• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare's 'Destiny-style' new IP will be revealed at E3 and may be called Dylan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberia

BioWare's mysterious new IP is reportedly a sci-fi game influenced by Destiny and Tom Clancy's The Division which will include co-op play and MMO elements. The project, first teased in 2014, is also apparently called Dylan, though that may be a codename.

The news comes from Liam Robertson, a journalist known best for his work with the excellent Did You Know Gaming? and Unseen 64. He reveals the new information, which he says he is "100% sure" about, on his Patreon podcast.

Only backers of Robertson's Patreon can listen to the podcast. We weren't backers prior to this story, but backed so we could hear his comments in full.

"They've been quiet about what their new IP is for a good while," Robertson says. "This is a project that's been in development for around four years, it's currently set to be revealed at E3 2017... I don't know if they've said this publicly, it's set to come out next year.

"It's name right now is 'Dylan' - there's no other way to say it right now, it's Dylan, as in Bob Dylan. I believe that relates to the main character."

Robertson admits he's not 100% sure if Dylan is a codename or not, saying that he's known the project to be called for this for some four years, since he first learned of its existence.

"Dylan is, from what I understand, a sci-fi themed game, it is sort of Destiny-style, takes some elements from The Division, it has like MMO elements. Someone described it as a 'semi-MMO'. I don't know much more than that... it is a huge scale project, perhaps the biggest BioWare has ever done. It's bigger than Mass Effect Andromeda, considerably so. It will have co-op.

"From what I understand... I'm not 100% sure on this part... all the rest I am 100% sure on. It's like, triple sourced, rock solid information. This is the part where it gets a little sketchy as I've only heard this from one artist who's working on it.

"[He/She] says that the main character is this sort of like gorgeous Adonis and there is a female character as well - I'm not sure if you can play as her - but she's more schlubby looking and those are the two main characters."

BioWare Austin is currently working on Star Wars games according to comments Robertson made earlier in the podcast. The third studio, BioWare Montreal, recently released Mass Effect Andromeda and will be continuing to support that.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/biowares-d...dly-debut-e3-2017-may-be-called-dylan-1616371

Staf

Well that's an awful name.

But when i think about it, Dylan was my favorite character on Beverly Hills.

zANi4g.gif

ggx2ac

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that EA is chasing the Destiny audience like when they chased the CoD audience.

The only​ question is if it will succeed especially when it's coming up against Destiny 2.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Again, we're not going with Liam Robertson rumors due to past inaccuracies. If a more consistent and reputable source (Eurogamer, Kotaku...) confirms this report, feel free to repost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom