• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Xbox One Frame Rate Test (Pre-Release)

Theorry

Skipping this one until Scorpio and a couple of patches,

untitledtzkip.png

I'm not that sensitive to frame rate drops in general, but I did notice some severe dips during some of the cutscenes.

That being said, it's not gamebreaking for me.

Jumeira

Banned
I am fine with that. I'm more worried about the overall polish in other areas, but the gameplay does look fun here.

Yep, i expect these elements to be cleared as soon as i pop ME:A into my shiny new Scorpio later in the year. So performance isnt a concern, polish is!

ViciousDS

Banned
frostbite.......the engine seems amazing for PC....just never seems like they give much effort towards the console versions.

Lucifon

Didn't mass effect always have chuggy cutscenes / scripted sequences. Always remember them being pretty janky on 360. Seems par for the course!

Hopefully they'll give it a Scorpio update.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sub 900p and 22 FPS ?

Holy shit .. At least Pro runs at a much higher resolution. Based on the giant bomb stream, frame rate is pretty consistent minus some drops here and there.

scorpio save us? Anywho, i didnt plan to pick it up on day 1 anyway and i hope the patches they implement help with the frame rate by the time i pick it up during the holiday.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow this game is pretty demanding, sub 900p and sub 30 fps?

Wow, I wonder how it will run on the PS4?

OG PS4 is supposed to be native 1080p with Pro clocking in at 1800p. So, we know the numbers, and based on the 2 hour giant bomb stream, frame rate on Pro was mostly OK with occasional drops a few times.

Sub 900p and 22 FPS ?

Holy shit .. At least Pro runs at a much higher resolution. Based on the giant bomb stream, frame rate is pretty consistent minus some drops here and there.

I'll be the dissenter here and point out that it looked like a lot of the animations during cutscenes run at what looked like sub-30 fps on PS4 Pro. There is a source of jitter during object movement that stands out like a sore thumb for me.

I'd hardly call that "stunning" but whatever... feels like anything on PC is considered stunning nowadays regardless of whether it is an actual graphical masterpiece or a potato...

Arti-direction on Habitat-7 is bollocks, all the effects plus the atmosphere really grew quickly on me.

Can't say the same about Eos, though. Boring as fuck. Feels like a Copy-Paste from DA:I.

Wonder what the framerate will be on that jungle planet with a lot of foliage. Hope the framerate on the PS4 is more stable.

Top Bottom