• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Smart Device, IP and Pokémon Go income for FY3/2017, huge increase YoY

ggx2ac

Smart Device, IP related income: ¥24.25 billion or $218 million for the 12 months ended FY3/2017

Compared to the previous year it was ¥5,734 million or $51.5 million, that's roughly a 4.2x increase year over year.

Nintendo's earnings share from Pokémon Go and other entities:
Share of profit of entities accounted for using equity method: ¥20,271 million or $182.2 million for the 12 months ended FY3/2017

Compared to the previous year it was ¥1,887 million or ~$17 million, that's roughly a 10.7x increase year over year.

Source​: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

This relates to Nintendo's mobile games and Pokémon Go.

Nintendo's mobile games has earned them as much money as Pokémon Go. This is due to Pokémon Go being owned by the Pokémon Company so Nintendo only earns a share of it.

Estimates of Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Echoes at Post #5

Smart Device, IP related income: ¥24.25 billion or $218 million for the 12 months ended FY3/2017

Compared to the previous year it was ¥5,734 million or $51.5 million, that's roughly a 4.2x increase year over year.

Nintendo's earnings share from Pokémon Go and other entities:
Share of profit of entities accounted for using equity method: ¥20,271 million or $182.2 million for the 12 months ended FY3/2017

Compared to the previous year it was ¥1,887 million or ~$17 million, that's roughly a 10.7x increase year over year.

Source​: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

This relates to Nintendo's mobile games and Pokémon Go.

Nintendo's mobile games has earned them as much money as Pokémon Go. This is due to Pokémon Go being owned by the Pokémon Company so Nintendo only earns a share of it.

Not too shabby. I'm curious about their plans for Animal Crossing on mobile.

ggx2ac

Not too shabby. I'm curious about their plans for Animal Crossing on mobile.

If it's not using gacha, it's not going to make much money.

According to Mochizuki: https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/857504190079180800

Super Mario Run has been downloaded 150 million times, while Fire Emblem Heroes has been downloaded at less than 1/10 that amount but made more revenue.

Assuming Super Mario Run still has a 5% conversion rate, Super Mario Run has only made $75 million in revenue.

So with the remaining $210.5 million in Smart Device, IP income. Fire Emblem Heroes is responsible for that and it could be way higher.

Okay, in their last quarter. Nintendo made ¥10,683 million in Smart Device, IP related income. that increased to the ¥24,250 figure now.

That's roughly a $121.8 million increase over the quarter. Fire Emblem Heroes made somewhere up to that amount.

SalvaPot

If it's not using gacha, it's not going to make much money.

According to Mochizuki: https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/857504190079180800

Super Mario Run has been downloaded 150 million times, while Fire Emblem Heroes has been downloaded at less than 1/10 that amount but made more revenue.

Assuming Super Mario Run still has a 5% conversion rate, Super Mario Run has only made $7.5 million in revenue.

So with the remaining $210.5 million in Smart Device, IP income. Fire Emblem Heroes is responsible for that and it could be as high as $150 million.

So I'm only estimating Fire Emblem Heroes made $150 million in revenue while Super Mario Run made $7.5 million in revenue.

I can see it working like Miitomo. But with actual characters and a town with stuff to do. You can buy clothes, furniture, Nintendo collectibles. You could work for the in-game curency OR just drop money.

Add a lottery element like the cookies in New Leaf aaand $$$$.

ggx2ac

I screwed up my calculations.

Last quarter Super Mario Run made around $39 million by estimate.

This quarter we're estimating it went up to $75 million due to 150 million downloads with a 5% conversion rate.

So it's possible that Fire Emblem Heroes made somewhere up to $85.8 million in the current quarter.

Out of the $218 million for Smart Device, IP related income.

An estimate of $75 million was from Super Mario Run while an estimate of $85.8 million was from Fire Emblem Heroes which only released recently.

That leaves around $50 million from IP related earnings and probably Miitomo.

Top Bottom