• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 gets 10/10 in first English version review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Score comes from Official PlayStation Magazine UK.

The first review of Atlus’ hotly anticipated Persona 5 has arrived in the pages of OPM UK, with the publication awarding the JRPG a perfect score of 10/10.

Fans of the long-running franchise will be pleased to learn that this latest installment is an absolute belter, with Persona 5 described by OPM as “the most accomplished, accessible, precocious modern JRPG out there.” In fact, the magazine says it’s not only better than its predecessor, but also tops Square Enix’s Final Fantasy 15.

Source (via Dead End Irony in the P5 preview thread).

Full review embargo is supposedly March 29.

Japan @ the 2017 GOTY Awards

iPFOazd.png

Played the JP version. I like this game a lot. But no way is it a 10.

To put it in perspective I would say P4 is a 10. P5 is not. Maybe a 9 at best.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm sure this is a phenomenal game. As is BotW. But I think we need a revamp on the review system.

Nah I don't know. I didn't like it when 10 = perfect because really no games are perfect and having a score you can't give out is dumb. I also didn't like the scoring during 360/ps3 gen as then it felt like games were only "good" if it got above a 9. Now at least a game above an 8 should be pretty damn good with games that gets 7s also ok depending on the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom