• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn on massive hiring spree, has 45+ job postings between Titanfall and Star Wars

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I decided to browse some job sites since GDC just happened, and this stuck out.

They had way less jobs around a month ago, so I'm guessing both projects are really ramping up at this point.

That said, given the types of jobs they're hiring for, I get the sense half the Titanfall team moved to Star Wars.

Respawn said:
Titanfall
Art Director
Associate Producer
Build And Release Manager
Character Artist
Design Scripter
Executive Producer
Level Designer
Producer
QA Lead
Senior Animator
Senior Character Artist
Senior Character/Hard Surface Artist
Senior Design Scripter
Senior Hard Surface Artist
Senior Level Designer
Senior Producer
Senior Technical Animator
Senior Technical Artist
Software Engineer - AI
Software Engineer - Gameplay
Software Engineer - Graphics Programmer
Software Engineer - Tools Programmer
Technical Animator
Technical Artist

Star Wars™ Project
Art Producer
Associate Producer
Camera Systems Designer
Combat/Systems Designer
Environment Artist
Executive Producer
Hard Surface Artist
Level Designer
Narrative Lead
Producer
Senior Camera Systems Designer
Senior Combat/Systems Designer
Senior Environment Artist
Senior Hard Surface Artist
Senior Level Designer
Senior Producer
Senior QA Tester
Senior VFX Artist
Software Engineer - Gameplay
Software Engineer - Generalist
VFX Artist
Source: http://www.respawn.com/careers

Zukkoyaki

Star Wars has only been in development for about a year now, if that. I wouldn't expect to see anything out of Respawn until 2018.

Good to see that they're scaling up. I was a bit concerned about them taking on two AAA projects despite only being around 100 people.

Chris1

Star Wars has only been in development for about a year now, if that. I wouldn't expect to see anything out of Respawn until 2018.

Good to see that they're scaling up. I was a bit concerned about them taking on two AAA projects despite only being around 100 people.

Yea this year will be battlefront 2, 2018 probably Amy Hennig's Star Wars, 2019 I'm guessing Respawns. I doubt we see it before E3 2019

New Titanfall project or more efficient content releases for Titanfall 2? I'm really hoping it's the latter. Or better yet, both.

GOOCHY

Titanfall 2 was so good. Hopefully it's not the end of the road for that series. They just released into a really crowded shooter market.

Zackat

Is Titanfall still selling well? I loved what I played of it, been a bit though (too many games right now).

Glad to see hiring going on at any game studio. Super hyped for the star wars game

Yo how am I just hearing about a star wars game respawn ? Is this one seperate from the one being worked on by the uncharted lady and the next battlefront ?

Yea this year will be battlefront 2, 2018 probably Amy Hennig's Star Wars, 2019 I'm guessing Respawns. I doubt we see it before E3 2019
I think they said in the Star Wars video last year that Respawn's game would be 2019
Yo how am I just hearing about a star wars game respawn ? Is this one seperate from the one being worked on by the uncharted lady and the next battlefront ?
Yep. Directed by Stig Asmussen (God of War 3)

ps3ud0

I have a healthy respect for Respawn so this is good to hear - expect good things from their SW game, probably moreso than Dice's Battlefront

ps3ud0 8)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Titanfall 2 was so good. Hopefully it's not the end of the road for that series. They just released into a really crowded shooter market.

It'd be kind of weird to start hiring 24 people to work on Titanfall if they were killing off the series.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Holy shit, had no idea Respawn is doing a SW game.

TF2 was amazing - I hope the best for the studio.

Rocketz

Good to see for Titanfall. For the complaints I had about 2 from the original it's still a fantastic game. I love the series.

Do we know if their Star Wars game is gonna be single player or multiplayer focused? After all the praise TF2 campaign got I'd like to see them put all their effort into a campaign, but it just seems unlikely for this particular dev.

Speaking of, I should get Titanfall 2 sometime.

Van Bur3n

Yes. Get more people. Make more games. Yes.

giphy.gif

I see Titanfall has done pretty well for them so far.

We need more threads like this and less of studios letting people go or closing

HoodWinked

EA really screwed them on the launch date for TF2 but seems that they're taking responsibility for it considering these mass hires means respawn must have had some budgetary approval.

EA's plan of BF1 and TF2 launching against CoD last year probably has put the CoD franchise in its weakest state in its history.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Usually hate to shill - but yeah, anyone awesome should apply! The Star Wars project is its own team, led by Stig Asmussen, and separate from the Titanfall team. Lots of cool stuff happening!

Now... where to put all these people??

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Usually hate to shill - but yeah, anyone awesome should apply! The Star Wars project is its own team, led by Stig Asmussen, and separate from the Titanfall team. Lots of cool stuff happening!

Great to hear this news. Can't wait to see what the Titanfall team has in store for us.

Stig Asmussen too. It's gonna be good.
Oh goddamn it.

I respect Stig, but God of War 3 was not only a mediocre game, but an incredibly misogynistic and stupidly written game. I can't believe no one looked at some of the ideas and said "yep, that's cool."

Shill away, it's cool here. I would apply, but I don't know for what spot and I'm sure my current comment doesn't help me in any way.

The Stars Wars part isn't surprising really as you'd expect that project to really start ramping up.

I'm surprised at the amount of hiring for Titanfall though. I suppose work on TF3 is likely already starting but given the somewhat slow start to TF2 I wasn't sure they would really plan on expanding that team all that much.

plushyp

Oh goddamn it.
I respect Stig, but God of War 3 was not only a mediocre game, but an incredibly misogynistic and stupidly written game. I can't believe no one looked at some of the ideas and said "yep, that's cool."
The lead writer of the story was Marianne Krawczyk. Stig Asmussen only contributed to additional writing. As did Ariel Lawrence and William Weissbaum.

http://www.scriptmag.com/features/wga-nominated-god-of-war-writer-talks-kratos-greek-mythology

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1199781/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

Oh goddamn it.

Misogynistic ? Wait what are you on about again ? did God of war 3 legit has some serious issues going on that I never heard about or is it just the first god of war you actually played.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Nice. Hopefully we see something at E3 for the Star Wars project.

Too early for Respawn's game I think. 2019-2020 release, probably. Battlefront 2 news next month, and hopefully news about their other third person game close to E3.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So glad they're carrying on with Titanfall. Looking forward to 3.

Had no idea they were making a Star Wars game as well. Awesome! And yay @ hiring more folks for Titanfall. Hope they make a single player story DLC besides more content for multiplayer.

jacobeid

Banned

Whatever the fuck that means.

In all seriousness, TF2 is the first multiplayer game since Rainbow six 3 that I enjoy playing online on a regular basis. Plus the campaign is great. Looking forward to more from Respawn.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Crap, forgot they were working on a star wars game! Hope we see it at e3

TreIII

Respawn's Star Wars game is the one I'm most interested in. I need a good Jedi/Sith action game in my life, and I'd like to think this team is the one best poised to make it happen!

The wait while I have to sit through another Battlefront and whatever the Visceral game turns out to be is going to be painful...

Top Bottom