• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

jbug617

Banned
Halo developer 343 Industries has confirmed the next mainline entry in Microsoft's sci-fi shooter series won't be at E3 2017.

In a post on reddit, 343 community manager Brian Jarrard (aka sk7ch343) tempered fans' expectations for this year's expo, saying that while the studio will have something at E3, it won't be tied to Halo 6.

"I'll slip into my Dreamcrusher persona for a minute in the name of realistic expectations: We've said this already but we'll have a little something at E3 but it's not related to the next major entry in the franchise," Jarrard said.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/12/halo-6-wont-be-at-e3-2017

It might be DLC for Halo Wars 2.

TM94

Hmmm thought a cinematic reveal would be the closer, I'd guess the little something is a Scorpio patch for 5 and Halo Wars 2?

Thats really good, let Halo breathe a little more so when its inevitably revealed next year the announcement will feel less like "another halo? ok"

Tagyhag

Thats really good, let Halo breathe a little more so when its inevitably revealed next year the announcement will feel less like "another halo? ok"

My feelings as well.

Halo 3 remaster would be neat though, definitely stood out after playing that fantastic revamped Halo 2.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Do XB1 projects require a patch to fully take advantage of Scorpio like PS4P titles do? Perhaps it could be patch announcements for Master Chief Collection and Halo 5.

Gestault

I'm cool with a standalone remaster or some sort of expansion to something like Halo Wars 2. I think a wait will help the public perception of whatever Halo 6 ends up looking like. Sort of like how Gears 4 had a longer break after Judgement, let alone Gears 3, and I think that showed in the more positive reviews and general buzz. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

CyReN

Please please please don't be a Halo 3 map pack for Halo 5 - it didn't work well for Reach and won't here too.

I was hopeful for a teaser and beta date around Scorpio launch, but I'll wait if they're taking their time. For the love of god don't put out a Halo 3 anniversary. Let Halo 5 exist and give some breathing room for the run up to 6.

Madness

Frank already turned Halo 3 Anniversary down, but just imagine 4K/60fps remastered campaign on Scorpio, Blur cutscenes etc. Would have been a great launch title with Scorpio.

I expect a CG teaser trailer for a spinoff style game. Or maybe MCC fixed and re-released for PC/Steam.

Top Bottom