• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaton. Durante helped Xseed fix up the Little King's Story port

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If it's actually in tip-top shape now, I'll gladly buy it. Wanted to get the game, but held off due to the state of the port.

Man that's awesome of Ken Barry of XSEED to reach out to Durante to see if they can fix a port like Little King's Story to make it better.

More publishers should extend an olive branch to folks like Durante and other modders who only want what's best for games on the PC platform.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Cool stuff! Good on Durante, and good on XSEED for reaching out to the right guy.

KHlover

Banned
Has Durante ever thought about opening a studio like Bluepoint, Tantalus or Hexadrive? He obviously has the talent and the qualification for it.

Nzyme32

Fantastic. I decided not to buy the game specifically because of these issues. A sale earned. Cheers Durante.

morpix

That's a really great LinkedIn update for Durante. Hopefully more devs use him for fixing broken ports.

Stitch

Gold Member
Woah, I was going through my wishlist today and thought it was a shame how mediocre the port turned out and now Durante shows up and fixed the port.

That was a good read. Even if I didn't understand every word :p

Just finished reading it and while I don't understand much of what Durante explained I really appreciate what he's been doing fixing these games. Also it was nice of the XSEED reaching him to fix the port.

randomkid

the other bit of news the OP ought to mention from the link is the following:

"To celebrate this relaunch of Little King’s Story, we are running a week-long 40% off sale on Steam and The Humble Store starting right now. Though these enhancements only apply to the Steam build at the moment, we plan on applying them to our DRM-free and GOG Galaxy builds soon, so just hang tight for a little while longer and those builds will be updated too."

Nyoro SF

Definitely will pick this up very soon in the next few days. Thanks a bunch Durante!

Also the article on tumblr was a great read. Hopefully there wasn't too much spaghetti code.

Grief.exe

That's a really great LinkedIn update for Durante. Hopefully more devs use him for fixing broken ports.

Tecmo got in contact with him on Twitter, so we will see if they improve.

No.

Also, XSEED are pretty awesome.

And sadly, the game still isn't quite perfect at 60 Fps. Read the blog for details.

Functioning correctly for 98.3% of the time is pretty close.

the other bit of news the OP ought to mention from the link is the following:

"To celebrate this relaunch of Little King’s Story, we are running a week-long 40% off sale on Steam and The Humble Store starting right now. Though these enhancements only apply to the Steam build at the moment, we plan on applying them to our DRM-free and GOG Galaxy builds soon, so just hang tight for a little while longer and those builds will be updated too."

Excellent point!

I liked this game when I played it back on the Wii a lot and held back on buying the recent one because it was plagued with issues. This will get me to buy it.

$15 on Steam atm.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Good job, Durante! LKS is a true gem that needs to be played by more people.

Chesskid1

Banned
Dude doing that kind of work is a big time commitment and requires skilled work. How are you even wondering that he was paid or not lol?

helping implies (to me at least) it's something you do voluntarily so i was confused, they hired durante.

but yeah good on xseed for finding a way to fix this port!

eefara

What a cool little story. Good on XSeed for for doing whatever they needed to get the port up to standards.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering just the other day how this game turned out after the initial footage/screenshots were so unflattering. Is it now the definitive edition?

Also, nice work, Durante! I appreciate you helping to polish and preserve this wonderfully unique game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Durante doing the Lord(or insert other deity as appropriate)'s work as always.

Great work!

Durante

Good job, Durante! LKS is a true gem that needs to be played by more people.
It's also pretty amazing how they wrote a bespoke engine, memory manager, scripting system and VM for the original Wii game. Impressive on the one hand, infuriating on the other ;)
And all of it only commented in Japanese and compiling correctly in SHIFT-JIS of course!

Top Bottom