• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup 29 - Sold our clothes for a Switch. Your cheapest cider please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewed

sLuU2C6.png

When: Saturday, February 25th, 2017 @ 7PM
Where: Ajuker for that sweet, cheap KFC and soju

TTC Service Notice: Line 1: Downsview to St George closure on February 25 and 26

Pre-Meetup: Timmies Christie Station @ 6PM

Post-Meetup: Crafty Coyote but we're crashing the place

Post-Post-Meetup: Either karaoke, booze or both.

Welcome to February, the worst month for myself as my room gets cold and I have no heat. Let's try to beat the frostbite with a TO-GAF meetup! Since we had so much fun last month with a farewell to Victory Cafe (along with a sizeable bill of about $480), let's crash a new place. We've received suggestions such as Tilt and Crafty Coyote, but if you have someplace you'd like to suggest then feel free to chime in!

If you're new, we started holding monthly meetups for all of last year and now we get to do it again. Come by to chat about anything such as games and how they cost too much, the current problems plaguing our political front whether they are Canadian or foreign, the latest movies and how they don't give you enough leg room or whatever else!

TO-GAF Community!

If you wanna chat with fellow Toronto GAF members, visit our Toronto-Age community thread!

We've now got a Discord server where you can complain over voice chat! :D

Kuro's Meetup FAQ

But I'm shy and scared of meeting people I don't know
Best way to get over that? Go out and meet some people. Yes, we don't know you, and you don't know us. However, the people I've met have all been friendly and we haven't had disagreements in the past. What will you talk about? What do you want to talk about?

But it's too far and it's too cold / warm!
Yes...! Another convert of Team Warm! One of us was driving back from NEW YORK the night of the last meet up and STILL made it. Another came all the way from OTTAWA! The temperatures for the last meet up, I'm guessing, were colder than this coming meet up AND there was a power outage last time. Nothing...stops this train.
^ No fucking weather excuses. It's the Fall now and this is basically one of the small parts of the year where the weather should be agreeable to everyone. Come on, people.

But I don't drink alcohol and bar food is disgusting
Come chat and/or bring your portable game system and play a few rounds of that popular video game with us. You can always come just to say hello, see the carnage, and be witness to the shenanigans.

But I'm poor...! :(
If you can make it, people usually treat others to at least one round. Of course, we aren't going to do this if Rob Ford or something like 50 crazies show up, but anyone who comes for a drink always gets one. You can always join Kraftwerk for some Kraft Water.

I'm busy doing [insert activity here]
If you're busy at home watching tv/movies or playing video games, they aren't going anywhere, and you can play games with us and discuss tv/movies with us. If you're busy doing someone, well...you can finish and then come visit after a shower of course.

I'm tired
Nothing brings out the energy like discussion and body slams.

Why would I want to go meet a bunch of Internet gaming nerds?
lol says the person posting on an Internet gaming forum.

Going:
Renewed
dluu13
chaobreaker
krae_man
shadowkat
Junior Mint
StrangeRoboMemory
Deraldin
EvilMario
Sober
firehawk12
Mhee12Bee

Maybe:
Kraftwerk
BeforeU
CrazyShady
Azzanandra
Brinbe
Nerfgun
AlphaTwo00

Not Going:
gabbo
13randO

gabbo

Nope
edit: Just realized I'll be outta town for my brothers birthday, so won't be able to make it. So much for 12-12 in 2017

Hey all, first time I may be able to come to one of these since joining GAF. Don't usually post but I'm in the TO-Age thread here and there.

Kuro's FAQ killed me btw.

If Rob Ford shows up we'll be a little more concerned about that than if some will be able to get a drink or not.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all, first time I may be able to come to one of these since joining GAF. Don't usually post but I'm in the TO-Age thread here and there.

Kuro's FAQ killed me btw.

If Rob Ford shows up we'll be a little more concerned about that than if some will be able to get a drink or not.
He's never one to miss a party.

Too soon...? IDGAF!

