• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KH2.8 unlockable themes $$ in NA, free elsewhere [UP: Fixeed]

Ilvocare

Didn't see a thread here on it, searched "kingdom hearts" and didn't find anything, figured I should post.

Source: http://kh13.com/news/unlockable-the...final-chapter-prologue-come-at-a-price-on-psn

Once you complete each title in the collection (Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, & Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover) you will receive the option to obtain the theme for that individual title. However, they are currently priced at $2.99 when you select them to download. While it may seem like an error, seeing as they are free everywhere else, reddit user AsinineBinkie reports that they got a response from Square Enix support that read as follows:

Send me to the Realm of Darkness if old.

EDIT: Image of similar email received by SENA:

HSnJvxel.png

And also unofficial statement from SE during their 2.8 stream that says they are "looking into it": https://clips.twitch.tv/squareenix/ExcitedJackalHotPokket

EDIT 2: The themes costing money was apparently a mistake as suspected, and they are free as they should be once again! Although apparently there MIGHT be technical issues with them for some users. Reports are sporadic.

Source 2: http://www.khinsider.com/news/KINGD...ue-themes-appear-to-be-mistakenly-priced-8285

DKHF

Er... wtf SE NA.
Hmm but I wonder if maybe the email is fake and the same guy pasted what he wrote for the Reddit fake on GameFAQs, probably not though.

LAA

Uff that's sad.
I really liked how the PS KH games gave out KH themes, and wished more games did it.
The 0.2 theme at least Unlocks for free on the UK, version, not sure on the rest.

Alandrus

Banned
TIL on PS4 you have to pay for wallpapers.

That's kind of crazy. You guys already pay for online. Shouldn't themes be included for free? I mean, they're just a wallpaper and some icons. That's pretty fucked up to charge $3 for it when to unlock it you're already paying for and beating a $60 game

Tsunamo

I knew the US/Global Unchained team was bad and money greedy at times, but it looks like that's carried over to other parts of Square-Enix if this isn't a mistake.

I mean c'mon, the rest of the world gets them free. That's super sus that one region has to pay for in-game unlockable themes.
Just make an account in another region and get it free.
It has to be gotten on an account from the region the game is from unforunately, so it's unavoidable unless you import it.

Rellik

I recall modus having difficulty with free themes before. But I thought that was euro side.

He made them free on US PSN. They're not avaiable at all here in Europe because PS EU is so damn difficult to deal with. This sounds like SE making more bizarre decisions.

tdwig

Neo Member
That's bullshit. Microtransactions/IAP as unlockable rewards.

Fuck off with that.

Right? Unlockable microtransactions... like what?

I honestly hope this is a mistake, doesn't seem right NA would be the only ones that have to pay. Past games had free themes as well.

Wait you have to unlock them....and pay money for it?

Can you just make an account from a different country and download it that way?

I really hope they fix this up soon if that email is fake. I didn't pay 40 dollars so that I can unlock a theme that should be free but now is 3 dollars for me to fully use it.

Top Bottom