• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Above Zero Photo Contest of Dawn

T4wVDW-HcljFN7f5mcyBGut02yD5xB1O_gcAi0UCjlBeEHIaVUMLHnMqqQTgEzlKxs8MgRHI-8fNvueUlEJG0lMgbUo-txhkTNkBgIcNJs7ou2ETuRdqwRTPcluR6IyWV3HsMUrbfvDuqcgDRkuD9KxOv5kRwD_ujh7A_NnjvJxfYFibpG0GceuCi_roYMMnsme3nL8pfMqMdH9bCWDOd57vSYlj_RHo-6VHAUlgn-bSy2OzsywSqSYBNQ2nH941UGLYpjtsdYy1F45PcOiBduYdnl7bShMGSt2MfQbIWW3vXCHujB887smq9ZpU1NAEMZXuc4KNKMnAru4fJh0do424TmIWWs0S9BbwnK8NwZ-Xd0vCP4XPGOYDiu0fUjfAwrqBmlFrKy9O_a7GDtejXPFYNBWPcCR2eqQiXkltog7NWZS_LUiasl8pw_1t0wZklmBnoWH8LqSymF_ONWlQkgWPyHgah82JvOKGSKSYbnZO76mkY4jwvK-qOvc3HlftG9R6q5BK3IULq_-PIsOhzk8Pwte0Z0T5Tcq9K0IzMZp6zf-3VocJG1ue7L_4SmgGDesPVcYSsMaEqttGoIpAwAUUGkutk7ItbNvIZKZf68aMvvuxxnvZEg=w976-h672-no

BEWARE YE DEVILS SPOILERS MAYBE BE FOUND IF YE TRAVEL FURTHER INTO THE PICTURE PLAINS

I"m back once again in search for the best pictures GAF can offer after donating to the Infamous:SS and my/VisceralBowl's TLoU: Remaster Contest, The OG Driveclub contest, the Driveclub Plus Edition contest, No Man Sky contest.

Again time i'm solo so far and will be the sole judge unless others come to help/donate prizes.

Rules are going to be crazy simple. You are responsible if you choose to host somewhere with heavy compression ruining your IQ outside of the 2 restricted ones below

Rules are as such:
Don't forget be as creative as you want/can be
Host your image on any site EXCEPT Facebook and Twitter
Limit 3 images per post
Make/Designate a official entry picture in post before the end of the contest. The 1st image in your post will be placeholder/used unless otherwise stated

The contest ends at (Let me know if it's too short of a length time)
t1490864400z2.png

Prizes
(subject to change if get more donations and judge(s) and codes are US unless otherwise stated possible to obtain)

Pool or prizes pick one of the following: £15 UK PSN code, 5x $10 PSN codes, mirror's edge catalys digital code

1st Place: 1st pick
2nd Place: 2nd pick
3rd Place: 3rd pick
4th Place: 4th pick
5th Place: 5th pick
6th Place: the remaining item in prize pool
7th Place: added b/c I couldn't get it down to 6 picks added another $10 PSN code by me 4-2-17

Master list of Official entries will be at the link below and updated when I have time:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hom_-KyiEgQpHwiE_CbOH5UsD4wpvQpw0kTUhkm6YGI/edit?usp=sharing

heavy copy pasta from my other threads

My Previous --,contest -- are to be found here -
here

BraXzy

I'm still only at the start of the game so my main photo will probably change over time. Figured I'd throw what I've got in so far. Such a beautiful game.

HorizonZeroDawn_20170302003744.png

HorizonZeroDawn_20170312205947.png

HorizonZeroDawn_20170305005639.png

I've only played a couple of hours but haven't dabbled with the photo mode yet. Will look into it this weekend. I don't have an account for imgur or Instagram or anything, so might have to sign up to one of them.

I'll go with this one.

33027120931_c6e4241889_o.png

I know photo mode likely adds some bells and whistles, but it's ridiculous how good the game looks.

Also no, that doesn't seem to be the case. In the other thread there were some comparisons and there is no discernible difference between photo mode and gameplay, it's kinda crazy.

Ploid 3.0

This game look so good it makes me shed slight tears. Valve or some pc dev needs to go all out with PC games like Playstation Devs. It takes modders to beef up PC games it seem, skyrim is way too old now, though modded Fallout4 looks nice.

That close up of kid Aloy's face looks so good, so crisp, it's impressive. I should drop by the photo thread to see some machine close ups like that.

Amazing! Insane that it looks that good during actual gameplay.

With DOF like that during gameplay, it would make people feel sick. I played with heavy DOF in Skyrim, and while it looks good for screen shots, it's bad for gameplay. That and crazy DOF would add to slight framerate drops probably. Hardware these days seem to be a ble to handle DOF like it's nothing.

RocknRola

This game look so good it makes me shed slight tears. Valve or some pc dev needs to go all out with PC games like Playstation Devs. It takes modders to beef up PC games it seem, skyrim is way too old now, though modded Fallout4 looks nice.

That close up of kid Aloy's face looks so good, so crisp, it's impressive. I should drop by the photo thread to see some machine close ups like that.

With DOF like that during gameplay, it would make people feel sick. I played with heavy DOF in Skyrim, and while it looks good for screen shots, it's bad for gameplay. That and crazy DOF would add to slight framerate drops probably. Hardware these days seem to be a ble to handle DOF like it's nothing.

Oh no, yeah the extra DoF is definitely from the photo mode, but the visuals remain the same otherwise from what I can tell in those comparisons, which is just insane. An open world game, looking that good, being as stable as it is, and on a console is just...amazing, no words for it.

Think i will be in, in a few days.
Already took some incredible screenshots.
I'm confident! :)

My mind is still blown again and again, every time i play the game. Can't believe how insanely good it looks.

google doc updated.

Also possible mirror's edge catalyst psn code to be added to the prize pool and the prizes would be switched to a 1st place gets 1st pick, 2nd place 2nd pick etc

RocknRola

This is my humble participation :) Only messed a bit with the DoF, not really gifted to work with these things but the game does look fantastic!

17097976_1222946134427378_4678698064607194894_o.jpg

Top Bottom