• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege sees upto 50fps boost on PS4 Pro

Thanks to M.D

PS4 PRO BOOST MODE - RAINBOW SIX SIEGE - BOOSTING TO 110 FPS

(Not my footage)

I don't know much about the game but there's a tool in the bottom-left that tells you the FPS.

Not sure what the performance is like on PS4 Amateur (lol), but it seems to be pretty good in that footage, although he didn't do anything that could really impact performance

holy-sht.gif

Zasa

This might be the excuse I need to pick this up. Used to play R6:Vegas 1 & 2 religiously back in the day. Need to check this game out, hopefully it has hints of those games in this as the cover based shooting & tactical aspects of those were sublime.

Dabanton

Whats the actual effect on gameplay Vs other players?

EDIT: Lol at that video 20 secs of gameplay. the rest menus. Come on bro.

shanafan

Wouldn't there be screen tearing since the TV and the console can't match?

I wish the video showed some gameplay.

Why isn't this game vsync'd? Wtf?

This is terrorist hunt, which is the PVE mode that was initially locked to 30 FPS on consoles.

Ubisoft later patched in an option to disable v-sync which introduces tearing but allows the FPS to hover around 40-45 FPS on base PS4.

brian!

This might be the excuse I need to pick this up. Used to play R6:Vegas 1 & 2 religiously back in the day. Need to check this game out, hopefully it has hints of those games in this as the cover based shooting & tactical aspects of those were sublime.

it's free on steam this weekend, check it out it's really fun

nOoblet16

its pretty good for this game since the terrorist hunt co-op is 30fps on basic ps4
Well it's 30FPS on Pro too..If you lock the framerate but we are comparing unlocked mode here and even on base PS4 it goes over that and hits 60 at times (maybe even higher if you look at floor and use that as evidence like this video does) if you unlock it.

But if people are playing at 60fps and 30FPS that creates an unfair advantage for Pro users. They should lock the game to 30fps and the same resolution to avoid an uneven playing field. There's nothing more frustrating than knowing someone has a framerate advantage over me in a video game.

/s

Top Bottom