• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.11 released

RAWRferal

Seems to be both Switch and Wii U with many Switch users reporting framerate improvements in previous trouble spots.

Anyone notice any other improvements?

Size: 167MB

*AHEM* Patch "notes" can be found here (Don't waste a click)

Version 1.1.1
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Be courteous, no spoilers here please. Tag basically anything, you know how sensitive people can be :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm undocked and I'd definitely getting less dips in the Korok Forest.

Gonna try the Plateau.

FingerBang

Interesting. I have been playing the game undocked most of the time so slowdowns don't really bother me. Lookin forward to DF's report.

RAWRferal

Anyone spot any other additions/changes besides performance? I want a drop and sort button in the quick menus :(

Why no patch notes Nintendo??

Persona7

Banned
Going to need hard evidence after that wifi debacle where users were claiming disabling wifi improved the framerate significantly.

If anyone has been able to reliably reproduce the multiple successive Blood Moon glitch, that might be a place to start. I think it may be related to zoning into areas where the Blood Moon occurs but doesn't trigger a respawn, but didn't test this thoroughly myself.

FZZ

Banned
Are reviewers who complained about this gonna update their scores or nah

If the frame rate improvement is true ofc

LMFAO

Spinifex

Going to need hard evidence after that wifi debacle where users were claiming disabling wifi improved the framerate significantly.

K
orok
Forest for me beforehand even in portable mode was almost a constant 20fps. It's a locked 30 now.

Dremorak

Banned
Can comfirm framerate improvements across the board. I've tried first village
kakariko
and the area next to the old man at the start where the main drops happened, both seem solid 30fps to me. maybe one short drop near old man

Iolo

So is this auto install on Wii U? Didn't see any messages when starting it up a few minutes ago, and don't want to reboot yet to check the title screen

Regginator

Already beaten it after 105 hours, but very interested to see if the performance in towns is improved on the Wii U, especially in K
orok
F
orest
. It was already bad in K
akariko
V
illage
and H
ateno
V
illage
, but K
orok
F
orest
really felt like sub-15 fps.

If anyone has been able to reliably reproduce the multiple successive Blood Moon glitch, that might be a place to start. I think it may be related to zoning into areas where the Blood Moon occurs but doesn't trigger a respawn, but didn't test this thoroughly myself.
Is the glitch is when you have the blood moon more than once in one night? That just happened to me. I wasn't in a good area for that to happen neither. :(

ZeoVGM

Banned
Already beaten it after 105 hours, but very interested to see if the performance in towns is improved on the Wii U, especially in K
orok
F
orest
. It was already bad in K
akariko
V
illage
and H
ateno
V
illage
, but K
orok
F
orest
really felt like sub-15 fps.

This seems like an unnecessarily complicated way of doing spoiler tags.

RAWRferal

K
orok
Forest for me beforehand even in portable mode was almost a constant 20fps. It's a locked 30 now.

That area has a shit load of grass, so this should be a sign of good things to come in other trouble spots as areas with lots of grass combined with other effects are usually the worst culprits for FPS drops...

Cerium

Seems to be both Switch and Wii U with many Switch users reporting framerate improvements in previous trouble spots.

I'm undocked and I'd definitely getting less dips in the Korok Forest.

tumblr_ni9vsz0Da11s2wio8o1_500.gif

Well. This is good news for when I decide to 100% (All Shrines/Armors/Memories and Dungeons) the game again when Hard Mode drops.

Playing this on Wii U is *rough*. If you think it's bad on Switch.... Wooooowee. Lemme show you something.

Dremorak

Banned
Just tested k
orok
forest as well. solid 30 in handheld with a slight drop when you run through the middle. Docked has a few more drops, but waaaay better than before. Actually hits 30 for about half of it :)

Literally beat the game 5 minutes ago and this happens

a few days ago for me, but this still stings if its true. Some of the worst lag ive seen in a big budget game in recent times in some areas.

Well. This is good news for when I decide to 100% (All Shrines/Armors/Memories and Dungeons) the game again when Hard Mode drops.

Playing this on Wii U is *rough*. If you think it's bad on Switch.... Wooooowee. Lemme show you something.

thought the framerate was comparable on both, just that switch was slightly better resolution?

phanphare

Banned
framerate in a certain forest area seems better. I still got some drops but it definitely seemed better. so that's cool.

Are reviewers who complained about this gonna update their scores or nah

If the frame rate improvement is true ofc

10.5/10

Steiner

Banned
Someone ought to test knocking a moblin over. That was also a 100% repeatable huge frame skip / drop.

Can't confirm docked. I would definitely hope so.

It's when docked that the drops were at their worst. Also around the first
Great Fairy
. Has anyone tried those areas? I guess I could get off my toosh and load it up.

Top Bottom