• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAYDAY 2 will launch on Nintendo Switch later this year

Never would have thought about that being ported, but now it's announced it seems like a really good fit. Will definitely buy if I can get a few friends to also get it to play local multiplayer.

Eolz

Really didn't expect that!
Might buy it depending on the features. Looked good enough to me.
edit: man some people seem really sour on it. Really liked it on PC.

Hazzuh

but-why.gif

Bizarre, I'd be interested if they were going to keep it updated and there was a way to play Switch games online outside of the house without tethering to a phone.

So I'm not interested.

cHinzo

Pretty old port. It's gonna be dead without crossplay and doesn't the game have like €200 of DLC lol? I enjoyed the game though when it came out. Payday was fun in co-op until they put the pay2win items in and ruined the stealth.

A late ass port is just dumb

Why didn't companies have games ready for now, like namco museum said summer? lol it's just arcade titles made ages ago

No other version has local multiplayer, right? It's still a popular game, makes sense to port it to the console with the best support for local multiplayer.

wildfire

Banned
In the Direct thread a few people complained that Payday devs don't update their console games. How bad is it? I was actually interested in the short burst of play nature of Payday.

Said it in the other thread but Ilove Payday2, put in 600hrs on pc, and heavily suggest you never buy a console port from Overkill. Universally garbage.

In the Direct thread a few people complained that Payday devs don't update their console games. How bad is it? I was actually interested in the short burst of play nature of Payday.

Really really bad, their ports are simply cash grabs and they leave it out to die once they're released.

What updates are people expecting? It's four years old, presumably it'll come with a bunch of the content released since then and then I wouldn't really expect anything after that.

schaft0620

I had a very difficult time playing with friends during the Splatoon test, no desire to play a game like this on the Switch.

Do not buy this. The other console ports are messed up beyond belief, and Overkill has consistently dropped support for them after they were released.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, don't buy this. What they did with other console versions is inexcusable.

What updates are people expecting? It's four years old, presumably it'll come with a bunch of the content released since then and then I wouldn't really expect anything after that.
The game still gets very constant new content updates on PC.

> Third Party Support

> Payday 2

...oh dear. I feel sorry for Switch owners.

To be fair I don't really think Payday 2 is the sort of 3rd Party Support that Nintendo are particularly big on either- I mean, they basically announced it with a 15 second clip in a Direct.

This is almost as weird as the rumored LA Noire port.

Like...why.

I'd play that again tbh, I really liked that game.

Top Bottom