• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiled goose

good with gravy
So...

It is in stock in Amazon.com for prime members...

Just place an order for one even though I am not sure I want one at the moment.

The amount of time all three Switch bundles have been in stock on Amazon US makes me think the stock situation has completely stabilized, nationwide. It's been looking really good for awhile, but this seems to seal the deal.

Here's hoping this means good things for the holiday season. Obviously there will be some shortages, but hopefully Nintendo can move a couple million units in North America this Christmas.

This seems to double as the Switch OT more or less, so...

Just got my Switch today, from Amazon.de, along with Zelda BOTW. Loving it so far. But is it just me or does the game card cover feel *really* flimsy. It's just there as a dust cover right? If it inevitably breaks off the console will still be able to read the cards, right?

This seems to double as the Switch OT more or less, so...

Just got my Switch today, from Amazon.de, along with Zelda BOTW. Loving it so far. But is it just me or does the game card cover feel *really* flimsy. It's just there as a dust cover right? If it inevitably breaks off the console will still be able to read the cards, right?
I reckon it should be able to as it will still be able to be properly inserted but I wouldn't worry about the thing breaking off. So as long as you're not rough with it, it should be fine

RoadDogg

Saw 3 gray and 2 neon at a target in central pa today. First I have ever seen on in retail before. My local walmart still just has 2 docks and some games. The docks have been there since launch.

Lum1n3s

Was originally going to go with the Mario Odyssey bundle which I had pre-ordered but once I saw the Neon Switch in stock through Amazon I decided to cancel my order and go with that. Finally, I get to save me some money so whooooooo!

In stock online in Canada too. They finally shipped enough. It's good timing too since Mario Odyssey plus the holiday rush will require the extra units.

ProtoSound

Neo Member
If you are in the Phoenix are the Walmart and Target at Christown Spectrum Mall usually have 2 or 3 various models in stock whenever I swing by.

shaneo632

I just got a bundle off E-Bay for £390:

Switch console
Mario Kart 8
Zelda
2 extra joy-cons
pro controller
2x controller grips
2x steering wheels
messenger bag

Will sell the extra controllers and some of the other junk off to make the deal even sweeter.

catbrush

I'm guessing they added a ton of stock to prepare for Mario Odyssey's release. I'm surprised it's been in stock at Amazon all weekend.

The Walmart I work at has not ran out of Switch Consoles in a long while. There is still a bunch of Splatoon bundles as well. The only time I think the store didn't have any was during March when it released.

The Walmart I work at has not ran out of Switch Consoles in a long while. There is still a bunch of Splatoon bundles as well. The only time I think the store didn't have any was during March when it released.

I was just at Walmart and mine has a bunch of the splatoon 2 bundles as well as the regular grey and neon ones. Same with Target and Bestbuy in my area.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I am in CA for a bit here and there were Switch units in the local Target.

They were basically trash though since they were the grey units.

ADS

Whelp, I promised myself I wouldn't buy one until after the inevitable refresh, but seeing it stock on Amazon multiple days in a row was too much, had to pick one up (and preorder mario).

Is a grip necessary for long term portable play? I found that a grip was almost required for my 3ds. Any recommendations?

I was reading another new thread just now where a guy was asking if he should buy a Switch. My buddy bought one last Friday on Amazon and I just checked a few minutes ago and it looks like they are still in stock. Looks like Nintendo finally caught up with demand. I wonder if interest has faded or if production has improved.

Peltz

I was reading another new thread just now where a guy was asking if he should buy a Switch. My buddy bought one last Friday on Amazon and I just checked a few minutes ago and it looks like they are still in stock. Looks like Nintendo finally caught up with demand. I wonder if interest has faded or if production has improved.
The latter.

So, it's been in stock at Amazon for more than 24 hours now.

It's time to officially declare the shortage over?

Pretty much over for now. You might still have a little trouble finding one at a store, or certain models anyway (neon red and blue), but the Splatoon bundle seems to be everywhere. It will be interesting to see if the release of Mario Odyssey has any effect on stock. It's been in the top 5 in Amazon US for a while now before even getting released, and right now it's the best selling game on any console. It's going to be huge.

My local Target has had at least 1 for the last few times I've been there. I assume they're selling through them and getting more, cause sometimes it's down to one, and then the next time it will have 3.

Still, if you're in KC, then you might want to hit up the Target on Chouteau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom