• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom on Monster Hunter possiblity on Switch: "Hope you enjoy it on 3DS first."

WSJ's Takashi Mochizaki asked Capcom about the series coming to to Switch, and said:

Capcom didn't deny Monster Hunter on Switch. I asked if it's coming to Switch, and Mr. Kojima said "Hope you enjoy it on 3DS first."

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/842871386527821824

That should be Shintaro Kojima that he's referring to, who was the producer on both Generations and Double Cross if I'm reading correctly.

When and not if I would think at this point.

Best guess: Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) HD Ver. on Switch, holiday 2017, and then Monster Hunter 5 on Switch maybe late next year?

Flunkie

Banned
Monster Hunter on Switch would be the fulfillment of a long time waiting for a new PSP/Vita MH. Perfect match. Can't some soon enough.

Nah I'm going to pass 3DS. I'm way over playing MH on a tiny 200p screen. MHXX will be the first MH I'll skip since MHFreedom. Also it's 2017 Capcom put it on Steam already.

I would kill for a Monster Hunter on Switch with visual fidelity even better than MH3U.

Does Capcom not understand every big title released near the launch of a console would sold incredibly well even without much marketing?
It's free money.
People who bought those new console are desperate for new games to play.

orioto

Good Art™
I wonder if the tech gap is not going to frighten them a little here, no ? I mean with a game like that the cost will rise a LOT for locations and monsters

mp1990

Banned
i own all mh games released on the 3ds/psp but i've been holding back from jumping into it because of the lack of a second analog (even though i've heard multiple times it's not an issue at all, but i'm not a smart person), so i'm totally in on this as soon as it hits switch

Hopefully we'll see a huge jump graphic wise this time. While MHX looks good on 3DS it's not a huge difference compared to MHFU on PSP I think.

BiggNife

I mean, it's probably coming, but they still gotta sell copies of XX so I'm not surprised they're not confirming it yet or else everyone would just wait.

I would be shocked if MH5 isn't on Switch.

NewGame

Banned
This is a no-brainer, but it'll never be developed "for Switch" as long as 3DS is around.

Capcom have a nasty habit of constantly trying to maximise sales, even to the point of refusing to acknowledge localizations having people import only to find a localized release was in fact, already in development.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i dont blame em for selling their 3ds game - but i aint buyin

monhun portable is going to be so much more comfortable to play on switch over 5ghz

Thoraxes

Still surprised there's no news on XX overseas yet. Was wondering how Capcom USA would handle that, so maybe that's still in the cards later on this year... and maybe with a Switch version too?

wwm0nkey

Yeah I am not getting MHXX, my hands just can't take it anymore. I will be there day 1 on Switch Capcom, just do it soon

Orayn

Still surprised there's no news on XX overseas yet. Was wondering how Capcom USA would handle that, so maybe that's still in the cards later on this year... and maybe with a Switch version too?

X announcement came really close to Western release, I'm not too worried.

SuperSah

Banned
MonHun on Switch will be fucking incredible.

I've played thousands of hours of MonHun across 3DS. A HD, portable game with the insane graphical skill of Capcom on Switch?

SIGN ME

UP

Lorcain

I wonder if the tech gap is not going to frighten them a little here, no ? I mean with a game like that the cost will rise a LOT for locations and monsters
I was wondering the same thing. With better tech comes higher expectations for visuals, something they haven't had to really worry about on the 3DS/2DS.

I'm 100% in for a Switch MH. The system is perfect for it.

NewGame

Banned
Sweet I just found out Monster Hunter X transfers your save data.

What moves across:
- Weapons / Armour / Items / Charms / Zenny
- You can rename and regender your hunter
- Quest completion check offs

What doesn't:
- Screen filters and settings
- Play times
- Event quests (Make sure you do them in X if needed)
- Your HR gets reset to 8 (Basically before G rank unlocks)

Kyoufu

It's not like Capcom have only ever made 240p games their whole time in the industry.

MoonFrog

Is that a no?
I mean, it sound roughly like "we can't talk about it yet, but we can talk about a 3DS version we want to sell."

It is at least leaving the door open to yes, at most saying it is definitely coming. I think it is more suggestive than a stock no comment phrase, but could just be me.

I bought a Wii u at launch and didn't regret it once because monster hunter 3u was coming a few months later.

The day monster is revealed for switch is the day I start shopping for one.

Mory Dunz

Hopefully we'll see a huge jump graphic wise this time. While MHX looks good on 3DS it's not a huge difference compared to MHFU on PSP I think.

For the first one, I don't see it looking too much better than MH3U on Wii U. Maybe 60 fps instead of 40

But MH5 though....?

I would kill for a Monster Hunter on Switch with visual fidelity even better than MH3U.

Does Capcom not understand every big title released near the launch of a console would sold incredibly well even without much marketing?
It's free money.
People who bought those new console are desperate for new games to play.

Exactly. Amazes me more companies don't get this.

Slaythe

I don't see this remaining nintendo exclusive if they actually make HD versions from scratch.

Might as well port it to ps4 and pc or something .

If it's a 3ds "HD" port I guess it's different.

Capcom scared out of their minds they will finally have to make Monster Hunter with modern techniques. I bet this is gonna take a long ass time or the first iteration of this game will be a "test" for them with either being a short game or a spin-off title.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
bought.
MH tri wii
MH 3
MH 3 wii u
MH 4
MH GEN

no game was different.
i want an open world.
on the switch.

that will make me buy a new one
if there is one game that needs better gfx.

it is this game.

Top Bottom