• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[APRIL FOOLS] Nintendo Announces Crazy Galaxy: Feat Ashley from Wario Ware

bomblord1

Banned
I figure this qualifies for "high effort" considering there was (apparently? honestly can't a video of it and I don't have a Japanese 3DS) a fake badge center mini-direct for it.

tumblr_onp51eQSLV1s2z1y6o3_r1_1280.jpg

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/159048366649

Game is Fake the badge center badges are real

Baito announces a new game - Crazy Galaxy!

It's 01 April in Japan and Collectible Badge Center has been updated accordingly with the new game Crazy Galaxy revealed in a special Badge Center Direct! No platform at presents but pictures and characters detailed below...

Crazy Galaxy stars five students who are attending astronaut school. Everyone except Ashley is a new character.

The five are blown to the end of the universe due to an accident during spaceship practice. Here they must encounter aliens and they must fight or become friends with them and return to earth!

tumblr_inline_onp4ggErem1rmjx4g_400.jpg

Coco-san is the first character and is in charge of cooking.

tumblr_inline_onp4j4E9AB1rmjx4g_400.jpg

Anna is in charge of mechanics and is re-modeling a car-like spaceship!

tumblr_inline_onp4lprcA21rmjx4g_400.jpg

Claudia is in charge of battling with the aliens!

tumblr_inline_onp4nhrTGE1rmjx4g_400.jpg

Vanessa has a megaphone-style gun and talks with the aliens!

tumblr_inline_onp4p3tG2I1rmjx4g_400.jpg

Ashley has changed the staff to the guitar. Baito reiterates that female fighters are scary!

Crazy Galaxy however isn't scheduled for release until the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Baito then comes clean that it is just (like Fire Emblem: Battle of Revolution earlier today) an April Fool. But: ”Well, it may be true if you believe!? Today may be the beginning of the legend!"

Badges there are six panels in total: one for each girl and one for the logo and aliens! There's free plays too all week (until 7 April).

Direct Stills

I'll be honest this sounds like something I would definitely be into and I want it to turn into a reality. It looks incredibly cute.

Opa-Pa

They even made Ko draw alll that concept art.

Thank god they went for this and not for something Metroid-related, otherwise a lot of people would be out to get their heads (myself included) lol.

MTC100

Banned
That's a lot of effort for April Fools, those character designs area really nice

Sometimes I think game companies are using April 1st to check if people find the ideas interesting enough. I remember that Pandaren April fool from Blizzard many years ago and they made a whole addon out of it eventually...

Somnid

What is the relationship with Ashley and badge arcade/3DS themes? She and Nikki seem to get a lot of attention there.

Boney

Banned
Takeuchi must've loved working on these. But boy everything about this seems so awesome.

What is the relationship with Ashley and badge arcade/3DS themes? She and Nikki seem to get a lot of attention there.

females

It's hilarious to me that all these game companies making april fools games KNOW what games people want so they-re making jokes out of them. But if they know thats what the people want then why the hell not just make the games!?!?!?!?!?

They just want the internet to create a bunch of fan art for these new characters. Once they see the large amount of fan art , Nintendo will come out and make some small eshop only game and everyone will praise them

YA NOT FOOLING ME NINTENDO

I do think there is a chance just a very tiny one

It's funny how the badges are always extremely super Japanese oriented, lol. Whenever I go in there, it's always stuff like Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, Ashley, Nikki, etc.

It's hilarious to me that all these game companies making april fools games KNOW what games people want so they-re making jokes out of them. But if they know thats what the people want then why the hell not just make the games!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know that I'd put this on the same level and indie devs joking about porting their game to new platforms. I feel like "ashley gets her own game set in outer space with a cast of bizarrely-well-done anime kids" meets the minimum amount of ridiculousness to work as a joke.

it'd still be awesome if this turns into a real game one day though.

Fancolors

Ah, another cruel joke from a Japanese developer.

Sometimes I wonder if there is a dev who desperately wants to see these ideas coming true, and April fools is their last ditch effort to gauge interest.

I would pay for that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It always hurts when the April fools joke is something you've wanted for years.

Ashley is such a great character but she's kept as a minor role in a minor series. She could be bigger than Wario. This is the second major tease after that Smash Bros mii outfit. They've also made a few 3DS themes for her so it's not like they don't know people like her.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
There seems to be a ton of Ashley badges in Badge Arcade. (There was an Ashley X Link, Ashley X MH one recently.) As someone who thought she always deserved more than just being a B-Tier character, it makes me wonder.

Yukinari

There seems to be a ton of Ashley badges in Badge Arcade. (There was an Ashley X Link, Ashley X MH one recently.) As someone who thought she always deserved more than just being a B-Tier character, it makes me wonder.

Ashley has an assist trophy, a ton of badges in badge arcade, her own game in Game&Wario and her own mii outfit.

Its obvious shes the most popular character in Warioware which is a shame cause i honestly prefer Jimmy or 9-volt

Top Bottom