• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox One vs Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Frame Rate Test

Yoday

Oh god...I forgot how badly the game ran on the 360. Can't believe I managed to finish that game.
I love most of Ubisofts games, but their late gen games ran like crap. Far Cry 3 ran at a fairly consistent 25fps. They tried to push those systems too far. Though, that is paying off with BC.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If the game can run anywhere between 57 and 30 frames, this sounds actually worse than before. If the game consistently performs above 30 but can go almost as much down as to 30, it would have been much better had they locked it to 30.

FyreWulff

If the game can run anywhere between 57 and 30 frames, this sounds actually worse than before. If the game consistently performs above 30 but can go almost as much down as to 30, it would have been much better had they locked it to 30.

would require the game itself to have a 30fps cap option

But the game regularly dips below 30 on 360, if you watch the video. 30-50 is a huge improvement over last gen's oh so familiar not quite 30fps.

c0de

Also VGTech currently seems to be one of the channels you should subscribe to when you are interested in BC videos for Xbox One as it seems that the topic is currently not relevant to DF. I also like their stats they provide with every video in form a google doc.

Theorry

Also VGTech currently seems to be one of the channels you should subscribe to when you are interested in BC videos for Xbox One as it seems that the topic is currently not relevant to DF. I also like their stats they provide with every video in form a google doc.

Yeah guess DF is busy with other things. Not their fault. Its busy times.. But i did remember they said end of 2016. We soon get a big BC video. But we are in May now haha.

c0de

Yeah guess DF is busy with other things. Not their fault. Its busy times.. But i did remember they said end of 2016. We soon get a big BC video. But we are in May now haha.

Yes, it was even dark10x that said so, IIRC. Perhaps he/they will skip it until Scorpio launches and it will an even bigger video for BC.

Caayn

BC performance on Scorpio will be interesting.
Yeah VGTech has become the channel for BC performance videos.

meirl

Banned

This is bullshit. Did you Even See the Video?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
You'd have to think Scorpio will be able to brute force 60 on most games with an unlocked framerate.

Could be fantastic.

This is definitely false - the game has an average framerate of ~38 fps right now on Xbox One, there is no way the CPU boost of Scorpio will make that 60.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how much it can deliver on BC, I'd like to see the average for a Xbox One S too. It will be slightly higher than the 38 average as the CPU is slightly quicker.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You'd have to think Scorpio will be able to brute force 60 on most games with an unlocked framerate.

Could be fantastic.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's the CPU rather than the GPU that matters most when it comes to emulation and Scorpio isn't going to be much of an improvement on that front.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's the CPU rather than the GPU that matters most when it comes to emulation and Scorpio isn't going to be much of an improvement on that front.

Well, I mean, if base Xbox One is giving these games a boost, then you'd think the modified Jag in Scorpio could push a bit further.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I mean, if base Xbox One is giving these games a boost, then you'd think the modified Jag in Scorpio could push a bit further.

"A bit" being the operative phrase. Whether or not an unlocked, typically 30fps X360 game will manage an unwavering 60fps on Scorpio is going to depend on how well said title performs on the standard X1 and I'd wager the games that are sufficiently close to that target don't represent the majority.

Take AssCreed 3, for instance: the framerate generally hovers around 30-40fps. Scorpio isn't going to be able to make up that deficit.

c0de

Should take it to at least 40-50 on Scorpio since it is a 30% increase in CPU speed.

Actually we could get some information on how computing resources matter for BC when Scorpio launches. It also will depend on how the 360 were coded and what there initial bottlenecks were.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Yeah, the framerate on the 360 was horrible. Still remember it.

Replayed the game last year on PC though. 4K downsampled with 144 fps. Different world folks.

Theorry

Yeah, the framerate on the 360 was horrible. Still remember it.

Replayed the game last year on PC though. 4K downsampled with 144 fps. Different world folks.

That would be beast yeah.
I am for sure gonna try AC3 again when it comes with GWG. I am missing AC abit and this is the only one i didnt finish.

Awesome. The benefits of waiting to play thru my backlog, I suppose. Love Phil and co's BC focus. It adds a ton of value to the Xbone.

Theorry

Some of us played through the entire game on the Wii U with it's even worse framerate. Pray for us </3

(I also played 4 on WIi U despite owning it on X1 too, Off-tv play ftw)

VCD63s5JpEgs8.gif

EmiPrime

AC3 was a game that should have launched on PS4 and Xbox One and been given a year extra of development in the process. It was a slideshow at times on last gen consoles and the Desmond levels were of very low quality from the placeholder transitions to the crap level design.

Top Bottom