• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: WWII Reveal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
call-207953.png

Reveal Trailer

https://youtu.be/D4Q_XYVescc

Livestream Links:

Call Of Duty: WWII Official Site: https://www.callofduty.com/wwii

Twitch TV:
https://m.twitch.tv/callofduty?desktop-redirect=true

Polygon:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/26/15422952/call-of-duty-wwii-livestream

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY

Synopsis

So there we have it - could this possibly be the best World War II game ever?

What are your thoughts on the return to WWII for Call Of Duty?

Let the discussion begin :)

call-duty-wwii-now-officially-announced-details-inside.jpg

Swiggins

Looking forward to the reveal, hopefully it'll be an international affair taking bits and pieces from the best of the Pacific, European and North African theaters.

Also...controversial opinion...I really hope we get a German campaign or at least a level...

dc89

As long as it's true WW2 and doesn't have any kind of twist im in. I've been wanting a WW2 game for quite a while, the futuristic warfare stuff has gone on for far too long and I've not played a CoD game in years for that reason.

I wonder if they are going to use the correct Thompson in the game. All we have seen up till now is the gangster style variant.

AmyS

I'm in.

It's about time Call of Duty Was Made WWII Again.

No more Sci-Fi / Space / Futuristic Nonsense.

Finally back where it and the name belongs.

I'm in.

It's about time Call of Duty Was Made WWII Again.

No more Sci-Fi / Space / Futuristic Nonsense.

Quoted for truth ;)

I wonder if they are going to use the correct Thompson in the game. All we have seen up till now is the gangster style variant.

Yeah I'm hoping to see the Thompson M1A1 in the game as well as the variant that they're showing in the leaked screenshots. Personally, I prefer the Thompson M1A1.

venom2124

Cod is back where it belongs. Give me my kar98k, stg44, mg42, ppsh, svt40, and all the rest of the classics. But especially my world at war super overpowered mp40.
Just playing with the last one. Sort of.

Might be the first COD I pickup on the PS4, please be good. So tired of all the futuristic BS so going back to WW2 has been refreshing news for me.

VertPin

H Y P E.

I hope this game is as garbage fun, and as epic as MW2. Not even joking. Bring back broken weapons, and have the story go all out.

Can't wait to be shot in the back after spawning while blasting rack city by Tyga.

Tagyhag

Wish they would do "What if" scenarios.

That's the one thing missing from whenever these games do historical times.

bosseye

Very interested in the SP part, but I thought the MP stuff in the last CoD was awful.

Also I've been playing a lot of BF1 which to me is the pinnacle of World War MP action, so CoD MP will be judged against this benchmark.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm hopeful, but AW (especially multiplayer) felt janky to me in a lot of ways, especially weapon feel and balance. Sound design was another. Several of the guns used the exact same firing sound, and often times that firing sound wasn't good to begin with (looking at you Atlas 45).

So here's to hoping that SHG has stepped it up a bit in those departments. Maybe not having to handle last gen will help.

Hip Hop

Hopefully we get to see gameplay and multiplayer this time around if those tweets are any hints.

And honestly, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do so. They need all the hype they can receive now, the series desperately needs it.

Sledgehammer has a lot of good ideas and Advanced Warfare was easily the most unique Call of Duty game since the first Black Ops. It had elements from Unreal Tournament, Titanfall, and Battlefield. Probably why most of the fanbase hated it. It was still Call of Duty, but it was so different from any other entry in the franchise and still is. I'm hoping we get another really good shakeup with this one.

Crumpo

Do we have the link for the livestream reveal yet? I got emailed a YT link to embed but obviously the video is not yet available...I was wondering if Acti had made any links public and I can share...

JimiNutz

Banned
With the exception of COD4 I've only ever played WWII COD games. For me it's a WWII franchise and I'm really excited to see what they can do with a modern graphics engine in a WWII setting!

Glass

Last COD I bought was MW2, but my hype for this one has appeared out of nowhere. Would be amazing if this could take the franchise full circle back to where it started.

deleted

Have platforms leaked yet? Interested to see if this will make the Switch, considering that Activision was on the Wii/U with this franchise.

Aurelius

It's been a very, very long time since I've been hyped for a Call of Duty game. So glad they are going back to WW2.

illamap

What are we expecting? Just a trailer, or a trailer and stuff from the campaign and multiplayer?

Usually they just show campaign trailer, but they have mentioned modes as well and they are hyping more as well as organizing reveal event for these one so who knows.

Exciting, tho slightly concerned that the MP will end up looking a lot like this:

C-SBGfvUIAENhrO.jpg
Let them have their colors.
To me they are easy sniping targets XD

Hyped for the campaign. Infinite Warfare was too good. And I enjoyed Advance Warfare. Can't speak about BO3 since I haven't touched it due to reception. But so far COD is 2 out 3 in their campaigns for me this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom