• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun has PRO support added Patch 1.10

hqdefault.jpg
Now do Alienation
:)

Resogun just had an update, to add PRO support. Didnt know this was coming!! Maybe VR next (hopefully)

4k? Any details?

Yes it's 4K/HDR they announced it a while back

http://www.housemarque.com/nex-machina-announced-resogun-4khdr-coming/

Alongside Nex Machina we are also announcing a 4K/ HDR update for Resogun!
Imagine all of the voxels, particle effects and the fast-paced action even in greater, more eye-candy indulged detail. No actual date to announce yet, but it should be coming soon enough.

Apdiddy

One of the best reason to own a PS4 just got better. Whenever I get a tax refund and/or it's Christmas, I'm getting a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV just for this.

Oneself

It's been a while since I last played... So take this with with a grain of salt but... Seems like there's no supersampling.

-_-

Edit: yeah, I look at other games that support supersampling and Resogun definitely doesn't look as clean. Sorry.

It's been a while since I last played... So take this with with a grain of salt but... Seems like there's no supersampling.

-_-

Edit: yeah, I look at other games that support supersampling and Resogun definitely doesn't look as clean. Sorry.

I really do wonder if this system level supersampling is coming with the amount of patches not offering it as an option.

madmackem

-_-

Hmmm I think it's never looked as clean as it does now so I'd disagree I think it does.
Here's a trophy grab shot

C430Kz8XAAANBmJ.jpg:large

Oneself

Hmmm I think it's never looked as clean as it does now so I'd disagree I think it does.
Like I said, it's been a while. But switch to games like Ratchet, Hitman, RE7, WD2, UC4, ROTTR etc and it's definitely not as clean.

Edit: that screen does look clean on my phone though. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Like I said, it's been a while. But switch to games like Ratchet, Hitman, RE7, WD2, UC4, ROTTR etc and it's definitely not as clean.

Edit: that screen does look clean on my phone though. Maybe my expectations are too high.
Because of the voxelization of everything (even before it blows up), Resogun has a ton more edges than those other games, and the edges are almost never curved. Combine that with the lack of any temporal AA, and that could explain what you're seeing. The game was designed to be sharp and retro-arcadey instead of soft and photographic.

Jonboy

I played Resogun a ton at launch. Was actually in the top 10 for a while on Veteran difficulty.

Have recently gotten back into the game and have really been trying to up my score in the survival mode. It was part of the 1st DLC, iirc. Really fun and offers some interesting tweaks on the core gameplay of the main game. This just gives me even more of a reason to jump back in again.

Haines

Banned
Wow it looks so clean in 4K. My new go to game for showing off my set.

That's a bit of hyperbole.

Either way. Just spent an hour playing it. Very very nice and crisp visuals. Buttery clean goodness.

This game was just a lil thing to mess with before but with these excellent visuals I will certainly sink some serious time into it.

Certainly worth checking out if you have a nice rk hdr set.

Top Bottom