• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Summer Meet up 2017

gaf%20summer%20meet_zpspprq9ftu.png

BritGaf Summer Meet up 2017

What

A coming together of like minded individuals to relax, converse, debate and enjoy the finer things in life.

Or, a piss up in a park with awkward newbies among the core clique, followed by food, cocktails and dancing.

When

Saturday 1st July 2017

Where

The Plan

14:00 Victoria Park
Meet at the Old Ford Road entrance which is to the south of the park and is a 15 minute walk from Mile End Tube station on the Central line or Cambridge Heath station on the Overground.
Bring some booze and we'll hang out in the sunshine for a few hours.

17:00 Mother Clucker
Food time. Located in the Old Truman Brewery off Brick Lane. Nearest station Shoreditch High Street on the Overground 7 minute walk.

18:00 Translate Cafe Bar
Cocktails. On Shoreditch High Street a 15 minute walk from Mother Clucker. Nearest station Shoreditch High Street 8 minute walk or Hoxton 6 minute walk. Table booked.

22:00 Club
Still trying to work this one out, can't find anywhere nearby not playing house/trance/dance shite.

Who

Musha_Soturi
jimbor
zomgbbqftw
Mikeside
mindwipe
CyclopsRock
eggybob
The_Poet
Jerry
Blackthorn
Any Questions
Selfish Pizza
dapperbandit
Theonik
King_Moc
openrob
Morat
7aged
yepyepyep
kiri
BGBW
runlikehell
Jedeye_Sniv
SunhiLegend
pikul
Son of D

Jerry

Oh wow, you guys do a meet? I always imagined gaffers to have crippling social anxiety.

Count me in, mostly for curiosities sake.

7aged

If the weather is nice, Edinboro Castle is a good option. Big beer garden, they even have a barbeque.

Oh wow, you guys do a meet? I always imagined gaffers to have crippling social anxiety.

Nerds seek safety in numbers

Mindwipe

We do, everyone just sits in opposite corners of the pub, arms crossed, eyeing each other suspiciously and longing for human contact.

It's hard to find a bar with enough different corners.

I will go to this.

Awesome. See you there!

Always up for the Monarch but let's stray from 55 this time

Suggestion to where we go instead?

We do, it's a painful experience

I've been feeling like meeting new people recently, add me to the list.

Cool, you're added

If the weather is nice, Edinboro Castle is a good option. Big beer garden, they even have a barbeque.

Good shout, we'll keep it in the possibility list. You coming to this one?

Right. Subbed and aim to be there. Unlike last time when I thought night in question was a week away!

You've got plenty of notice this time! I'll add you to the list

We do, everyone just sits in opposite corners of the pub, arms crossed, eyeing each other suspiciously and longing for human contact.

It's hard to find a bar with enough different corners.

Indeed

Maybe there's a spherical one somewhere.

Roundhouse?

Mikeside

Awesome. See you there!

Suggestion to where we go instead?

We do, it's a painful experience

Cool, you're added

Good shout, we'll keep it in the possibility list. You coming to this one?

You've got plenty of notice this time! I'll add you to the list

Indeed

Roundhouse?

I'm balls deep planning a wedding. I'll let others come up with ideas :p

Hmmm
Sure

Cool you're on the list

Mist likely, yeah. Put me in the maybe's

I'm pretty much coming tbh.

Lad

Same same!

Awesome

I might be in Amsterdam but I'll try and come if not.

You don't know yet? Leaving it a bit late to book a trip if you are going!

I'll come if my schedule is free :)

Likewise you don't know yet? If you already have something planned for that weekend shame but if you don't then what's the problem?

I'm down for this.

Cool

kiri

We are indeed the huddled masses.

Sign me up for this. If you need help organising venues then I'm happy to lend a hand, just PM me as I work in central London.

Ideas; how about downstairs of Bar@1 near Oxford Circus? Slug & Lettuce off Regents St? Further east, there are some great locations on Hoxton Square, or even Loading Bar in Dalston!

JimiNutz

Banned
Surely we should do this at Heart of Gaming???
Food, drinks and plenty of video games! It's in Croydon though so probably not as easy to get to as very central London.

I'll pop down

Cool be good to see you

I can sometimes be bad with dates and overbook things unintentionally. In all likelihood I will be there haha.

Sounds like someone needs a diary

We are indeed the huddled masses.

Sign me up for this. If you need help organising venues then I'm happy to lend a hand, just PM me as I work in central London.

Ideas; how about downstairs of Bar@1 near Oxford Circus? Slug & Lettuce off Regents St? Further east, there are some great locations on Hoxton Square, or even Loading Bar in Dalston!

What's Bar@1 like? I'm not familiar with it. Slug & Lettuce is overpriced crap and I'm not sure they could handle our numbers. I don't think we've really done Hoxton/Shoreditch/Dalston (probably with good reason) but we need a change so could you recommend some good venues there? Somewhere with cocktails is always good and preferably somewhere we can reserve an area. Dancing is also good. I'll check out reserving Loading.

