• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Minecraft is a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch"

Cerium

Reminds me of the good old Wii60 days.

MwfRjLU.png
The Verge article he's citing:

You can play Minecraft on just about anything. There are versions of the crafting / survival game on consoles, smartphones, and PC. You can even play it in virtual reality. Each version of the game offers something slightly different; the mobile editions are slimmed down but portable, while on PC and console you have a much bigger, more feature-rich world to explore. But, six years after the game first debuted, Minecraft may have finally found its ideal platform: the Nintendo Switch.

We need more love in this hobby and less hate.

Saw the thread title and thought to myself Even Phil Spencer sounds like a gaffer port begging for the Switch

Nintendo getting this game on the Switch early is smart.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Looks like everyone really does love to love the Switch.

Wedzi

Banned
I think it has a really good chance to be top 3 best selling games life time on Switch.

Maybe Mario Kart and Minecraft 1 and 2.

Hey hey hey, Phil, know what else is perfect for Switch?

Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata, just saying. ;)

Edit: Even if he didn't say that directly, he did choose to tweet it, almost in a way that shows he is agreeing with the phrase. Why would he tweet it that way otherwise?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I think it has a really good chance to be top 3 best selling games life time on Switch.

Maybe Mario Kart and Minecraft 1 and 2.
Pretty sure minecraft will be nr1 🤣🤣🤣

sam12

Hey hey hey, Phil, know what else is perfect for Switch?

Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata, just saying. ;)

Edit: Even if he didn't say that directly, he did choose to tweet it, almost in a way that shows he is agreeing with the phrase. Why would he tweet it that way otherwise?

Nintendo and Microsoft need to work on revitalizing Goldeneye

night814

Switch may be the most versatile system we have had in some time. If devs work hard to get more games on it it will do quite well.

Venom.

Not trolling but... I think Halo would be the perfect fit for PlayStation as it doesn't have its own standout fps.

If Microsoft can see the benefit of Minecraft being multi format why can't they see how profitable it would be to bring the Master Chief franchise to multiple platforms?

FingerBang

Cool, another platform I won't play Minecraft on!

I look at kids around me loving this game and I feel old and clueless.

sam12

Not trolling but... I think Halo would be the perfect fit for PlayStation as it doesn't have its own standout fps.

If Microsoft can see the benefit of Minecraft being multi format why can't they see how profitable it would be to bring the Master Chief franchise to multiple platforms?

because then who would buy the Xbox ??
Halo Gears and Forza are what keep Xbox alive since they shut down literally every other studio or partnership

True Fire

There's a bunch of rhetorical answers, but the boring truth is simply that Minecraft was multiplatform before Microsoft acquired it, and it would be very unorthodox to stop third party support.

Sony does have Resistance, but Insomniac retired from the IP, and Sony giving the Vita game to Nihilistic was an awful idea.

But still, I don't see MS ever supporting Sony directly (I don't think they're that involved with Minecraft on Sony systems, all were made prior to the buyout). They never touched the PSP or Vita despite them making GBA and DS games.

Possibly the only Phil Spencer says thread that can't turn into a dumpster fire.

You underestimate GAF's power.

Lol so true.

Nintendo and Xbox threads most of the time turn into shitshows.

I think this topic should go well, I mean it's nice to see competitors benefiting from one another like this and it's great for the industry we love. I can't see how anyone would turn this thread into shitshow becau-

All those 1st party franchises...

Halo? Dead in the water.

Gears? Past its prime.

Forza? Eh, it's pretty good I guess

Phil Spencer: "Halo is a perfect fit for the Playstation"

"Salesman publicly shills his product"

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

etta

my hard graphic balls
He's just saying what we want to hear.

I think this topic should go well, I mean it's nice to see competitors benefiting from one another like this and it's great for the industry we love. I can't see how anyone would turn this thread into shitshow becau-

Food for ignore list.

You shouldn't be surprised lmao.

Sony threads these days don't turn into shitshows.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Stupid question, but why isn`t Minecraft exclusive to Windows Store and Xbox at this point? It`s not like they are releasing any of their other titles on PS4 and Nintendo.

Top Bottom