• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

aGuAveI.gif

p2yo6zN.png

Thanks to Dystify for the schedule.

SWBhRJa.png

Available fighters in the Testpunch. Sadly no Twintelle, Byte & Barq, and Kid Cobra.

xILuaZ8.gif
HFZOJjb.jpg

KFivw3U.jpg
hkYRrzq.jpg

f0StqY2.jpg

Punches can also be thrown using the TRIGGERS according to EDGE. Thanks to Mdk7 for the translated pics.

AG7jwWh.png

You'll be automatically placed into a lobby where a game mode will be chosen at random (1v1, V Ball, etc.). In the lobby, you can change fighters and even train until you're ready for the next match. You can also do local multiplayer and bring your partner into these online lobbies as well!

You can download the Global Testpunch now in the Switch E-shop before the demo goes live.

Here's some countdown clocks for Weekend 2!

Round 1:
t1496448000z4.png

Round 2:
t1496491200z4.png

Round 3:
t1496512800z4.png

Round 4:
t1496534400z4.png

Round 5:
t1496577600z4.png

Round 6:
t1496599200z4.png

And for those of you that want a little warm-up before the next session goes live, check out this little exploit to keep playing! https://www.reddit.com/r/ARMS/comments/6dvpsu/tutorial_reliable_method_of_playing_the_arms/

I've found a reliable way to play the "Warm-Up" mode accessible from online lobbies when the Testpunch server is offline, so you can practice outside of the event times! You'll need to have save data where you've gotten past the tutorial.

On your Nintendo Switch, go to System Settings -> Internet -> Internet Settings -> [your network] -> Change Settings.
Enable proxy settings, and change the server address to 1.1.1.1 (or some other fake address).
Save, then open the ARMS Global Testpunch.
Select Party Match, select a character, then go to Warm-Up.
You'll be able to play for 2 minutes and 30 seconds before it gives up on trying to connect to the non-existent proxy server and displays an error message. You can just close it and return to Warm-Up. Disable proxy settings from the same place you enabled them (System Settings -> Internet -> Internet Settings -> [your network] -> Change Settings) after you're done to return normal functionality to your Switch.

Video of the trick in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXhK5rdpwcU

Are you ready? Let's take up... ARMS!

phanphare

Banned
woah ohhhhh ohhhh oh

woahhhhhh ohhhhh ohhhh oh

ohhhhh ohhhhh ohhhhh

oh oh ohhhhhhhhh

oh oh ohhhhhhhhh

(I am excited to try this game out)

TheJoRu

This gonna be good. Might miss out on the first one (2 AM, noooooo!!), but am gonna try to play as much as possible and get a feel for the game. I'm super excited for this to come out and impressions have been excellent, but have to try it out myself before I fully commit to this game.

Nice OP.

Expecting Lots of Talk of broken characters/ARMS and calls for nerfs. Becuase its tradition at this point.

Sadly don't think I cant make their dumb 1-hour sessions his time. Thought for sure it would be longer since its not a shooter like Splatoon

So pumped for this! Shame there doesn't seem to be a way to play this with specific friends, but really excited to try it all the same.

Nice OP.

Expecting Lots of Talk of broken characters/ARMS and calls for nerfs. Becuase its tradition at this point.

Sadly don't think I cant make their dumb 1-hour sessions his time. Thought for sure it would be longer since its not a shooter like Splatoon

I'm ready for the "omg this character is SO OP!" and "wow I tried these controls for 5 minutes and they sucked. I didn't try anymore after that. Thanks stupid Nintendo."

bobawesome

7 pm...just in time for me to wake up.

I'm mostly excited for Etika's stream of the game, to be honest. I probably wouldn't be as excited for it if I didn't have someone I love watching hyping it up.

I sure hope connections hold up better than in MK8D just from fewer players per room. I had no trouble with online play in Splatoon 2 or Puyo Puyo Tetris, but MK8D drops me regularly.

I'll probably try out the alternate control schemes if I play enough sessions to test everything out, but I have my fingers crossed that Arms will indeed be more Splatoon than MKWii in terms of cementing motion controls as the definitive, competitive way to play.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Do people think we'll be able to use the training/warm-up mode exclusively and not be pushed into a match? I just want to try out the mechanics during these time slots and not deal with PvP.

Totakeke

Do people think we'll be able to use the training/warm-up mode exclusively and not be pushed into a match? I just want to try out the mechanics during these time slots and not deal with PvP.

The last picture in the OT shows a warm up option.

Edit: Oh, nevermind

Neoxon

I'm kinda salty that I can't use both Joy-Cons for the first week since the L button crapped out on me. Hopefully Nintendo gets the replacement left Joy-Con in before next week's Testpunches.

Neiteio

This is one of those games where not using motion controls seems like missing the point. Hopefully able-bodied gamers will at least try the motion controls to see the devs' intended experience.

That being said, while I'll only use motion, I hope the traditional controls work well, too, so that the game is accessible to handicapped people and holds up well in handheld mode, as well.

Top Bottom