• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac on lack of Sunset Overdrive 2: Ask Microsoft, may continue w/o them one day

chadskin

We asked Insomniac president Ted Price why there has been no movement on a sequel, and he replied, "You'd have to ask Microsoft." But with or without Microsoft's participation, Sunset Overdrive may grind again.

"We are passionate about that franchise, and we own it, so you may see more Sunset in the future from us," Price said. "No promises, and no timeline to speak of, but it is something that represents our willingness to create unexpected experiences."
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-microsoft-sunset-overdrive-has-a-future.aspx

We asked Insomniac president Ted Price why there has been no movement on a sequel [to Sunset Overdrive], and he replied, "You'd have to ask Microsoft." But with or without Microsoft's participation, Sunset Overdrive may grind again.

"We are passionate about that franchise, and we own it, so you may see more Sunset in the future from us," Price said. "No promises, and no timeline to speak of, but it is something that represents our willingness to create unexpected experiences."

There's a wee bit more at the link below

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Would love to see a sequel, one day.

Would love a sequel.

Is there any word on why they haven't at least ported the first game to PC? Halo and SO are like the only reasons I still have an xbone

WTF? So Insomniac wants to do a sequel, but Microsoft is turning them down?

C'mon Phil, you gotta do better than this. The X1 needs quality exclusives, how can you not authorize a Sunset Overdrive sequel?

Toa Axis

I'd love for this to happen. I have some issues with Sunset, but it's my favorite Xbone exclusive that I've played.

M.D

What publisher is going to give them the budget to make this game while maintaining the IP? Especially after the first game sold like it did..

Would love to see it happen but it seems unlikely unless Microsoft is involved

I made a thread on this as well, though I was late to the party.

Would love a sequel, there's so much potential in what they already have and what they have is bloody brilliant.

C'mon Phil, you gotta do better than this. The X1 needs quality exclusives, how can you not authorize a Sunset Overdrive sequel?

MS didn't "turn them down". Just didn't care enough for a sequel.

Insomniac are busy with Spiderman now anyway.

I think they should find a new publisher for Sunset Overdrive.

Who owns the IP?

Insomniac.

Nydius

Make it multiplatform this time, please!

Please have better writing this time Insomniac.

Make it funny this time.

ALL of these.

I enjoyed the gameplay of the first one but my god the "hey look, we're a video game using pop culture references, aren't we so cool *wink, nod*" humor wore thin fast.

I would love to play a sequel on PS4 or PC eventually.

E:
MS didn't "turn them down". Just didn't care enough for a sequel.

Can't really say I blame them. My local Walmart had Day One editions of Sunset Overdrive on the shelves as recently as last holiday season.

Why would they? Even on X1 the numbers were abysmal. If it's exclusive it will perform worse than the last, if it's multiplatform, then it might find a little more appeal, but really, wouldn't they be better off simply going with a new franchise?

Finaj

Well, the original unfortunately sold like shit.

I would love to see another one, but I can't see any publisher trying to fund a sequel.

Please Insomniac, I don't care if its multiplatform or xbox exclusive ... just give me more.

Please bring back sunset tv as well.

Toni

Would love to see it on PlayStation. Bigger audience as well.

You know what to do Insomniac.

N.Domixis

Banned
Why would they? Even on X1 the numbers were abysmal. If it's exclusive it will perform worse than the last, if it's multiplatform, then it might find a little more appeal, but really, wouldn't they be better off simply going with a new franchise?
The insomniac fan base is on ps so maybe there's a chance a sequel could do better.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Would love to see it on PlayStation. Bigger audience as well.

You know what to do Insomniac.

I wonder WHEN we'll see more? I thought it was a fun game. I think I read somewhere, that the whole studio is working on Spider Man at the moment, so we may not see it for awhile. Unless there is a smaller team in there.

A really great game, with really great mechanics. They totally nailed the flow of movement between the actual character movement and the world geography design. Would love to see them take another crack at success with the formula.

Top Bottom