• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pipes clogged with condoms lead police to prostitution ring

johnsmith

remember me
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-they-got-suspicious/?utm_term=.27cbbb21bf46

“I was like, ‘you’ve got to be kidding me,’”Austin police Human Trafficking and Vice Unit Sgt. Kevin Covington told the Austin American-Statesman. “It’s not the normal tip you would get, or lead you would get on a place committing criminal activity, but it happened, so that helped us out.”

Police affidavits stated that the tip came when the property manager “became aware of a problem when an industrial waste disposal unit connecting the property to city sewer services became clogged and destroyed by hundreds of condoms.”

Someone was having a lot of sex. Police knew that much for sure.

Jade Massage Therapy, located in a strip mall on the edge of town, was already under investigation in February, when the property manager called police to report the discovery, according to affidavits reviewed by KXAN-TV.

Not exactly facing a “Columbo”-caliber mystery, investigators suspected the parlor owners were running a prostitution ring.

On Tuesday, after pinning down a few more pieces of evidence, they acted on that suspicion.

Joseph Emery, 54, and Juan Wang, 49, the husband and wife who run Jade Massage, were arrested and charged with engaging in organized criminal activity and money laundering, local media reported. It was not clear Tuesday if either had hired an attorney or entered a plea.

Covington told the American-Statesman that the condom-clogged pipe marked something of a turning point in the investigation.

Pro tip for anyone running a seedy massage parlor, just toss them in the trash.

This is what happens when you flush them
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OdmdC0cWFUs

Flush me down the toilet if old

Fuchsdh

Everything about that story is hilariously cliche. The proprietor named Wang. The Eastern massage parlor being called "Jade Massage Therapy".

The best part of the article: the woman was already hosed, it was just a matter of how soon the police would come down on her.

Two days prior, local media reported, transportation officers stopped Wang at Austin Bergstrom International Airport and found roughly $30,000 in cash packed in duct-taped bundles in her luggage. She reportedly claimed the money came from the massage parlor and told officers that she was using it to pay for a medical procedure in China.

jph139

That's just sloppy. Poor business management, really, nevermind the criminality. And smuggling cash taped to your body? Really?

Wait what?

That sounds like a standard rate from what I hear... maybe a bit on the cheap side?

Parch

Flush piss, turds, and a reasonable amount of toilet paper. Nothing else. No condoms, food, tampons. Nothing else. Even if a product says it's flushable, it's not. Flushable wipes are the biggest cause of plumbing problems.

Flush piss, turds, and a reasonable amount of toilet paper. Nothing else. No condoms, food, tampons. Nothing else. Even if a product says it's flushable, it's not. Flushable wipes are the biggest cause of plumbing problems.

this.

Take note gaf. don't learn this the hard way

who flushes condoms!? jesus christ. bad for the environment and bad for your plumbing

thats a great deal if you ask me

You are not aware of the large amount of people that pillage trash for used condoms then use the semen for illegitimate children or framing people for crimes?! Burn them its the only safe method.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Jade Massage Therapy

are u fucking serious right now
Some places really aren't subtle at all.

I've seen a massage place that actually had "happy" in its name, with a logo written in pink with hearts all over the place.

SeanC

64249107.jpg

Kyuur

I have to ask, are these places different down in the US compared to Canada? There are a number of massage places in my city where you can easily tell they sell sex from the sign alone and a quick Google would probably confirm it. Very easy to tell the difference compared to regular massage places.

I have to ask, are these places different down in the US compared to Canada? There are a number of massage places in my city where you can easily tell they sell sex from the sign alone and a quick Google would probably confirm it. Very easy to tell the difference compared to regular massage places.

have never been to a massage place in the US...but there are so many that look extremely seedy and suspicious. you can just tell. you get a vibe from them. the more legit places come across way more professional and legit

My friend lives right by that place and a couple months ago we joked about going there to get "massages". I'm glad we didn't, but I'm surprised it doesn't take longer for police to shut these places down that are obviously offering sex.

Why not? Good male bonding experience.

Hell yeah. theres another sketchy (open till 10pm) massage parlor just a mile west of Jade on Anderson Mill thats next door to a donut shop. Pretty sure both the donut shop and massage parlor are owned by the same Cambodian family. The donuts are great btw

johnsmith

remember me
Hell yeah. theres another sketchy (open till 10pm) massage parlor just a mile west of Jade on Anderson Mill thats next door to a donut shop. Pretty sure both the donut shop and massage parlor are owned by the same Cambodian family. The donuts are great btw

Don't trust the cream filling

Top Bottom