• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shannon Woodward (Westworld) playing a character in The Last of Us Part II

DKHF

https://twitter.com/shannonwoodward/status/850391334959554560

C80yZ9_UMAAbNZW.jpg

I am embarrassingly over-excited here because I'm peaking. @Neil_Druckmann is letting me act in The Last Of Us:part II .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Woodward

So if they're doing mocap now, does that give us any type of estimate to when they could be done? 2018? She was okay in westworld, wonder who she'll play.

chefbags

Druckmann looking more and more like vandal savage. Or Jesus. Take your pick. Either way he's here to bless us once again lol.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
She'll make a very emotive clicker. I can feel the anguish at her lost humanity coming through the way she clicks her teeth.

Druckmann looking more and more like vandal savage. Or Jesus. Take your pick. Either way he's here to bless us once again lol.

Vandal Jesus

Druckmann strikes again

If they're already doing mocap, they're pretty far into development right?

They've been doing mocap since December, at least. Not sure it means anything, other then the games in active development.

I'm not expecting this to take that long though. We know a decent chunk of Uncharted 4 was scrapped during production. I doubt that will happen here.

Endo Punk

This game! Cannot wait. The supporting cast was incredible in the first one, I expect it will be as good if not betterhere. Druckmann knows how to write interesting characters.

So if they're doing mocap now, does that give us any type of estimate to when they could be done? 2018? She was okay in westworld, wonder who she'll play.
Two years, slightly educated guess. That means it's written and work will have been done on the models etc, but there's no way it's within a year.

RuhRo

Shannon is wonderful. She's a real gamer, by the way - she's been playing Zelda Switch on the Last of Us mocap set between takes!

[Potential spoiler redacted - apologies for anyone who found that too revealing. I haven't seen the script, and it was a very general characterization.]

D i Z

I haven't seen her in anything since The Riches because I haven't caught up on West World. I liked her work in that.

Shannon is wonderful. She's a real gamer, by the way - she's been playing Zelda Switch on the Last of Us mocap set between takes!

Passing comments from people involved in the project have given me the impression that she's playing Ellie's love interest, but I have specifically avoided pressing for details, because who wants to spoil that?

Erm... You?

Rixxan

Passing comments from people involved in the project have given me the impression that she's playing Ellie's love interest, but I have specifically avoided pressing for details, because who wants to spoil that?

Rofl

You can't possibly be this blind to irony

TissueBox

*spits out water*

Um well, that's... quite the news to us!! Don't know how authentic your connections are but if true it sounds like she's playing a fairly meaningful role. I feel like I've been spoiled now though, lol.

Edit: I mighta been taken for a fool but regardless, can't stop my speculating brain now. >_<

DKHF

Er...

Charamiwa

Banned

I think you just did.

Icolin

Banned

....lol.

Audioboxer

lol, 10/10.

Manu

If you did this on purpose you shoud be banned.

Hell, if you did it accidentally you should be banned too.

Top Bottom