• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Fifa 18 partnership goes to Sony?

source - https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/282687/playstation-sponsoring-event-of-fifa-18

It is in fact making the web, the image you can see above where we find the Polish Youtuber Oskar "Junajted" Siwiec who spread a photo coming from a presentation of Fifa 18 at the doors of the Allianz Arena, the house Of Bayern Munich.

https://www.facebook.com/JunajtedFI...888998016938/1849770941928739/?type=3&theater
DAnJ5W8W0AAWZb3-570x420.jpg

Last Year - Event in Germany "Xbox"

momentum me if old

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Great catch for Sony if true. While the in-game benefits of MS's partnership are minimal, it's association has definitely made it the default platform to play in the last few years.

Auctopus

Haven't they always? I don't know if it's related but most FIFA sponsored matches have PS4 signs, not Xbox. I imagine it goes both ways.

jts

...hate me...
Why not Nintendo? You'd think they would want to advertise the portability
ha no.

This is a big PS/Xbox eSports game, with years of tradition.

Switch may even get an interesting version of the game but it was never poised to be a flagship (no raw power, and core community is on PS/Xbox). Also I'm willing to guess Sony and MS representatives have a much stronger relationship with EA/FIFA. Would take years of Nintendo getting at least on-par versions of FIFA to build anything close to it.

Matty8787

I will end up with both as per anyway.

I got FIFA on PC this year and PES on console but will switch that this time round with PES having a proper version on the PC.

Looking forward to what they do with the story mode in FIFA this time round.

If true this will mainly affect the UK market, where the FIFA co-marketing certainly helped the Xbox One a lot. Looking at the split in GfK threads, it's pretty clear the FIFA bundle have been the best selling unit for the Xbox One there. So if the FIFA bundle is turning into a PS4 bundle from this year, this is quite significant for Sony's leadership. I'm not sure this picture is enough to conclude that the partnership with MS is over though, but we will know that pretty soon I guess.

oti

Banned
That would be pretty huge.
Do we know who got the CoD deal yet? Because CoD, FIFA, Destiny and Red Dead all with Sony? Damn.

jts

...hate me...
Also I wouldn't be surprised if this is somehow related to Peter Moore's departure from EA.

That would be pretty huge.
Do we know who got the CoD deal yet? Because CoD, FIFA, Destiny and Red Dead all with Sony? Damn.

Sony has CoD for a damn long time now, probably the entire generation. Sony seems to have marketing deals for FIFA(rumoured), Destiny 2, CoD, Battlefront 2 and RDR2, but that slipped like everyone predicted.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they did get it. I mean...at this point everybody and their grandma knows Fifa is released on multiple platforms.

If the PS4 version is gonna sell more on than on MS consoles at this point, does it make sense for MS to keep putting $$$ in to marketing deals like these? Dunno, would prob be better to go after new games/ip that might end up being big hits than old/continuing franchises already.

Elandyll

Banned
Probably too early to tell, but -if true- that reported $400m "all encompassing unprecedented partnership deal" only got them 4 years.

Fully expecting the Madden one to go on though.

pswii60

It's clearly going to Switch. EA is making a very special version exclusively for the Switch. Neither Sony and MS can claim that.

Shin

Banned
Jeez, they're destroying the competition with their marketing deals alone.

If true then PlayStation is being rather aggressive this year with these deals.
I just found out they got Far Cry 5 deal, plus Destiny 2, BattleFront 2 and CoD: WW2.
Not sure if I'm missing anything else (not that it matters to me personally, just I find it rather aggressive on their part).
Good on them really for trying to get exclusive content and/or window for their userbase.

Elandyll

Banned
If true then PlayStation is being rather aggressive this year with these deals.
I just found out they got Far Cry 5 deal, plus Destiny 2, BattleFront 2 and CoD: WW2.
Not sure if I'm missing anything else (not that it matters to me personally, just I find it rather aggressive on their part).
Good on them really for trying to get exclusive content and/or window for their userbase.
RDR2 as well, but that one got pushed to mid 2018.

Sony's being aggressive like they were in the PS2 days. Putting in some work (money) to make PlayStation synonymous with huge brands. Hopefully it pays off in the next generation.

Top Bottom