Surely we should do this at Heart of Gaming???
Food, drinks and plenty of video games! It's in Croydon though so probably not as easy to get to as very central London.

Also, it's Croydon.

Are you coming then?

NinjaBoiX

You don't know yet? Leaving it a bit late to book a trip if you are going!
Some mates are going to a festival in Eindhoven, might be swinging by Amsterdam on the way back, if they do, last minute flight out and crash at their hostel innit!

Should know in the next week or two, I'll keep you posted.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Not familiar with it. What's it like? Will they be ok with a large group of lads?
A friend had a birthday there so it should be fine, not sure if they're open to bookings.

It's a bar/club/music venue, geared towards alternative hip-hop/dance/reggae. The only potential issue would be if there's a live performance that night, but looking at their schedule it seems clear.

Also, the manager's a lovely lady who took really good care of a drunk friend of mine, so they're not a throw-you-on-the-street kind of club.

Some mates are going to a festival in Eindhoven, might be swinging by Amsterdam on the way back, if they do, last minute flight out and crash at their hostel innit!

Should know in the next week or two, I'll keep you posted.

You know you'll have a better time with us though

A friend had a birthday there so it should be fine, not sure if they're open to bookings.

It's a bar/club/music venue, geared towards alternative hip-hop/dance/reggae. The only potential issue would be if there's a live performance that night, but looking at their schedule it seems clear.

Also, the manager's a lovely lady who took really good care of a drunk friend of mine, so they're not a throw-you-on-the-street kind of club.

Cool I'll check it out

Oh julyyyy

I read June :|

So are you coming then?

kiri

What's Bar@1 like? I'm not familiar with it. Slug & Lettuce is overpriced crap and I'm not sure they could handle our numbers. I don't think we've really done Hoxton/Shoreditch/Dalston (probably with good reason) but we need a change so could you recommend some good venues there? Somewhere with cocktails is always good and preferably somewhere we can reserve an area. Dancing is also good. I'll check out reserving Loading.

Be At One (020 7499 2440)
Address: 94 Wimpole St, Marylebone, London W1G 0EH

is a fairly decent location with a great selection of drinks + cocktails and has space for all of us + is bookable.

In the Shoreditch/Hoxton area, bar Loading Bar, we could possibly try;

- Zigfrid Von Underbelly
- http://www.hoxtonsquarebar.com/
- The Eagle (http://www.theeaglehoxton.co.uk/)
- http://www.mcqueen-shoreditch.co.uk/
- http://www.wearetbc.com/
- http://www.strongroombar.com/

There are a few - I have plenty more recommendations if these don't tickle your fancy.

Jerry

I hope everyone brings their switches for 8 player mario kart and their other switches for if anyone gets started on.

Creepy

Neat,
I know a thing or two about drinking in parks and throwing mad Archimedean.

I also know an interesting secret "dining" spot in London, I'm sure I could get you in... just don't say anything or look at the guy with the fu manchu.

Don't worry, I'm not really going to turn up.

Bowling at Rowans in Finsbury Park. It's good fun and there's a pretty sizeable arcade. I like it there.

I like Rowans but it's a bit of a dive. Still there is Big Red and the Garage nearby...,

20% chance. Which is better than 0%. I want to move someone around that time and may visit Germany, so it depends on what happens.

<3

Ok

Might be cool.

You knows it

Hopefully it should be quite warm.

Fingers crossed

Be At One (020 7499 2440)
Address: 94 Wimpole St, Marylebone, London W1G 0EH

is a fairly decent location with a great selection of drinks + cocktails and has space for all of us + is bookable.

In the Shoreditch/Hoxton area, bar Loading Bar, we could possibly try;

- Zigfrid Von Underbelly
- http://www.hoxtonsquarebar.com/
- The Eagle (http://www.theeaglehoxton.co.uk/)
- http://www.mcqueen-shoreditch.co.uk/
- http://www.wearetbc.com/
- http://www.strongroombar.com/

There are a few - I have plenty more recommendations if these don't tickle your fancy.

Awesome, I'll check all these out, thank you!

I hope everyone brings their switches for 8 player mario kart and their other switches for if anyone gets started on.

Oh Jerry

Neat,
I know a thing or two about drinking in parks and throwing mad Archimedean.

I also know an interesting secret "dining" spot in London, I'm sure I could get you in... just don't say anything or look at the guy with the fu manchu.

Don't worry, I'm not really going to turn up.

Why would we worry? I have no idea who you are

Chinner

Banned
No agenda, I'm just a weirdo, don't mind me...
I'll be leaving the country in mid June and i'm not entirely sure if i'll be back on time... so no, not yet.

want to meet at mcdonalds? i've got a couple of fidget spinners and we can have a right laugh.

Top Bottom