• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch version of mobile rhythm game "VOEZ" announced (Rayark, dev of Cytus)

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh that's cool. It's an okay game. The notes don't match the rhythm that well and there's no feedback sound IIRC but the game is so lenient it wasn't a dealbreaker.

Mandelbo

This is interesting - I wonder if it'll be a straight port, or whether the game'll be modified to better accommodate the Switch? As it is, the game would only work in handheld mode, which would be kinda disappointing. The original's F2P and requires an internet connection, but has quite a big song list. I guess the Switch port'll probably be F2P too. Not sure if the article has any more info regarding changes to the game.

This is interesting - I wonder if it'll be a straight port, or whether the game'll be modified to better accommodate the Switch? As it is, the game would only work in handheld mode, which would be kinda disappointing. The original's F2P and requires an internet connection, but has quite a big song list. I guess the Switch port'll probably be F2P too. Not sure if the article has any more info regarding changes to the game.

Deemo released on Vita with only touch controls like the mobile version. It was also a premium release, not F2P.

Zareka

Whaaaat. I enjoy the game on mobile. I'll definitely give it a shot on Switch.

Oh that's cool. It's an okay game. The notes don't match the rhythm that well and there's no feedback sound IIRC but the game is so lenient it wasn't a dealbreaker.

It took me ages to find but there is actually a setting for hit confirm sounds. I think it sounds horrible though. I keep it off.

dadjumper

Getting a 403 on OP's link, so here's an image from a JapaneseNintendo post. Not sure if it's the same scan.

tumblr_olpye0tbmD1s2z1y6o2_1280.jpg

Source

Nice. I really enjoyed my time playing this on my phone. Really unique gameplay and the songs are nice. Progression to unlock songs is really hard though.

You can adjust the calibration and enable the note feedback sound.

Really enjoyed the game on iOS. Definitely buying it on Switch!

rpmurphy

Aw yiss. It'll probably be a lot better with the size of the system compared to playing it on the iPad mini that I'm currently doing.

I tried this on iphone some time back, I enjoyed the art and menus, but the music wasn't doing a whole lot for me. Also I am godawful at rhythm games.

akashhhhh

I really enjoyed the core gameplay on Android but hated the pricing model. Would definitely pay up front for full access on switch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I first started thinking that I want this game, then i thought that due to the OST it wont come over here, or atleast not with this OST, and then I remembered that I can just import it.
And now everything is right again

I first started thinking that I want this game, then i thought that due to the OST it wont come over here, or atleast not with this OST, and then I remembered that I can just import it.
And now everything is right again

Is it getting a physical release? The price tag made me think digital-only.

Though it may get a western release down the line, seeing how Deemo is this year.

jonno394

watching the video, what the hell are you supposed to do with the "slide" bits. Touch, hold, swipe etc all make sense, but when it shows "slide" it doesn't seem to do anything.

Sounds interesting, might import if it gets a retail edition.

rpmurphy

watching the video, what the hell are you supposed to do with the "slide" bits. Touch, hold, swipe etc all make sense, but when it shows "slide" it doesn't seem to do anything.

Sounds interesting, might import if it gets a retail edition.
How the white "slide" notes work is that you just need to be touching their locations when they hit the note line. It's not a "tap", so to hit consecutive "slide" notes, you don't have to lift your finger off of the screen and you can just slide around your finger.

Top Bottom