exclusive dlc was amazing but I might actually advise newcomers to avoid the angler set and travel pack. They really make the game easy and even a little bit broken. I kind of wish I didn't use them during my first playthrough. The travel pack especially with their incredible discounts at 10-30K hotels early game.

Disagreed. Those packs helped me manage Gil immensely. You need Gil for so much stuff and those packs helped save Gil.

What do the travel / angler / gourmet packs do exactly?
Travel pack reduces all Inn cost and fast travel location by half. It saves a ton at Galdin Quay, 10k cost down to 5k. Gourmet pack gives you the cheese pizza and maybe something else at unlimited uses. No idea on the Angler set.

Also using the Regalia skins won't work on the Regalia F.

Dear Every New Game,

Please offer tiny stuff like this for such shockingly reasonable prices, and pretty please eventually offer pre-order bonuses from other retailers/versions like this. I would never have paid $2-3 for that lovely suit for Noctis, but 50 cents? Hell yes! He needs a new outfit for a NG+. From the timing, this was 60 days exclusivity for everyone separately, I guess?

Travel pack reduces all Inn cost and fast travel location by half. It saves a ton at Galdin Quay, 10k cost down to 5k. Gourmet pack gives you the cheese pizza and maybe something else at unlimited uses. No idea on the Angler set.

Also using the Regalia skins won't work on the Regalia F.
The Regalia F is awful to control, so it's not all bad. Good thing you can get an infinite fuel upgrade from Totomonstro or whatever it's called.

Avallon

The Regalia F is awful to control, so it's not all bad. Good thing you can get an infinite fuel upgrade from Totomonstro or whatever it's called.

Holy shit... the only times I ever got a game over in Final Fantasy XV were once against the final boss and repeatedly against the ground.

I'll buy a costume and some fishing equipment for $.50 ea, sure.

I paid much more than that once, to get the Evil Dead pre-order costume for Lollipop Chainsaw off ebay.

Rootbeer

Banned
Can't seem to get a good answer on what the Angler set includes

I read it includes a lure that you can't lose if your line breaks. That would actually be really useful for grinding. is it true?

I mean for $0.49 yeah I'll buy that. Anyone know?

ViciousDS

Banned
when most companies charge $2 sometimes for a piece of pre-order armor.....this really is cheap compared to some other companies

Top Bottom