• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division now supports 4K resolution at all times on PS4 Pro

EL CUCO

X3VAoJN.jpg

Introduced with today's 1.6 patch.

Previously only supported 4K UI.

playing right now on PS4 Pro with 1080p display and it's looking CLEAN! Curious to see what DF finds.

Update: Confirmed Native 4K
https://youtu.be/SXTdBmKC3_0

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So does it officially downsample?

Or is op experiencing placebo effect

Rains

regaurding setting what does pro use ? meduim high ultra after playing it on my pc then going back to xbox one the difference is shocking gaint believe i have been puttting up with crappy iq for this long

onQ123

So does it officially downsample?

Or is op experiencing placebo effect

I think that's what the notes mean when they say PS4 Pro uses 4K resolution at all times.

meaning that even when your TV is 1080P the game is still playing in 4K

M.W.

Have no idea how to upload great quality pics, but there's a definite bump in Rez. It's awesome.

VuRUZ5X.jpg

2160p via checkerboard it's possible.

Not really sure about 2160p native. Although the engine got a lot of optimization and it runs better on AMD Polaris

I'll wait. Still want my trophy to hunt some rouges.

Have no idea how to upload great quality pics, but there's a definite bump in Rez. It's awesome.
Save the image as a 4K JPEG (you may have to change screenshot settings). Then use a USB drive to transfer to PC, and upload it to an image host (imgur, photobucket, abload).

You may be able to skip the transfer and use the PS4 browser to upload, but I've never tried that.

If you can take a shot while you're moving as well, that'll help us see if there's CBR artifacts.

It's a very tentative result due to scaling and compression, but I count the shot you already shared as at least 1152p rendering, which already would be a bump from before.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
X3VAoJN.jpg

Introduced with today's 1.6 patch.

Previously only supported 4K UI.

playing right now on PS4 Pro with 1080p display and it's looking CLEAN! Curious to see what DF finds.

Holy fuck.

Yeeeeesssss.

Was hoping they would do this, but I was skeptical. Great news. Still one of the best looking games ever made.

III-V

PNG.
PNG.

Its for pixel counting. no need for PNG file size at 4K just to count pixels...

And I really want to jump back into this game. I got out after completing the main story and multiplayer did not really impress me at the time. 2160c will look great just need to wrap up Horizon & BOTW

PNG.
PNG.
Always and forever, for your own usage. But there's no good, consistent way to share 4K PNGs across the internet. The filesizes are generally too big for most hosters. The IQ loss from a single generation of JPEG compression shouldn't matter for pixel counting.

ViciousDS

Banned
Always and forever, for your own usage. But there's no good, consistent way to share 4K PNGs across the internet. The filesizes are generally too big for most hosters. The IQ loss from a single generation of JPEG compression shouldn't matter for pixel counting.

https://gifyu.com

Actually you can abuse gifyu to share 4K pngs

See the horizon screenshot thread of example

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Downloading the demo now. The screen above looks *way* cleaner than the game looked on PS4 screens I've seen before, so they've done a great job, whatever is it that they've done.
Out if nowhere. That's is insanely impressive if it's native.
I mean, it would be crazy impressive if it's full 4K achieved through checkerboarding as well. It's kind of a waste to go beyond that for a game played on TV anyway, in my opinion.

Top Bottom