Have you guys considered Fox n Fiddle at 27 Wellesley. They have a room upstairs you can book which also has a TV/projector. I'm uncertain about whether you can hook up anything to the projector but my friend has hooked up his N64 to the TV for his prior 2 birthdays.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys considered Fox n Fiddle at 27 Wellesley. They have a room upstairs you can book which also has a TV/projector. I'm uncertain about whether you can hook up anything to the projector but my friend has hooked up his N64 to the TV for his prior 2 birthdays.
Let's just say we've been to one of those before and I only just grew back the arm and leg it cost me that time 😭

dluu13

I...might...come. Kinda don't to because I feel like I'd be the youngest there, but put me down as a maybe :p

Renewed (OP) is the youngest of the regulars. I'm 25. We've had a few 19-year-olds before.
(You should come so we can replenish our numbers when our older members like Old Man Kuro inevitably die from old age)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh lol, people didn't order enough food or drinks I guess. Are you guys specifically looking for somewhere that allows games to be played on a TV?
Nah we don't always play games. We do always bitch about stuff though.
Firkin was just frikin expensive.
😭
I...might...come. Kinda don't to because I feel like I'd be the youngest there, but put me down as a maybe :p
Nah we've had young uns before. I don't think age is particularly an issue more of an issue of if you have stuff in common to talk about. We talk about Toronto and gaems of course.
Renewed (OP) is the youngest of the regulars. I'm 25. We've had a few 19-year-olds before.
(You should come so we can replenish our numbers when our older members like Old Man Kuro inevitably die from old age)
GIT OFFA MAH LAWN!

dluu13

We are thinking of making Ajuker Chicken the main place (680 Bloor St W) for the sake of our wallets. The after place can be Crafty Coyote, where we think Jesus waiter has gone.

Renewed

I mean you guys recommend places that die so. Plan is starting at Ajuker for a while to ease up on the wallets. Then swinging by Crafty Coyote and curse it to a swift end. Was that the one we think Jesus waiter is at? I'll make a reservation if there are no objections.

Oh and post-post-meetup is lightning round at karaoke. If not that, then I'll look up options for a third barhop. Or we could save our cash too, that's cool I guess.

Renewed

I mean it's been work/sleep for me so I haven't been maintaining this as I should. But expect aggressive pushing in the community thread this week lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I mean you guys recommend places that die so. Plan is starting at Ajuker for a while to ease up on the wallets. Then swinging by Crafty Coyote and curse it to a swift end. Was that the one we think Jesus waiter is at? I'll make a reservation if there are no objections.

Oh and post-post-meetup is lightning round at karaoke. If not that, then I'll look up options for a third barhop. Or we could save our cash too, that's cool I guess.
I suspect he's there but who knows. Ask for the small side room to confuse them :D
I don't know how I missed this. Put me down as a yes, although I'm not 100% sure yet.
How can that be a yes?!
I mean it's been work/sleep for me so I haven't been maintaining this as I should. But expect aggressive pushing in the community thread this week lol
This is about as aggressive as the winter this week.
Forgot to mention that I have the $25 slush fund.
After last meet up there's still a fund?! D:

Oppo

ok. I should probably go. I've been AWOL to these for a long time.

please put me down on the RSVP list.

I'm not going if Henry's not going though. he's my waifu

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
huh, it's in two days. I almost forgot about it because this week felt so short.
Probably cause of Family Day...?

I'm a maybe. Though I should go to collect my partial Switch moneys from EM. I just may blow too much of it on booze and food though...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And we got Habs-Leafs on Saturday too. Gonna starve all day to make room for that KFC/Soju
May/should? order some other stuff with it...will still likely be less than the goddamn Firkin...

Wish I was rich, I'd have us all go for Korean BBQ. That'd be hella fun. Fattening but fun.

krae_man

May/should? order some other stuff with it...will still likely be less than the goddamn Firkin...

Wish I was rich, I'd have us all go for Korean BBQ. That'd be hella fun. Fattening but fun.

The KFC can replace the Victory Nachos and people can order other stuff as well.

whitehawk

Banned
I might just come. Haven't been to one of these in a couple years. I'm in for now, I'll post if something comes up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom