• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera: Game Freak Recruiting For ''Globally popular RPG'' Console Project

FelipeMGM

Pokémon Switch?

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/2...orizon-game-freak-recruiting-console-project/

Game Freak is recruiting for a new console development project and they're in need of 3D CG designers with experience on Wii U and PS Vita level character models using animation and modeling software Maya.

In the staff recruitment ad, Game Freak is looking for someone that can consult with the programmers and work on assisting with data. It starts out with ”Here's a chance to work on the development of a globally popular RPG!" The work requires using material to create cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models.

that sounds a lot like Pokémon for the Switch

EDIT: A new game I mean, not for Stars.

Zalman

If it's Pokémon Switch, it doesn't sound like it's coming anytime soon.
This sounds to me like a Pokémon generation built from the ground-up for Switch. If Stars is real, it likely won't be a major step up from Sun/Moon.

A full blown Pokemon console RPG was something I dreamed of as a kid. Sucks that we'll be waiting for a while, but I really hope it's going to turn out ok.

Dragbolt

A globally popular RPG by Game Freak? I wonder what that could be.
Gen 4 Remakes/Gen 8 please

Anyway the moment this releases is probably the moment I buy a Switch.

LordKano

Pokémon Stars is made with the already-HD models of Pokémon Sun and Moon. This recruitment sounds like they're building something from scratch. Maybe the next Pokémon game.

Was that Pokemon "Star" for switch rumor ever debunked?

Haven't kept up with the rumor mill. Really hope Stars exist personally

Galava

So, at least that game is 3 years away from now. We might get Stars in november as cross-platform for 3DS&Switch (or maybe not even for Switch, just 3DS) and then no pokémon games until 2020.

Lexxism

This sounds like a mainline build from scratch for Switch. I guess it's still possible for Stars coming this year.

Pokémon Stars is made with the already-HD models of Pokémon Sun and Moon. This recruitment sounds like they're building something from scratch. Maybe the next Pokémon game.

Exactly my thoughts as well. X and Y didn't have a third iteration so it can be safe to assume Sun/Moon wont either.

Great news regardless. I really hope they make a true Pokemon rpg for the Switch. Would sell like crazy.

Zedark

Was that Pokemon "Star" for switch rumor ever debunked?

Haven't kept up with the rumor mill. Really hope Stars exist personally
No, it still is up in the air, but it should be coming this year according to the rumour, so we have a point in time at which we can falsify it. The rumour said it was pushed out of summer to launch during the fall, so an announcement around E3 seems like a logical sequentie of events.

LordKano

Exactly my thoughts as well. X and Y didn't have a third iteration so it can be safe to assume Sun/Moon wont either.

Great news regardless. I really hope they make a true Pokemon rpg for the Switch. Would sell like crazy.

But Stars is supposed to be the third iteration of Sun/Moon, according to Eurogamer.

Clov

An RPG from Game Freak? Do you guys think this is some sort of Click Medic sequel? I guess Sony's rights to it finally lasped!

ash_ag

So, at least that game is 3 years away from now. We might get Stars in november as cross-platform for 3DS&Switch (or maybe not even for Switch, just 3DS) and then no pokémon games until 2020.

They wouldn't skip two years in a row with no release, and this generation will likely get a second game regardless of Stars. A remake of an older game (or perhaps some sort of sequel featuring an old region) is likely for 2018. Stars may start setting the stage for Switch, but I'd say that a full transition won't happen until Gen 8. The second Gen 7 game will probably also be crossplatform between 3DS and Switch.

I'm curious if they'll release GSC on the Virtual Console. It seems that Nintendo may have dropped VC in its current form with Switch, so I hope they take the opportunity to release Gen 2 on 3DS.

Cartho

I'm thinking STARS will be on Switch but pretty much just an up port of sun / moon.

This is likely for Gen 8, which will probably be Switech exclusive and built from the ground up for it.

I can't believe STARS isn't coming to switch. Nintendo would be pissed if they had to wait till 2019 ish to get Pokemon on there.

Galava

If I may correct, Eurogamer said Stars is supposed to be a Switch-exclusive.

If it's switch exclusive I'd expect switch themed pokémon bundles and full amiibo support with a late november release.

But seems weird that they are skipping on all that "3ds market" that will not buy a switch yet.

Top Bottom