• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Switch April Nintendo Direct Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly on 4chan. Incredible stuff if true

Nintendo Direct 4.1.2017

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD
A remaster of the GameCube classic for Nintendo Switch. In addition to bringing back the features fans loved about the original, some things are tweaked and balanced, like the back tracking in Twilight Town. The game is scheduled for release in October.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo Switch
A port of Mario Maker is coming to Switch with the Wii U features intact. This includes Amiibo support, Costume Mario, and uploading levels to Course World. A couple new course features are introduced as well, like slopes.

Breath of the Wild DLC
Gameplay is shown of the Cave of Trails, which was announced back in February. The new feature in the map shows players when enemy camps are nearby.

Splatoon 2
A new trailer is shown detailing the game's story mode. Agent 3 must defend Inkopolis from the Octarians as they invade Inkopolis and try to steal back the Great Zapfish. Bill also talks about the game's ranked modes, which include the returning Splat Zones and Tower Control, along with a new mode. In addition, all 3 modes can be selected separately at any time, and are not tied to a time rotation like the stages. The game will also be compatible with the Splatoon series of Amiibo, and the Amiibo challenges from the first game are returning.
>>
Anonymous 03/27/17(Mon)11:02:50 No.371959503▶>>371959715 >>371959986 >>371962012 >>371962506 >>371962763 >>371962872
Virtual Console
Virtual Console will be starting up soon. NES and SNES titles are planned to start being released in May. Gamecube Games are indeed coming to the Virtual Console. Certain games that required Analog Triggers will have the option to configure the shoulder buttons to indicate a light, or full press. For example, pressing R will indicate a light press, or ZR will indicate a full press. Super Smash Bros. Melee will be available in early June, with Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash coming in late June.

Indie Games
Bill passes it over to Damon Baker, who announces release dates for some of the Indie Games described in the Indie Presentation back in February. Runner 3 will launch on October 12th, SteamWorld Dig 2 will launch on June 8th, Overcooked: Special Edition will launch on May 18th, Stardew Valley will release on July 13th, and Shakedown Hawaii will release on April 6th.

Ever Oasis
Damon them pases it back to Bill to talks about upcoming 3DS games. This section starts with talking about Ever Oasis, which releases on June 8th.

Lady Layton
Lady Layton is coming to the US, and is planned for a 2018 release date.

Fire Emblem Echoes
Details on the special edition of the game are given, as well as a deeper look into the game's world, and what the Alm and Celica Amiibo do. The Amiibo can allow you to summon certain characters from past Fire Emblem titles to add to your party. You can also scan previously released Amiibo of FE characters and add them.

ARMS
The direct ends with the new trailer for ARMS. It details the game's story mode, and announces 4 new characters. The game releases on May 29th.

There is nothing Smash Bros. related in this direct. Not even the 3 remaining Amiibo. Don't get your hopes up.

SOURCE: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/371959439#371959439

Paper Mario would be awesome if true, never got a chance to play that one.

Edit: Searched and didn't see this listed anywhere. Mods if inappropriate or double post please lock. Thanks all :)

kennyamr

Happy April...Direct day!

Knowing Nintendo though and their amazing marketing techniques, I can see them having a Direct that day just to confuse people, making them think that's it's a joke after all.

Platy

And no nintendo direct would say "so we fixed the backtrack on this part" as a bonus feature for a game

Chase17

Even though this is surely fake, it does remind me that there was a Direct on April Fools a couple years ago lol

maxcriden

Oddly 4chan has gotten stuff like this right at times but I'll take it with a chunk of ore-blasted rock salt. I'd be surprised not to see Pikmin 3DS in the next 3DS-mentioning Direct.

Pajamas

Aside the fact that its got a date of April Fools Day, its also on a Saturday. They'd never do a Direct on a Saturday. No one's at work and the market is closed.

Stopdoor

Mario Maker getting slopes makes it a super easy fake. Only hardcore fans care about that.
Watch me eat crow.

"The new feature in the map shows players when enemy camps are nearby."

That's seriously the best they'd advertise for DLC... ? No imagination, c'mon.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
nintendo has infact had a april fools direct actually that was played completely straight

BasilZero

That first game should be a hint on this not being true....

(Here is hoping it is ;p even though I beat the GameCube ver just last year l0l)

Hope this is fake. In Breath of The Wild I dont give a fuck if an enemy camp is nearby...
I want to climb in the rain and not be interrupted by the blood moon and be able to quick drop/take weapons and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom