• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Dragon Quest XI gameplay videos, 3 PS4 and 3 3DS

I see they're using DQIV's sailing theme again, though I can't complain since it's such a good one.

I wonder if battles are actually random encounters in 2D mode or if they just hide the on-world ones.

Kanann

Videos are kinda old (week ago, and cutting the old footage from month ago), but no one make a thread yet, so, hooray! DQ DQ DQ!!!

Luigiv

your thread title contains too many numbers

is this about half life 3

XI

Well let's look at it logically.

6+11+3+4+3+3 = 30 and it's been 10 years since Episode 2.
30+10 = 40, which the the biological half life of plutonium in the liver in years.
30/10 = 3.

So yes HL3 confirmed.

DKHF

Nice to see some PS4 gameplay in the areas they showed in the April stream in significantly better quality than the stream had.

yoonshik

19a2bf.gif

2f02c8.gif

Anoxida

Love the look on ps4 and 2D mode. Normal 3ds mode is not very pretty to say the least.
Did not enjoy the music in those videos very much, hopefully they grow on you.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's so cool that they're making a modern and old school version at the same time.

zoozilla

The fact that they're doing both 2D and 3D modes is still crazy to me.

There must've been points in development when the staff was like "Why did we commit to this!?"

Why all the dislikes on the video's?

Japan; literally the only country ive seen that actively uses the dislike button. So many videos here have a 50% ration for what I gather to be "just cus" while also not so many comments... -shrug- its different haha.

watershed

Banned
Is it just me or are the animations for the main character's movements kind of off? The climbing up the ladder animation was almost cartoon like and his running animation seems very jerky. Every time he changes direction it's almost like he's running in 8 directions only or something. I'm watching the village video now.

killatopak

3D mode on 3DS looks very charming.

There's something about midi bgm and the graphics of the ps4 version that doesn't mesh together.

atbigelow

I like the models in the PS4 version, but it just animates so weirdly. The part with the barrels in the PS4 video looked really blah and clunky. Finding myself much more drawn to the 3DS 3D mode.

Dark_castle

The music in DQ games are generally mixed bags for me. Usually the battle music are very repetitive and obnoxious, but towns and overworld music are nice.

Eusis

your thread title contains too many numbers

is this about half life 3

XI

No, it's 6 Dragon Quest (games), 11 gameplay videos, 3 PS4, 3 3DS. This is about showing several games in the series, with 3 PS4 entries and 3 3DS entries.

N30RYU

If the Switch version is good enough (graphics and framerate) I may go with that version... if not, the PS4 that's it.

And the lack of Switch footage make sme think that I'll go with the PS4 one.

PSFan

If the Switch version is good enough (graphics and framerate) I may go with that version... if not, the PS4 that's it.

And the lack of Switch footage make sme think that I'll go with the PS4 one.

I still say the Switch version is way, way off. Like after localization of the other versions. I don't care though, as long as we get both the PS4 and 3DS versions.

extralite

so.... they're still doing fucking MIDI soundtrack?

They upgraded the soundtrack of X to an orchestral version for the Wii U release. Regular Wii owners got the same soundtrack with version 2.

Not sure what kind of opportunity there could be for PS4 to upgrade its XI soundtrack though.

AmyS

I need all three versions of this game in my life.

Okay, at least two versions (PS4 & 3DS).

Daauumm the village looks nice on PS4.

Asd202

PS4 version looks great. Though the midi sound is annoying. Hoping that just like DQVIII they will do an orchestral soundtrack for the West.

It's pretty grating on the ears. Going to be really disappointed if that's the final sound quality for the game.

yeah, the game looks great but come on.... there's lots of music programs that can make things sound amazing, even if it's not a real orchestra

here it's just lazy

The music is really poor quality. I have my reservations on the art direction of the PS4 version but that pales in comparison to the music. I also think the composition isn't that great either though. I'm super excited for the game but none of the music in DQXI so far has impressed me.

I see they're using DQIV's sailing theme again, though I can't complain since it's such a good one.

I wonder if battles are actually random encounters in 2D mode or if they just hide the on-world ones.

It's quite annoying because they used that same music for sailing in DQIX. It's super lazy. DQ games used to have unique sailing music.

PS: The animation in the PS4 version needs works. The jumping is just lol.

Top Bottom