• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2, Star Fox Zero & Mario Kart 8 running at 60fps with Cemu's latest version

Does Bayo 2 still have the audio problems?

Edit : It seems it still does. But 60fps is great will play tonight when i get home.

Hagi

Fuck yes now I need to find a way to rip my copies of 1 and 2 without a Wii U if that's even possible.

OryoN

I wonder how long it'll be until the Switch is emulated.

Wii U's hardware was heavily customized, and with Switch's GPU architecture being so much closer to modern options, maybe it wouldn't take as long this time?
That's assuming Switch is only moderately customized, but who knows...

Where are the PS3 and 360 emulators?

PS3 is really odd, Cell is tough to emulate. There is an emulator out there though, its making progress.

Xbox 360, also supposedly kinda odd, I think there isn't a lot of fan interest either. No idea on that though.

The WiiU has a lot in common internally with the Wii, and the GameCube. That gives developers a great headstart, looking at Dolphin for an example of that.

cheez124

woah, awesome. can it run smash bros. well? and can you add visual improvements like anti aliasing and stuff? always wanted to take some nice smash/mario kart screenshots to use as wallpapers and stuff but the lack of anti aliasing on wii u games always made them look pretty ugly

NeoRaider

Can someone tell me about the SR to be able to run Bayonetta 2? I would really like to play it but there is no audio at all or??
Also how are you guys downloading these games?

Izuna

Banned
Whoa, Bayo on PC?

Seems like the lack of BC for switch is okay.

I missed the whole catalogue for Wii U so I'm happy to see this.

-shadow-

Bayonetta 2 is amazing. Can't wait to replay that some day at a solid frame rate. Really my only problem with the game is the inconsistent frame rate.

Also how are you guys downloading these games?

Ripping my own discs, just like you should?

Shitposting aside, that wasn't sarcasm! It's actually impressive.

Understandable. As someone who doesn't own a Wii U, If I had a PC that could run CEMU it would be a nice option anyway.
You need a Wii U to use CEMU with your dumped ROMs/ISOs.
Otherwise it's piracy.

Miker

Bayonetta 2 is amazing. Can't wait to replay that some day at a solid frame rate. Really my only problem with the game is the inconsistent frame rate.

I haven't tried it myself, but if the emulator is accurate, it'll run just as it did on the original console. Unless it's CPU bound, and Cemu offers a way to overclock the virtual Wii U processor, as Dolphin does for a few games

Whoa, Bayo on PC?

Seems like the lack of BC for switch is okay.

I missed the whole catalogue for Wii U so I'm happy to see this.

if they fix those crazy glitches maybe. That and the sound being wack from what ive seen, most of its not worth playing just yet.

KHlover

Banned
I haven't tried it myself, but if the emulator is accurate, it'll run just as it did on the original console. Unless it's CPU bound, and Cemu offers a way to overclock the virtual Wii U processor, as Dolphin does for a few games

It's not. Pretty much none of the modern emulators are that accurate. For legacy systems you have those options, but afaik all emulators of all 3D systems don't aim for that level of accuracy.

ghostjoke

Banned
Anyone know if this holds true for the port of the original Bayonetta? I've been wanting to play it properly but about 5 minutes into booting it up on PS3 and I remembered why I stopped the first time.

Top Bottom