• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout goes gold

Playing wipEout 2048 on the Vita right now and it's legit, underwhelming soundtrack aside. It'll be interesting to see how much improved it is in its remastered state.

Occam

It's great that this way Wipeout 2048 is getting a 60fps console port.
Hope it does well and convinces Sony to somehow continue the series in the future.

omegasteelzkua7.png

Can't wait!

meppi

XExyHDB.gif

Playing wipEout 2048 on the Vita right now and it's legit, underwhelming soundtrack aside. It'll be interesting to see how much improved it is in its remastered state.

I've got a feeling that 60fps might help this one quite a bit.
So far it's my least favourite one after Fusion. It's a very busy game and combined with the dirty look it made things barely playable when shit hit the fan, certainly in cockpit view.

Absolutely cannot wait.

We need to support this release in the hopes that it will lead to a brand-new entry into this legendary series.

Here's hoping for a 'Origins DLC' pack with remastered PSOne tracks down the line.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I want those 4 pre order themes I saw somewhere. Think it might have been the UK. Shits me how things like that are locked behind region and store exclusivity.

Fuckers.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Agent X

I've been awaiting this game ever since it was announced. Just a few weeks to go until it's in my hands!

Skyzard

Banned
GAF please buy this so we can get a new Wipeout

I don't have a PS4 (because no new wipeout) but was thinking of buying this anyway so we get more Wipeout and for my collection...But they closed Sony Liverpool so... I'm leaning towards passing out of principle right now.

I'm sure it would be cool, and if I had a PS4 I'd likely jump in. But I'll live without, got a Vita, got PS3. Can't just let it slide that they shut down SL.

Bumhead

Banned
I'm hearing the soundtrack isn't great... Too bad, I hope one day we will have something like Wipeout 2097...

With the exception of Cold Storage, most of the individual tracks and artists from classic Wipeout games are available on Spotify. Should be easy to rectify.

I've been working on a Spotify playlist for a while, which has wormed its way back into my general day to day rotation as I've been tweaking it. There's a collectively put together GAF playlist as well, which I'm sure someone will be kind enough to link (my shitty work browser won't let me search GAF for it)

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

AudioEppa

Over the last few years it has been one of those IPs that keeps coming up in a "bring it back" discussion. I wonder how well this collection has to sell in order to bring life to a brand new game. It's not something I'm buying because I didn't care for it back then. But hopefully the turn out is good.

If it's anything like Gravity Rush Remastered it will benefit greatly from the improved framerate and the vastly superior controller.

Widge

I'm hearing the soundtrack isn't great... Too bad, I hope one day we will have something like Wipeout 2097...

I tried to google it:

"Pilot your favourite ships to killer tunes from Swedish House Mafia, Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy."

Thing is. WIpeout's soundtrack was always so outstandingly current. Now the line up sounds so dated. Should be crammed with stuff like Objekt, Call Super, Planetary Assault Systems...

I seem to remember they had Sasha as a musical director on the original. Could use that touch again.

freefornow

Gold Member
June feeling like a lifetime away:(
If it's gone gold they could release this on PSN now couldnt they?
Please!!!

ethomaz

Banned
A new WipEout game I will love.

But a remaster that didn't add plaything to replay (I have Platinum'ed this fucking hard game) won't get in my radar :(.

Said that for these that never played it... IT IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Recommended.

Falchion

Nice, and the release is pretty good timing for all the people that'll be coming off of their Mario Kart high, looking for more arcade racing action.

Curufinwe

Sony XDev Europe tweeted you get a dynamic theme for pre-ordering on PSN, and there's another bonus for going digital - Van Uber.

Seems like a good game to have on my hard drive so I'll just get it digitally.

Top Bottom